1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Chance to get the Demo!

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by HappyPhantom, Aug 8, 2014.

Dawnbreak

Dawnbreak

Origin ID:
    DawnbreakEdge
    It's so stupid. About 3,000 people retweeted. They could have picked at least 50...
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Dawnbreak

Dawnbreak

Origin ID:
    DawnbreakEdge
    ROUND 3 HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go guys!
    HappyPhantom

HappyPhantom Official Cool Kid

Origin ID:
    Sharpshade
    497865488479694849 is not a valid tweet id
    • Like Like x 1
    mariefoxprice83

mariefoxprice83

Good luck everyone here. Really hope at least one of us gets lucky. I lose a little faith in EA every single time I fail to get it. :(
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Arachne

Arachne

Origin ID:
    Arachne3003
    I feel the same way. I really hate how the Sims community is being divided into haves and have nots. Even though most of the haves are really nice about it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    mariefoxprice83

mariefoxprice83

Yeah, so many people are all "! got the demo but I wish everyone else did too" or "I didn't want it, I wish I could give it away." Yet here we have EA's own staff refusing to answer our queries and concerns or even give a release date. It's a shame.
    • Like Like x 1
    mariefoxprice83

mariefoxprice83

Round 3 results up now. I am going to bed sad yet again.
    Arachne

Arachne

Origin ID:
    Arachne3003
    Nothing for me, either. :meh:
    Dawnbreak

Dawnbreak

Origin ID:
    DawnbreakEdge
    I think they're doing it next Friday. Hopefully it comes out on the 12th like rumors say...
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Tanena

Tanena

I totally agree I re tweeted from origin today and no I was not a winner but congrats to those who won...I don't know why they just don't give the demo out to all who ask for it why do they have to make things so complicated smh
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Tanena

Tanena

I'm not following Origin to retweet if they have this again I mean come on the release of the demo is suppose to be on the 12th I say I just take my chances and wait and if there is NO Demo release on the 12th I'm just gonna wait to receive my game on Sept 2nd...I think this was the worst actions I have ever seen played out "shakes head" I don't know what the game plan was for EA and Origin but this is the worst I have seen lol ..Come on EA & Origin give the Demo out to folks already and stop playing this horrible game with people its not right ...not right at all...
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Tanena

Tanena

I was so tempted to get "The Cracked version" but than I thought about it and well .....patience is a virtue with my luck I could end up with some virus or something lol you just never know...Another forum I belong to everyone was just downloading it..Its sad people are so desperately wanting the demo and will do what they can to get it...its like EA & Origin have the Demo as a piece of meat on a fishing pole hook and they are teasing all the little fishes and the poor lil fish can't get that meat......what a metaphor but so true when you think about it :D
    • Agree Agree x 1
    lildemongames

lildemongames

Origin ID:
    lildemongames
    Really? Mine just popped up in my origins! I made this with it
    , but I had no idea that it was that hard to get a hold of...
    • Like Like x 2
    Lammashta Otaku

Lammashta Otaku

Origin ID:
    LammashtaOtaku
    I don't understand why they haven't made it public yet. Are they having server issues with the gallery?
    lildemongames

lildemongames

Origin ID:
    lildemongames
    No its actually glichy and getting fixed!
    Incognito

Incognito

Let me get this straight, they held a competition to give away something that people have previously been given for free?
    • Like Like x 2
    mariefoxprice83

mariefoxprice83

Yeah, this is a ridiculous way to handle the situation. It makes me question whether I want to support the Sims 4 at all. A year ago I was all set to love the game but the punches just keep coming. It's not right at all that some get weeks to practice making sims while others are left in the dark.
    • Like Like x 1
    mariefoxprice83

mariefoxprice83

Yeah, it's a joke. First it went to their "favourites" then random people, then we had the so-called sign up sheet and now this, while many people who want it don't get it. And then you get all the people who got it and didn't particularly want it, or the ones who said "I played it for an hour and got bored so it's just sitting in my Origin account unused." So frustrating.
    • Like Like x 1
    Luthien Rising

Luthien Rising

Origin ID:
    luthienrising
    Probably not -- but that can be *exactly* why everyone doesn't have it yet. Rolling a product out gradually gives a chance to ensure server stability -- EA learned its lesson from SimCity: You have to anticipate server load, and that means finding out what's not working before the servers are so overloaded that they just shut down and you can't identify the *other* problems -- and to fix untestable-for bugs (in a perfect world, every possible setup could be tested, but this isn't that world; there are so many circumstances that even B2B custom-build software companies can't test for, and the possibilities in consumer software are vastly higher!) while those untestable-for bugs are being reported by 10 quiet people, not 10,000 yelling-on-the-internet people. I'm sure they had keen eyes on their small beta (Creators Camp) group for game-level bugs as well. QA people try to think like every possibly user, and test every possible thing you might try to do, but human nature means there's always something a user will try that QA didn't anticipate. I really, really want my CAS demo, but I also really, really understand why the rollout is gradual and even why it's almost entirely random. I just really, really wish EA knew I've beta-tested before and know how to report useful info back so they'd give me a toy for the weekend ;)
    • Like Like x 1
    mariefoxprice83

mariefoxprice83

My issue is not with them testing, if that is the true reason behind the partial release, My issue is with them bragging about the public demo being forthcoming , then a few days later announcing out of nowhere that it was a beta test and invitation only. without giving those who really wanted it a chance to sign up for it. The sign up sheet they did later seems to have been an attempt to shut us up as few people seemed to get the demo from there and it also happened after some people had already been playing the demo for 2 weeks or more.

There should have an announcement at the very beginning that the demo was for a limited beta test only, instead of telling us there would be a public demo and THEN making it limited. If they'd posted a sign up sheet posted at the very beginning and made it clear what the position was, as well as giving us a proper public release date for the rest of us poor plebs, most people would be fine with that. But they chose instead to flaunt the demo whilst excluding many of us.

Alternatively, they could have stuck with the invitation only beta BUT made it a secret or at least low key beta instead of announcing it all over the internet. Then we wouldn't be upset at the handling of it. because we wouldn't have known it was around.
    • Like Like x 1