1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Game takes hours to load

Discussion in 'Technical Problems' started by Luners, May 9, 2013.

SweetBlackSakura

SweetBlackSakura

That's kind of strange o_0 Have you tried deleting your WorldCaches and DCBackup folders along with the Cache.package files? That might ease up the loading time a little.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I do, there is literally no difference.
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

Then the problem is the game itself... That's what I call being able to run in old machines --,
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    They just need to rework their coding in how things are run in TS4.
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

Hope they do... My lil' sister's PC won't be able to run it if it comes out like TS3... Had to change every part of that 10 year old machine --,
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    So I was reading a thread on another site and lagging could be caused by unorganized custom content folders. Being that the game is loading all the items in that one folder all at once. However it's also bad to have too many folders. This link helped me organize my content and it helped my game out a lot.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Organizing_Custom_Content
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

O_O That's really a HUGE help... I'm on my desktop right now, and I have really a LOT of cc here, forgot how much it took to load -.-

Nice one plumdrop! :D
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Yeah no problem :D
    Joey0602

Joey0602 New Member

I had the same problem with my laptop, before it broke. The strange thing was that i only bought it in 2010 so it should have handled the game just fine, but I guess everyone has had that problem with the sims 3 after having some ep's installed. Only hoping that the sims 4 won't have as much bugs and lags as the sims 3.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Me too, it's possible I don't have any problems with any other of my games with high graphics.
    TheTom69

TheTom69

From what i understand Luners, It could either be down to your installed mods or your systems Ram, Processor and GPU.
    Try Disabling all of your mods and running the game purely with the Sims content and see if it is still laggy. If there is no improvement then I would guess that either your gpu cant handle the new content, or having so many mods or expansions is eating up all of your Ram.

Hope this helped man
    Aimee

Aimee New Member

I use mods called Overwatch and MasterController, i also delete all the rubbish in my DCbackup folder apart from ccmerged.package which is usually at the bottom, and
    i also delete right at the bottom of the sims 3 folder CASPartCache.package, compositorCache.Package, scriptCache.package and the SimCompositorCache.package before going in game :)
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Same here, but I always google what I'm deleting first to make sure it isn't important.
    Aimee

Aimee New Member

I did that too, you just have too don't you? LOL :p i'm forever deleting things and breaking things lol
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Story of my life I swear, and always with sims too.
    Aimee

Aimee New Member

Haha love it lol typical :p
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I've learned to just google everything, however I need to keep reminding myself to make backups, but almost never do.