1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Deluxe Edition vs Standard

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Shepard, Sep 4, 2014.

Shepard

Shepard Romance me Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    FoxettShep
    Hi. So what's the big deal in the Deluxe Edition? Now that the game is released and all. I can do without "animal hats" and 2 or 3 decor items. Should I go for the standard then? What did you guys do?
    • Like Like x 1
    Neko

Neko

Origin ID:
    nekotuesti
    Honestly, I got the Digital Deluxe. I'm a huge Sims buff so it was just too tempting for me. Call me crazy, call me dumb, but thats what I did, heh...honestly, though, the game's not much different without the extra stuff. Sure, the animal hats are cute, and there are some party themed things to buy, but otherwise, same game. ;) So, its really just up to if you want to spend extra money for these features, I suppose, and since you say you can do without them, you might as well save the extra cash, haha.
    • Like Like x 1
    Shepard

Shepard Romance me Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    FoxettShep
    Thanks :) I went standard, but now I regret it a little. :I Oh well, I guess I'll be fine.
    Korvaz

Korvaz

I went Deluxe-- or Premium Edition since I didn't bother pre-ordering/buying online, so yeah I got the extra DLC. It's not entirely game-changing, you can easily do without the content as well as save a couple of bucks. As Neko said, if you're the type that needs to collect everything just for the sake of having it whether or not you're gonna use it, Deluxe would be better for you.

ALSO... If you ever change your mind and want to upgrade to Deluxe Edition, that option is still available for you. I saw Maxis offering a Deluxe upgrade for people with Standard Edition here. I personally think spending the extra money is not that big of a deal if you're planning to upgrade later on down the road.
    Michael

Michael Gypsy

I opted for the Digital Deluxe, however I'm not even sure if it'll be worth the extra content that's included. I just like to have all the content that's on offer to be honest. :dead:
    I'd just stick with the Standard just now, maybe if the Digital Deluxe add-on becomes cheaper in the future (assuming it isn't up for a limited time), then I would maybe think about purchasing that.
    Neko

Neko

Origin ID:
    nekotuesti
    Ah, sorry to hear about the regret D: At least you aren't missing a whole lot. I just hope my advice didn't just ruin everything. :giggle:;;
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

• Informative Informative x 1
    Hip_Rose

Hip_Rose

Origin ID:
    TheSavageNymph
    Dude buy it at Instant Gaming! There is a small difference in price and it's much cheaper. I got the Limited Edition there, it's not the Deluxe (doesn't have the hats and something else I can't even remember) and it was super cheap, 33 euros.
    P.S- I looked it up. The Limited Edition only comes with the Life of the Party Digital Content.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    youtubebestgirl

youtubebestgirl

im buying the Deluxe edition and i want to know what do you get with it:giggle2:;)