1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Need a stronger CAPTCHA system for S4F.

Discussion in 'Support,Suggestions & Feedback' started by Korvaz, Sep 8, 2014.

Korvaz

Korvaz

I've been seeing a lot of spam bots lately trying to sell us their latest Nike Air Max's with the Louis Vuitton print and glasses, with links that aren't actually legit links but phishing content.

That being said, I wanna suggest getting a stronger CAPTCHA system for the forum. I know a solid system that's both simple for people to solve and difficult for spam bots to complete, it's called KeyCAPTCHA. It changes human verification from letters to a puzzle picture. Takes a random picture and breaks it down into 3-4 pieces with a referring picture for those that need help solving it on a rare occasion.

Been using KeyCAPTCHA for my unrelated forum community for about 2 years and haven't had a single bot appear ever since I put it up.

Here's the link to the Xenforo version of KeyCAPTCHA: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/keycaptcha-interactive-captcha.987/
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
    Sims4Forum

Sims4Forum The Boss Site Owner

we used keycaptcha and just about every other anti-spam human verification tool but they were still getting through. They are using humans to get past these verification tools... so it damned near impossible to stop them.

The best thing everyone can do, is click the report button... and me or Gigi will ensure the spammers post is removed and that they are banned.
    • Like Like x 1