1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Possible causes for freezing during a save?

Discussion in 'Technical Support & Bug Reports' started by Hollzbananza, Sep 13, 2014.

Hollzbananza

Hollzbananza

Origin ID:
    Hollzinana
    Just tried saving my game and noticed it was taking a while, which is when I realised that the game had frozen and was 'not responding'.
    Haven't had this issue before and wasn't running any other program on my computer except the usual basic things running in the background. Any idea why? Annoying as I hadn't saved in a bit (silly me).
    Meline

Meline Dutchie

Origin ID:
    meline134
    I believe that the longer you take between saves, the longer it will take.
    I honestly have no idea why your game froze, but it might be a good idea to make a habit out of saving every one-two sim days :)
    Hollzbananza

Hollzbananza

Origin ID:
    Hollzinana
    Yeah, started doing that. It was the only time it had frozen on me until just now.. I just moved in to a new house in a new town and was putting in some furniture. Clicked on a bench I placed, to move it, and it said 'object not found' or something and then froze again.
    Meline

Meline Dutchie

Origin ID:
    meline134
    I had a problem with my game a few days ago where it would randomly stop responding and would shut down automatically because of it. I had to delete some of the CC I downloaded earlier that day because it was making the family I was trying to play unplayable.
    Have you downloaded/added any new mods lately?
    Tanena

Tanena

Save ...Save ...Save ever since Sims 3 I have learned to save the hard way...nothing worst than getting your sim at a new level for it to crash...or to be almost finished with a build to have it crash...Yep lesson learned I actually save on each day change in Sims 4 "I haven't crashed" but not taking any chances
    Meline

Meline Dutchie

Origin ID:
    meline134
    I am the same, Tanena!
    I've not had many crashes with the Sims 4 (none if you're not counting the crash caused by the CC), but old habits die hard! My Sims 3 game was very laggy so I taught myself to save at least every other sim day. Saved me A LOT of frustration!
    • Like Like x 1
    Hollzbananza

Hollzbananza

Origin ID:
    Hollzinana
    Haven't downloaded anything for The Sims 4 at all.. but am starting to save every 1/2 sim days just in case :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    SaphyreDaze

SaphyreDaze

Origin ID:
    TheLadySasha
    The only CC i have is the one that gets rid of mosaic and I'm having the same freezing when saving issue. And sometimes it just flat out freezes for no reason. My computer is well beyond minimum requirements too. It's so frustrating I don't know what to do!