1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

AUTOSAVE PLEASE

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Luners, Jun 18, 2013.

Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yeah it would be cool if they did have autosave in TS4. Like some quiet background saving for example every 20 minutes of gameplay or every sim day at midnight...like it can have some saving indicator at the bottom as we just keep on playing the game.

Its 2013! It is about time we have that but yeah it is a pain when you put a hr or so into your sims and you got their lives on track, or filled with drama and what happens to me is that damn Windows Update decides it wants to auto shut down my computer and update. Then you have to start all over and you go, "I am done playing for today."
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I think it is possible, SimCity has it, there's no other way to save than the auto save.
    zldixon

zldixon New Member

Mine takes 4fingEVER to save.
    • Like Like x 1
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Mine too, I just leave the room and go do something else before coming back to the computer.
    zldixon

zldixon New Member

Sad. When I played sims 2, mine would take 6+ hours to save. Awful. AWFUL.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    My TS2 wouldn't take too long to save, but loading between every single thing took at least 45 minutes each (and that's with minimal expansions and no custom content.
    Abigail

Abigail

I agree but I think there should be an auto save option, not required cause when I am super bored I kill my sims
    Abigail

Abigail

My sims 2 saving took only a few seconds, of course I had no mods, no cc, just a base game, until later.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    An option to enable and disable autosave? I could go for that.
    Tubbie Head

Tubbie Head

That would be perfect.
    • Like Like x 1
    Melik

Melik New Member

If they did add an autosave option they should be able to ask exactly how many minutes/hours 'til save time. I would get easily annoyed if every 20 minutes my sims game had an autosave icon pop up when i'm really into the game.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    In Sim City it has autosave and there are absolutely no pop ups it does it automatically, hence the auto save..
    Melik

Melik New Member

Oh! That would be much better than what I'd suggested! I wouldn't be as aggravated after all.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Yeah lol you don't even know it's saving because it doesn't stop you or anything, which was scary at first.
    Melik

Melik New Member

Scary at first because you thought the game didn't save and you had no idea of knowing that the auto save was happening?
    jedpatrickdatu

jedpatrickdatu

Autosave might lag the game. Seeing how saving is such a heavy task that it can take up to 45 minutes for some people, having the game do it while you are playing would be painful.

Of course, the on/off feature is a good idea.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Yeah lol.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    If they can do it without lag online only with simcity they can do it with sims.
    cocoamy

cocoamy

YES THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!!! I hope they can bring that into The Sims 4. And I also don't want it to take so long to save!!
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Save times have always been horrid, apart from sims 1, it's a major issue that must be fixed.