1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Do you prefer the cartoony look or the realistic look?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Rethka786, May 17, 2014.

?

Cartoony or Realistic: Which do you prefer?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2014.
  1. Cartoony

47.2%
  2. Realistic

19.4%
  3. I Like Both

27.8%
  4. Not Bothered

5.6%
    ziolyn masala

ziolyn masala

• Agree Agree x 2
    Queen

Queen

Origin ID:
    PuReAnGeL
    I love that mockup look! Handsome!!!
    Raja

Raja

Well i personally still find the hair :eek: but realistic still the best for me it's like :D now don't wait for artists to create awsome hair cos it's still cartoony mod ! :(
    • Agree Agree x 1
    samxvn

samxvn

I don't know, I just feel like sims are overreacting in TS4.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Linda

Linda

True , cos sims 3 had great hair and s4 have great skin !
    Amir

Amir

I love realistick hair !
    Biotic_Warlock

Biotic_Warlock Яeversed

With regards to hair, I'd rather not have to download CC hairstyles due to players with preference for no-CC. I just hope the base game will actually have longer hairstyles for men (unlike TS3 base game).
    From the looks of the CC style artworks, the reworked hair looks fabulous.
    ArissaJ

ArissaJ

At first I hated it! But I think the same goes for a lot of us, the style has grown on me since and at this point I wouldn't have it any other way.:)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Kingaxxxx

Kingaxxxx

I too, was one of the many people who were wailing about wanting realistic graphics, but like Arissa stated above, the new look has grown on me extremely. The tattoos have got me ecstatic, finally, I can have full arm tattoos without just trying to pile as many on as I did on Sims 3, not to mention those were blurry as hell while these tattoos are nice, clean, and visible. The graphics are amazing to me and I am glad they didn't take the more realistic route.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Alice9295

Alice9295

I like the cartoony look as well.
    At first I didn't like it as well but then I thought about how my computer could handle the game being that it's years old.
    So now I can't wait. Septemeber 2nd here I come,
    I just hope I have a job by then so I can buy it lol
    Queen

Queen

Origin ID:
    PuReAnGeL
    LOL how about summer job? You can start to save money as low as 20 dollars per month or something. Just suggestion hehe. Good luck for your job searching.
    Jake_Ryan

Jake_Ryan

I love the cartoony look! :cat:
    • Like Like x 1
    Jeriel

Jeriel

At first, I wasn't sure if I'd like it. It (graphically) reminds me a lot of a game I used to play, Sims 2: Castaway for the Wii. I kept wondering why people thought it was bad, because while it looked cartoony, it certainly looked better than what the Sims 3 was able to make. More defined, I guess.

In the end, yeah I like the cartoony look. It'd be interesting to see an ultra realistic sims game, but I'm happy with a cartoon look.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Imardin

Imardin

I hated it when the first screenshots were shown, but I like it even more every time I see new shots and footage. While opting for a more realistic style may seem like the way forward for many fans, I have to admit the cartoon style ages much better in a game.

I've seen in some of the newer videos that there are colour options for clothes, I have to assume furniture will have this too. I mention it because part of me suspects the removal of CASt is to prompt retexturing as a common form of CC like it was in 1 and 2. Why? Because the entire game has this cartoon appearance and so realstic appearing sims will look out of place. Forcing us to retexture will encourage creaters to make not only realistic skins for the sims, but also realistic versions of the actual game content, which we can then colour in game.
    smb3master

smb3master

I love the look of the sims in Sims 4, but I hope CC creators make better hair, it looks like plastic to me.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Sugar Rave

Sugar Rave

I like the overall art style for the game, the toony/painted look, but I don't like the balance of toony vs the anatomical detail in their eyes. Although they do seem more expressive in the renders/screenshots that are being posted as of late, so as long as they're not blank faced in game like in TS3, I suppose I'm alright with it
    TriniSimmer

TriniSimmer

Oh yes, definitely the cartoony look.... I love it
    lildemongames

lildemongames

Origin ID:
    lildemongames
    Is it a bad thing that I like the more cartoon type style of myself I made here youtu.be/1lzQdsx_3o0 versus real life me? I mean it looks exactly the same, but the the stylized look just looks better, ya know?
    Victoria Song

Victoria Song

To be truly honest, after TS3 I sort of expected the sims to look even more realistic in this new one. But when I saw the first screenshot of TS4 and found out later these sims would be more cartoonish, I was disappointed. As time went by the cartoon look grew on me.
    Ayemee

Ayemee

Origin ID:
    Ayemee
    I really like the new cartoon style. When I zoom in close to their faces though, I do think some aspects look a lot more realistic than TS3. For example dark stubble and freckles.
    • Agree Agree x 2