1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

People modifying your demo sims.

Discussion in 'CaS & Creations Sharing' started by 3shackles, Aug 8, 2014.

3shackles

3shackles

Okay, so since I got the demo I've been making Walking Dead and Teen wolf sims, and I've gotten around 50 or so downloads for both households and numorous favorites on my singular sims. I'm really proud of it, and I've worked hard trying to make the sims look like their actors.
    But just today, I had someone install my household and modify it just a little, only to repost it on the gallery at the very top.
    It's not a huge deal or anything, but I'm seriously really proud of what I've done on the gallery, and I would (as a personal preference) like to have the option to keep people from posting modifications of my own sims on the gallery. Like it doesn't bother me if they just modify it for themselves, but it sort of makes me uncomfortable that people scrolling on the tag will see my sims under that person's name before they even reach mine, y'know?

Anyways, do any of you know the thread to make suggestions to the gurus about gallery changes?
    Dawnbreak

Dawnbreak

Origin ID:
    DawnbreakEdge
    The official forums are under maintenance right now and it'll be a while. :/

That will bother me though....
    Hip_Rose

Hip_Rose

Origin ID:
    TheSavageNymph
    I think this is going to be a risk from now on. There's no way to stop people from altering our sims once the download them to their gallery.
    Dawnbreak

Dawnbreak

Origin ID:
    DawnbreakEdge
    Isn't that stealing, sort of?
    Lokisimsies

Lokisimsies

Didn't I see posts about this somewhere? Somebody asking how to stop people from reloading their Sims?

THIS is the reason why I haven't shared my builds and now I'm kind of nervous. I put so much effort and time into them, it would crush me to see somebody stealing them.
    Jessa

Jessa

That's a good point.. Yikes.

However, is this really any different than any of the sites people upload to now with Sims 2/3? I mean, I guess the gallery is right there for everyone to see, but you could go on any Sims site, download a sim, and re-upload as your own.

I wonder if they could put an "Original Creator" section and link for each sim/household?
    • Like Like x 1
    Hip_Rose

Hip_Rose

Origin ID:
    TheSavageNymph
    Don't upload them if don't want them to be modified. I think in the end it's not that serious, although it can be a bit stressing and hurtful. But you'll always have your original sim in the library.
    ebuchala

ebuchala

Origin ID:
    ebuchala
    Well, in one sense, I think it's an improvement over the Exchange. From what I understand, in the Exchange someone could upload something without crediting the original creator. At least this way, if they download your sim or lot and alter it, when it uploads it will have the original creator listed and then "modified by."

With that said, you could try tweeting Graham to see if you can get that suggestion to them. Otherwise, I'd say post it on the official forums when they're up and cross your fingers it gets seen.
    Dawnbreak

Dawnbreak

Origin ID:
    DawnbreakEdge
    It's great that people can download your stuff, however their should be a feature that prevents people from uploading what they've downloaded.
    Dawnbreak

Dawnbreak

Origin ID:
    DawnbreakEdge
    I tweeted Graham, doubt he'll respond though....
    • Like Like x 2
    AlazarRazr

AlazarRazr

Origin ID:
    AlazarRazr
    When someone downloads your creation, edits it, and then reuploads it, your name will always show up first where it shows the creator. So it should say something like "you, bobsmithsimmer" you being, well you then bobsmithsimmer as the modifier.
    • Like Like x 1
    Dawnbreak

Dawnbreak

Origin ID:
    DawnbreakEdge
    Oh that's cool. Wish I would've known that before tweeting Graham... lol
    • Like Like x 1
    Lokisimsies

Lokisimsies

Oh, I didn't know that!

So if somebody were to download my build and then reload it, it will say created by me? Or can they strip it of that and pretend like they made it? I don't care if they modify it and reload it. I just want to make sure it still says it was originally mine. I would never do it, I would never reload something somebody else made but as long as the original creator is still listed? I'm fine with that.
    Hip_Rose

Hip_Rose

Origin ID:
    TheSavageNymph
    Ah now I get it! I really didn't understand why that appeared next to the creator.
    • Like Like x 1
    Korvaz

Korvaz

There's a workaround that I had discovered, which I'm hoping Maxis will patch.. somehow, someway?

You basically create a new household, merge that downloaded sim into your newly created household, delete the randomly-generated sim, Save Household. No more "original creator", meaning you sort of took credit for that sim.

I haven't done this to anyone's sims on the gallery and I don't ever plan to because I personally feel it's wrong to do. I surely wouldn't like someone doing it to me.
    AlazarRazr

AlazarRazr

Origin ID:
    AlazarRazr
    Oh that's sleezy!!! I'm sure some people will do that.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Hip_Rose

Hip_Rose

Origin ID:
    TheSavageNymph
    If they are not doing it already.
    Korvaz

Korvaz

I'm certain as well, that's why I'm not uploading any of my sims onto the Gallery until it gets some more work done preventing these kind of players from hurting others' work and pride.
    ebuchala

ebuchala

Origin ID:
    ebuchala
    Yes, it will automatically list you as the creator. I do believe there's a loophole, though. I think if they parse the individual sims out, for instance, or if they put the sim into their library, then modify and save it again that it *might* strip off the original creator's name? I'm not totally sure, though, I just remember doing something once with a save file that made me think it would be possible. If someone has the CAS demo and would like to test something like that out, let me know and I'd be happy to run a test with them.

Oh, I got ninja'd by Korvaz!:ninja:
    Lokisimsies

Lokisimsies

@ebuchala - it's not Sims, it's builds. I stink at making Sims, I just do pre-made pieces and put them all together.

I wonder if people could do a work around with builds? I will wait a couple of weeks before sharing my builds to see if any stealing is going on.