1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Chance to get the Demo!

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by HappyPhantom, Aug 8, 2014.

Incognito

Incognito

They really don't have long left to test sever stability though. The game is bound to go gold at some point in the next 2 weeks, and there are just 25 days until the entire sim community will have the ability to access to the gallery, if it's not able to handle those who have the demo then that's pretty worrying. :nailbiting:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl

At most we're just not going to be able to access the Gallery like intended, but I don't see how that could be detrimental to our enjoyment of the game... unless you consider browsing the Gallery more important than making your Sims and playing them. Still, there are certain types of issues that only show up on a full-scale testing...
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Dawnbreak

Dawnbreak

Origin ID:
    DawnbreakEdge
    It would be smart to have public testing at this point..... oh EA/Maxis
    • Like Like x 1
    Incognito

Incognito

I don't think it's detrimental, however many people will have saved sims or families with the specific intention of using them when the game is released, so they can dive into game play.

Also I do think it's pretty bad form, to release a game knowing that all the features the customer paid for are not going to be accessible from the get go, although I appreciate that might just be my take on it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    mariefoxprice83

mariefoxprice83

I agree. They really do need to see what happens with maximum activity at some stage. Why not now, when there is more time to fix it before release?

I for one would gladly skip the gallery before release in order to play with the CAS tools. As long as I could save my own sims in the demo itself, I'm not bothered about uploading my creations or looking at other people's creations. Sure, it would be nice, but I could easily live without it. The demo itself is the part that counts.
    Tanena

Tanena

Yep you are lucky my friend cause alot of people did not receive the Demo :)
    Tanena

Tanena

Your right marie..they "EA & Origin" should have given it to all who wanted to try...I have met people who told me they never played The Sims in their lives cause thats not interesting to them and they got the DEMO! lol I mean go figure I just don't get it!
    • Like Like x 1
    lildemongames

lildemongames

Origin ID:
    lildemongames
    The Sims 4 actually still has some glitches, very rare but still there. For example when your dragging around the nose it will flicker between mouth and cheek, mess up you cheek shape then you hit the undo button and it won't change only manually!
    I also noticed when you went on the gallery and clicked on something to look at it then when you closed it the same animation would happen right behind the community page! It's not really a big deal, but I just notice details and find it annoying:shifty:!

I'm spending today trying to capture these glitches and will upload to
    YouTube @ https://www.youtube.com/user/lildemongames/feed
    Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/theywontgivemeanythingelse
    Twitter @ https://twitter.com/lildemongames

(Please leave a like, subscribe, or follow while your there:redface:!)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Tanena

Tanena

Ty lildemongames I truly appreciate it
    lildemongames

lildemongames

Origin ID:
    lildemongames
    No problem, only thing is the glitch amount go down when I film or only play for a short time:sour:.
    Arachne

Arachne

Origin ID:
    Arachne3003
    Good idea, lildemongames. I hope you plan to tell Maxis, too.
    HappyPhantom

HappyPhantom Official Cool Kid

Origin ID:
    Sharpshade
    Awesome info Lil! I "liked" you from my facebook and followed you on my twitter! Excellent work! :)
    lildemongames

lildemongames

Origin ID:
    lildemongames
    I got it on Cam, but only one example :dead:
    lildemongames

lildemongames

Origin ID:
    lildemongames

How do I send it to Maxis?
    • Like Like x 1
    Sims4Forum

Sims4Forum The Boss Site Owner

I'll make sure they get it :)
    • Like Like x 2
    lildemongames

lildemongames

Origin ID:
    lildemongames
    Thank you
    Sims4Forum

Sims4Forum The Boss Site Owner

no problemo :) it's great to see members like yourself on the ball with these types of things! One less bug to worry about come release day! (hopefully)
    Elyssa

Elyssa

I got the demo in the first wave. I read about the demo and I thought "Well there's me out, I never get lucky at these things." I checked my origin anyway just in case and I had it. I was like "No effing WAY!" But I hate how they've handled it. Everyone should have it by now, a long time ago by now. Instead of teasing people with signups and free code fridays and crap like that. I wish I could give it to everyone!
    • Like Like x 2
    Arachne

Arachne

Origin ID:
    Arachne3003
    Good catch! :)

Is it just me or does that look remarkably like a young Will Smith?
    • Like Like x 2
    Tanena

Tanena

He does have an uncanny resemblance