1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

LOCKED DOORS & HALF WALLS COMING TODAY!!! YAY!!!

Discussion in 'Sims 4 Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs' started by Tanena, Jul 9, 2015.

Tanena

Tanena

The Sims™ News
    Locked Doors and Half Walls Are Now Available in a Free Update!
    July 9 by SimGuruDaniel Comment
    Lock that Door
    Want to keep customers out of the back room of your Sim’s retail store? Want to lock the door to your Sim’s room so they can crank up the music and have a dance party for one? Want gender-specific changing rooms in your gym? Boot up The Sims 4 and you’ll be able to download an Update to the game that’ll let you do just that! Locked doors are coming to The Sims 4, and they’re going to be free* for everyone who downloads the Update. They’ll be joined by half walls, which will let you divide areas while still keeping them open and modern.

First, let’s talk about locked doors. After the release of The Sims 4 Get to Work* we heard the calls for employee-only rooms loud and clear, so we made sure to include that option. There are also more standard locks, like the ability to lock a door so only your Sim can get in, or being able to lock it for a household. If you’re tired of random Sims walking into your Sim’s room and taking a nap on their bed at 2:00AM, you’ll be able to prevent that with door locks. We’ve also added new gender-specific doors to the catalog, which open up some cool possibilities for improvements to some of the Venues in the game.

Half walls were exciting to work on, too. Most of the time, we’ve seen players asking for them to put around their counters, so we absolutely included a size that works for that. But we also wanted to allow for more creativity, so we added four additional sizes, bringing the total number of half wall sizes to five.

The three medium heights give you a range of options for living room dividers, borders for stoves and counters, or eye-level spots to hold fancy decorations. They’re also a handy place to put your drink! We also added a low (1-1/2’ height) wall that works great as an architectural border piece, as well as a tall wall that can be used to make enclosed spaces within rooms, especially when using taller full-height walls. Half walls are super easy to place, too – if you’ve ever put a fence down in The Sims 4, you already know how to build a half wall.

The Update is now available, so get ready to start building half walls and locking doors – and don’t forget to share your new creations on The Gallery when you do!

Looking for some building tips? Check out some Basement Building Tips and advice on Creating a Perfect Pool.

Stay in the conversation! Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, Like us on Facebook, and Subscribe to our YouTube channel.

*INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED.

*REQUIRES THE SIMS 4 GAME (SOLD SEPARATELY) AND ALL GAME UPDATES TO PLAY.
    • Like Like x 1
    Tanena

Tanena

The lock doors are great ...Im tired of people coming in my house when I didnt invite them lol....plus I can now lock the store when we are closed ...and cant wait for the half walls this gonna be great
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    finally no more locked door mods.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Aymen

Aymen

Origin ID:
    aggoun_aymen
    Thats cool
    I missed the locking option for doors, and I know a mod was before that, but it was just a mod but now it is an official content, and for half doors its gonna be awsome between living room and the kitchen
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1