1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

"clock_watchdog_timeout" error

Discussion in 'Technical Problems' started by dawnderee, May 12, 2014.

dawnderee

dawnderee

This isn't specifically a Sims issue but it affects my Sims playing, is frustrating the you-know-what outta me and I feel like some of you are more technologically advanced that I am. Does anyone have any fixes or suggestions for the above error message?

I have Windows 8 on a custom built gaming machine. I get the blue screen of death with the above error message. It happens 99% of the time during gaming - regardless of the game - but never if I'm just on YouTube, watching Netflix/Hulu or web surfing. My son thinks it might be a graphics card issue. I've tried suggestions found by Googling the error message and some made from my tech support gurus but the crashes continue. Over the weekend I lost Sims game play and my son gave up playing League of Legends due to crashes; we crashed at least seven times yesterday alone. Fixes tried so far are: uninstalling silverlight (crashes still tend to correspond with "cloud updates" despite the cloud being disabled and never used), updating video card drivers (Nvidia GeForce), and running a Windows hard drive "CHKDSK" repair. I was also advised to swap around some of the sata cables in my box but didn't feel like it (lol) plus I'm doubtful it's a cable issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, I fear I'm going to have to mail my tower back to the manufacturer...again...which will render me computer-less for about two to three weeks...again.

Thank you in advance.