1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

About Townies...

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Korvaz, Aug 12, 2014.

Korvaz

Korvaz

I've been thinking all day about this, but do we have more control over the townie population?

When I ask that, I mean is it possible for us to add sims into the townie group? I could've sworn I watched a video/interview starring one of the gurus and they stated that it was possible, or maybe I'm just going bonkers from the impatience for September 2nd...
    I hope I recalled correctly, because I'd love to see a lot of these sims I'm creating in my game where I can have my main (Legacy/Story) family be able to interact with them.
    Coolgame8013

Coolgame8013

Origin ID:
    coolgame8013
    I think I heard Sims both in the neighborhood and The Families bin will have chances to spawn. In terms of townie spawn up.
    The book thief

The book thief

Origin ID:
    thesims3andtwo

there is a townie generator ,yes.
    • Like Like x 1
    Lokisimsies

Lokisimsies

EA townies must go!! *burns them all* except Amber who can stay. I hate EA townies, they always have the most wretched of traits. All seem to have commitment issues or are evil. Really? Way to be original there....

Back on topic....

Yes, they have said that you can fill your bin up with your own Sims and the game will pull from that bin when generating townies. So in that aspect, it will be easier to have the world truly be your own.

My plan is to replace all the Sims living in houses with my own and then have an army of Sims in the bin ready to fill random townie roles. I don't ever want to see an icky EA pre-made in any of my games.

Ever.

Never.

Or I will make them all die of embarrassment and laughter....oh wait....I did want to test that out...*evil laugh*
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    The book thief

The book thief

Origin ID:
    thesims3andtwo

This.
    I'm going to delete all the townies I don't like , and deal with the ones I REALLY hate
    'personally.' Don Lothario is staying , and so are the Calientes.

But that bitch Nancy Landgraab is going DOWN.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    Tanena

Tanena

Yeah I like Don Lothario and the Calientes...I heard they added their mother to the game should be interesting lol...I like amber and pancake bob too so if they are there I would keep them ...I'll have to see who will stay and who will go....
    FieryPhoenix

FieryPhoenix

Origin ID:
    AgentTK1
    Ooooh, I'm going to have a beautiful town full of beautiful (non-EA) townies!! With traits that make sense....

Great. I guess I'll be spending my first hours of the game making a bunch of townie Sims, lol. MAKEOVERS FOR EVERYONE!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    BirdGovernor

BirdGovernor

Amber would be the first one gone. Buhbye, "neighbor".

I'll keep her friend though, he's a cutie
    Aralyne

Aralyne

I can't say I've ever bothered to replace townies before when I play the Sims 3. I tend to focus more on my own household of sims (and cheat my way in friendships with townies - bless testingcheatsenabled lol!). But considering how they keep harping on about emotions and all that, I may invest more time in getting to know the townies in the Sims 4 when I get to play it. So far, I don't mind the townies I've seen in trailers. If any of them turn out to be extremely annoying though - even more so with added "emotions" - I'll probably switch them out/delete them faster than they can say "sul sul" at my sim :cat:
    FieryPhoenix

FieryPhoenix

Origin ID:
    AgentTK1
    I'll be doing this, too. I never really got to know my townies in TS3... I just used and abused them, lol.
    Korvaz

Korvaz

Ah okay so I did hear that being mentioned, that makes me even more excited!
    Dawnbreak

Dawnbreak

Origin ID:
    DawnbreakEdge
    There are two types of townies. Those that are playable and the random NPCs.
    • Like Like x 1
    Lolobunnie

Lolobunnie

Origin ID:
    Jaynul2010
    Yes there is a townie generator...humm now that you guys mention it I am going to go into CAS and start making a bunch of fun lovely sims to live in my town
    caitlin_abby13

caitlin_abby13

Ohhh I can't wait to play Don Lothario and the Calientes!! I played them all the time in Sims 2 haha!
    Lammashta Otaku

Lammashta Otaku

Origin ID:
    LammashtaOtaku
    I wonder how many playable families can we choose from.
    strawberrigurl

strawberrigurl

Origin ID:
    strawberrigurl
    That is very cool if the world can be populated with out library creations. I wonder if that will open the door to duplicates though. Like if I play someone from my library and the game spawns a twin as a townie or several townies, but maybe the game has a built in mechanism to prevent that. o_O

I also agree with they guys that plan to wipe out the townies that crossed over from older generations. I'm not a fan of any of them so I will wipe the town out. :devilish: Unless there happens to be a handsome lad or lady my main sim can get jiggy wit'.:cautious:<<----my favorite smiley
    • Agree Agree x 1
    calinselene

calinselene

I've just been searching to find out how to STOP townies from being generated. I've replaced all the lots and characters in Willow Creek and created a whole bunch of townies (move them into a lot then evict them to place them in the Townie Bin. The game does actually place them in-world :)). The problem I'm having now is that the game doesn't seem to have a cap on how many townies it creates. It's using my sims and still generating more. I'm getting pretty tired of de-fuglying EA townies :eek:. Does anyone have any idea if there is a set amount of townies that the game needs?
    Korvaz

Korvaz

I think they need to auto-age to keep a balance on how many townies are in the game. My game is almost filled with nobody but elders and I have aging turned off entirely.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Tanena

Tanena

Pancake bob married my Nicki Manaj they have three kids now :D Well I didn't like his original wife she was a gold digger smh and the poor man was depressed lol but not any more :p :hilarious::rolleyes::joyful::roflmao:
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1