1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Sims 4 - How to change a Sims Name / Household Name

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Alourra, Sep 2, 2014.

Alourra

Alourra

I was having two of my sims get married but the wife's name did not change afterwards (which was something I wanted, because she had her first husband's last name). After much hunting around

Here's how it's done:
    Press Ctrl-Shift-C

Type in: testingcheats true

Click on your Sim and choose "Modify in CAS"

This takes you to CAS, where you can change the name.

You can change the household name by going to Manage World. There's no cheat involved in this one. Just choose the family and change the household name.
    • Like Like x 1
    Jeriel

Jeriel

I'm not sure how this works... I enabled testingcheats, went into CAS to modify my husband sim's last name, and it says I can't modify pre-existing sims. It's like that even with the wife, who I made custom! Do you have any more details I'm missing?
    CaptainMauzer

CaptainMauzer

It's things like this that just confuse me. Why would you NOT be given the option to alter the last name during marriage? The real kicker is, it lets you type in whatever last name you want when a new baby is born :wtf2:? Slight oversight there, Maxis?...because it's not like they didn't just leave the concept out altogether.
    • Agree Agree x 2