1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

NEW FOUND INFORMATION ON THE SIMS 4

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Issabella, Jun 13, 2013.

Issabella

Issabella

Check this out - so what do you think -
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcIdKqvMD00

I personally dont know what to think :huh:
    Joey0602

Joey0602 New Member

I guess even if it were true, ea would tone it down with the multiplayer intigration or maybe scrap some ideas because of the bad reaction simcity got. One quite strange thing i noticed was how they didnt really announce anything but had to mention that it was a full "offline experience" lol. :p but anyways, i would like to play with some friends too, from time to time. So... Well I guess we have to wait and see what they will do with it :3 :p
    Sugapac65

Sugapac65

With Simcity 5 plp were concerned with other players coming into your game and causing havoc. I would have the same concerns with that in TS4. I wouldn't want someone to join my game and muck up all my hard work. I think if it is limited like with TS3's Showtime, it would be okay. Maybe Simport was the beta for Sims 4 multi-player? Am I reaching? lol
    • Agree Agree x 1
    CMejuto

CMejuto New Member

Well, if everything that that video said was true, for me the sims 4 would be awesome.
    • Like Like x 1
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Oh wow. Props to you! Good find!

And I would so go with that...the offline and the online version. I been a player since the very beginning and even though I do enjoy MY own world and MY choices, etc. I do wan to play with some of my friends in live time. It would be nice to control a household or even a world together. I would get both versions if I had to and it would be nice if they can somehow have integration like we can have the same worlds.

But yeah maybe EA would have it in which we will have to invite people to our world like in Simcity, we can make a world public or to certain invited friends only. Then other players cannot take control of our created households and killing off our sims while we are gone unless we abandon our household.
    • Like Like x 2
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I don't believe it, those are not mock ups or whatever but screen shots from mobile apps, TS3 and TS2 (I know because I've played them). However I would like it if there was an online offline option.
    CMejuto

CMejuto New Member

I would like to have the option to play online or offline, and that I could turn it on whenever I pleased.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Same here.
    doglover

doglover New Member

This makes sense and may be true, but if it is, I don't know if I like it or not...
    Issabella

Issabella

It would also be great if we could lan multiplayer with the sims 4. That would absolutely be fabulous. :)
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    That's kind of what the video suggested.
    Issabella

Issabella

I know what the video suggests. Off line, (with no internet connection), LAN multiplayer where friends get together and host a lan party.
    coffeeteame

coffeeteame New Member

This would be fantastic and really the best way to go about things. I think it would really appeal to everyone because it provides the options to play on your own and offline, or with friends.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Hm not so sure if I would want that if I'm understanding correctly, one computer and two players at the same time? Or am I not understanding?
    TheTom69

TheTom69

No you misunderstand. LAN stands for Local Area Network which means that people on different computers in the same house can play together as long as they are connected to the same Internet modem or router.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Oh okay so like if my brother downstairs wanted to play sims and I did too on my computer we could play at the same time together. I think I would like that, you could play together with laptops. However I think it would also work if you could play over the internet with anybody.
    TheTom69

TheTom69

Yeah that's right, and you both could play with other people online as well. But the benefit of LAN is that you're both running on the same network so there would be no connection lag
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    That's really convenient, I think I played with LAN before on some shooter game we had to sit opposing each other so we didn't see the other's screen it was pretty fun.
    TheTom69

TheTom69

Haha yeah It's possible you were playing by LAN, but it may have also been a 'System Link' When you connect the 2 consoles together with an ethernet cable. Fun times doing this on PS1 playing Doom :)
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    No, I don't think we were connected by a wire.