1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

EXEC File when downloading Custom Content

Discussion in 'Technical Support & Bug Reports' started by KatieAmelia, May 16, 2016.

KatieAmelia

KatieAmelia

Origin ID:
    karichardson94
    Hello! So when I download custom content some pop up in my download folder as a package file or a zip file. When its a package file I know its going to work in my game since it has the icon that looks like a white piece of paper and it says .package.
    But when its a zip file it shows up in my downloads folder as a folder and when I open that folder the files of the custom content says .package but the icon above it is a black square with "EXEC" written in green on the top left corner of the icon. I have notice sometimes these files don't show up in the game.
    If I download content is it normal to have the black box with "EXEC" or do I need a software to fix that.
    And if I download a zip file when I get custom content should I unzip or keep the file zipped? Because when I download it it unzips it should I compress it back to a zip file?
    IDK I just don't know what a "EXEC" file is and I hate seeing them when I download custom content because I feel like it doesn't work.
    THE EXEC files show up a lot when I download custom Sims.

I also have a Macbook Pro laptop

I uploaded some files of some pictures for you to take a look.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Gazz

Gazz If it move don't kill it just freeze it

The link below is the program its 100% free to download 1st link is the site i got the info from -->
    http://www.wikihow.com/Open-Exe-Files-on-Mac
    And this link is for the wine program --> http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/ Not the wine you drink :p

EXE files are executable files designed to be opened in Microsoft Windows. If you need to open this file on a Mac, you have several options you can try. You can use Wine, which is a Windows emulator. This will create a wrapper that may allow you to run the EXE file like a Mac app. You can install Windows in a virtual machine. This will allow you to open the EXE file in the virtual Windows, but you may suffer performance problems. Finally, you can use Boot Camp to install Windows alongside OS X, allowing you to boot from it and run EXE files natively.

Use this method to run Windows applications in OS X. Wine is an emulator program that creates a "wrapper" for Windows programs, allowing them to operate on your Mac. The wrapper contains the essential Windows files that the program needs to operate. You may need to tweak the wrapper to get specific programs working, and some programs will simply not work at all. Still, there's a good chance that you can get at least some of your Windows apps working this way.

Hope this works for you :)
    KatieAmelia

KatieAmelia

Origin ID:
    karichardson94
    Yeah it still isn't working. When I use the wine bottler and try to select the EXEC files in my mods folder it wont let me select it.

And this is the program I use right? Or am I using it wrong

Attached Files:

Gazz

Gazz If it move don't kill it just freeze it

I'v never used this program am not a Mac user so couldn't say your using it right. There will be other mac users that are members to Sims4forms but i wont give up in trying to help you :)
    RandomNessa

RandomNessa

Origin ID:
    Nessaki14
    Hello,

I'm having the exact same issue! I've been researching and reading online but nothing really seems to help. The wine bottler program does not work and I am feeling desperate since the game won't launch with exec files in the mods folder.

Were you able to fix or figure this issue out? I saw a YouTube video of a girl moving exec files onto her mods folder and stating that her game works just fine but never really showed the launching of the game.

Any help is greatly appreciated!