1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Cannot save due to 'Sim Aging Up'

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Dane, Sep 3, 2014.

Dane

Dane

Hi there. I'm having an issue with the game where at one point it decided that one sim is perpetually aging up. A few of them are 3-4 days away from actually aging up but that takes hours of ingame time, why would they restrict saving during such a huge span of time? I'm just wondering if this is proper(I'm new to The Sims), or I have some sort of awful glitch.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hip_Rose

Hip_Rose

Origin ID:
    TheSavageNymph
    I think you might have a huge save bug, sometimes in Ts3 one of my sims would just stop aging all together, and there was nothing I could do except load the family again.
    • Like Like x 1
    Dane

Dane

Well they're still aging.

Are there any console commands or cheats that force a save?
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

If you want to force age them up, click on the refrigerator and make a cake.

After you make the cake, there shoudl be an option to put birthday candles on it.

THis next step you should be careful:

Have the sim that you want to age up blow out the candles or make a wish. That sim will then age up. You can age sims up anytime like this.
    Dane

Dane

Yeah I'm not trying to age up, I want them to do that naturally. I'm just trying to save, and it's not allowing me to do that because it says 'your sim' is aging up at the moment. Not sure which sim it's referring to.
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Well if you in live mode. Go to to bottom right, and there should be an icon that looks like a face: Simology. Well it shows how far the selected sim is on each age stage.

When the green bar is all the way filled up and it's sparkling or something, that means the sim is about to age up, like THAT current day is his birthday or time to age up.

They age up at random times during the day. My Sims did eventually that same day.

But yeah in your household, just select one sim (or control) at a time and go to that simology panel that is the face with make up that is by the needs (or the one with the happy smiley face) at the bottom left.
    Dane

Dane

That's what's confusing, none of them are ready to age up naturally. I know I can force them to age up but I don't want to do that.

When the issue popped up there were no Sims ready to be aged up.
    Again, the problem isn't the aging, that's fine, it's that I can't save.
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yeah Dane it sucks. It can be a bug you ran into.

Try to reset your sims before you may just have to exit the game and lose whatever your progress is so far after the last save. It can be a sim glitch:

In the cheats bar: Shift + Ctrl + C type this in:

I think its like The Sims 3 where the name does not have to be in brackets: So it can be resetSim Tony Smith you'll type in for example.
    • resetSim {FirstName} {LastName} – Resets the Sim.
    If that doesn't work, try the brackets. But do that for each Sim, one sim at a time, see if that works.
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Okay it is in brackets...

So you'll have to type both names in brackets.
    Dane

Dane

Alright so I don't think I'll be able to fix it, ended up going back to main menu. Lost hours and hours of progress.

Anyway, I could use some more help. I loaded up an older save to when I wasnt having this issue and even tried it with a new household, but it still says you cant save because your sim is aging. Any clue what's going on?
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Wow. That is just plain weird. I just wonder if it is a bug with one of the sims or that family. Have any of them aged at all since you made them?

That is the only thing I can think of.
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Try moving in another family into another house and see if you can save.
    Dane

Dane

I exited the game and it fixed the save issue but I did have to revert pretty far back, it's alright though! I didn't lose too much.
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yeah I came across save issues in The Sims 3, especially when the game was on after quite an amount of time.

Hopefully that would be the end of that issue for you though.
    janesays212

janesays212

Origin ID:
    janesays212
    I'm having a similar issue, only difference is that I know what I did to make it happen. It is indeed a bug though.

My family-oriented sim had a goal to age up to "adult," and while he was a young adult already, I thought maybe the game meant he hasn't celebrated being one yet. Yeah, stupid on my part, I know...so I had him bake a cake and put candles on it, but when I hovered over the option to blow them out, the pop up said "this will age your sim up," so I canceled the action. He still had 14 days left before aging naturally and I definitely didn't want to rush through those.

Here's the glitch - even though he never blew the candles out AND threw away the damn cake, the game still registered him as going through an age up, so now he's perpetually stuck on his lot, not able to throw parties, visit anyone, or save until he ages naturally (I hope so, at least).

In hindsight I should have realized that the goal to age up meant aging past his current age (duh lol), but still! If you're allowed to cancel the action, WHY would the game not recognize that it was canceled? This is the second bug I've encountered and it's pretty disappointing...but whaddaya expect with a Sims game :/
    AlAye

AlAye

Dude, that's my problem, too! It's done it to me twice, now. I ended up killing one of them off (eh, he was gonna die anyway lol) But I don't want to kill this one off. So, darnit, now I've gotta restart it and lose ALL of my progress thus far. -.-
    FoxySimmer1

FoxySimmer1

I had the exact same thing happen to me, Dane. Just in case it happens again, though, you can:
    CTRL + SHIFT + C for the cheat tab to come up. Then enter inside the tab:
    togglecheats on
    After you do this, shift click any sim in your household. A menu should come up, just like the interaction menu, except it has different features. Click "Modify Sim in CAS" or something like that. You can then click the little file in the top right corner of CAS which will upload your household to your Library in the Gallery. After you do all this, exit the game without saving (because it won't let you save, of course) and then open it back up. Make a new household, click on the gallery button, and then open your Library. Your household should be there. You can upload your household back to TS4, which will let you have your household and save your games.
    Like I said, I had this same exact problem, but this is what I did to fix it! I hope it works for you.
    A1050

A1050

Origin ID:
    A1050
    I had the same problem, but I figured it out. All you have to do, click the ellipsis (the ...) in the top right corner (Options Menu), click Game Options in the columns, then change lifespan to one that it wasn't before. For example, if yours is normal, then make it short or long. After you do this, click Apply Changes. Now, exit the Options Menu and go back to it. Change your lifespan back to how you want it and there you go! :)