1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Sims 4 Specs / Minimum Requirements PC ?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by MamaLambNC, Jun 11, 2014.

MamaLambNC

MamaLambNC

Has there been any mention of (anywhere) about the specs for Sims 4? I know they were saying that it was going to be for lower end computers but so far, that's all I've seen. Anyone else?
    Sims4Forum

Sims4Forum The Boss Site Owner

I think that's why they went for the art style they did. It's not too detailed/realistic meaning they can get away with running it on lower end computers.

Here's some comparitive specs/requirements you can expect if you want to run the Sims 4:

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
    PROCESSOR:
    AMD ATHLON 64 X2 DUAL-CORE 4000+ OR BETTER OR INTEL CORE 2 DUO PROCESSOR 2.0GHZ OR BETTER
    OPERATING SYSTEM: WINDOWS XP/VISTA/7/8
    RAM: 2GB RAM
    GRAPHICS CARD:
    • ATI RADEON HD 2X00 OR BETTER*
    • NVIDIA 7800 OR BETTER*
    • INTEL HD GRAPHICS OR BETTER*
    BROADBAND INTERNET:MINIMUM 256 KBPS DOWNLOAD, 64 KBPS UPLOAD

RECOMMENDED SPECS
    PROCESSOR:
    INTEL CORE I5 OR FASTER
    OPERATING SYSTEM: WINDOWS 7
    RAM: 4GB RAM
    GRAPHCIS CARD: NVIDIA GTX 275 OR BETTER OR ATI 5850 OR BETTER
    BROADBAND INTERNET:---
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    MamaLambNC

MamaLambNC

Thank you soda...not that i'm going to be able to buy a new computer. this was just to see if my computer will hold it...LOL!!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    The real test will come in September.
    • Like Like x 3
    Rachel

Rachel

Origin ID:
    PurplePenguin01
    Darn, i'm ok for everything else but i have an intel cor i3 :/
    Hopfully...shall be different :oops:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ArissaJ

ArissaJ

I think I will definitely be good I just bought a brand new window 8 hp this past Christmas. I am definitely going to get rid of my Sims 3 expansions at first though.
    Queen

Queen

Origin ID:
    PuReAnGeL
    Me too!
    Vettlune

Vettlune God

I've worked too hard n my sims in TS3 to just uninstall them! Chances are I probably won't go back to them anytime sooner if I like TS4 but still there's those what ifs :--(

MY SEXY HP ENVY WILL PROBABLY HANDLE THIS SO IM CONFIDENT YO.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Queen

Queen

Origin ID:
    PuReAnGeL
    I remembered I had Sims 1 until Sims 2 came. I wiped everything off on Sims 1 and now Sims 3... I wiped off everything on Sims 2. Now here I go again for the 3rd time... Sims 3 will be wiping soon! lol
    Biotic_Warlock

Biotic_Warlock Яeversed

I recall seeing Blunote on the EA forums telling people to "save up", which slightly frightens me because I really will need to save up to get a new laptop. :eek:
    • Like Like x 1
    Sugar Rave

Sugar Rave

I'm running an i7 processor with 8 Gigs of ram (theoretically more than the game will even be able to use but enough to keep the OS from competing with it at the same time) but the only thing that's got me worried is my graphics card. Supposedly the Nvidia GT440 is on the 'low' end of the supported cards in TS3 :/
    madchemist2014

madchemist2014

people, the real specs aren't out yet, the only thing we know is that it's 32 bit, so that means that the maximum of RAM it's going to need is 4 gigs, that's all we know
    karim

karim

The Sims 4 System Requirements officiel
    OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8 or Windows 8.1
    CPU: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000 + or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
    MEMORY: At least 2 GB of RAM
    HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of available disk space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games.
    DVD-ROM: CD / DVD-ROM drive required for installation only
    GRAPHICS CARD: 128 MB of video RAM and compatibility with Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported video cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better.
    SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c compatible
    DirectX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
    http://www.ganewo.com/the-sims-4-system-requirements.html
    • Like Like x 1
    UberLisa

UberLisa

I had one of my last copies of Sims 2 running on a computer that was just barely up to standards. I later installed Sims 3 on it, and it lagged quite a bit...but played it just the same. I later upgraded and found one that would play 3 perfectly...then later installed all my copies of Sims 3 on my hubby's desktop, that has 4G of memory and used to have a really good video card. Now we're stuck with just the internal one...but hopefully I'll be able to afford another VC by the time I can swing the cost of TS4 game.
    IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl

The way I look at TS4 I get the feeling that it will be able to run on a bunch of low-end machines, however, better performance and graphics will come at the cost of a much higher gap than usual.

TIP:
    If you're going to build a machine with the intent of playing TS4, at least keep in mind that this is a "growing" game AND moddable. As is typical of these series, its going to get a ton of expansions, and that means a bigger performance hit. If your idea is to have a decent amount of graphic quality, as well as performance, try to build something a little stronger than just your basic standards.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    SuperZino

SuperZino

Do you think that if my pc could handle The Sims 3 and all expansions (except for one) at pretty much the highest settings (except for a few), my pc could manage The Sims 4 and future expansions with good performance?
    IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl

All I can give you at this point is purely speculation from my part.
    To simplify things, I'm going to assume you're running no mods whatsoever, and if it is as you say - that you're running the game with almost every expansion, nearly all options on max, and a good constant FPS, then I'd say you're going to be fine. I'm also counting on EAxis being truthful when they say that TS4 will run better than TS3 ever did, in general.

However, there are cases of people with excellent machines that still have issues running TS3, just like there are those with weaker PCs who run the game with few hiccups. Every PC is its own thing so its hard to give an accurate description that befits everyone.
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    SuperZino

SuperZino

I understand. :) Thank you! :) I'm just always stressing because I'd hate to find out my pc is going to have problems running the game after I've bought it.
    UberLisa

UberLisa

I sure hope so. I've always had so many issues running TS3 on any of my current or past computers/laptops.
    SleepyD2k

SleepyD2k

Origin ID:
    CanelaCaliente/SweetieTreats
    Your last statement is incorrect as far as PCs go. With Macs, I am unsure. All games have a point where you can max them out. The reason excellent machines have issues with running The Sims 3 is 99% of the time related to software rather than hardware.

For example, with The Sims 3, it is designed to use 4 GB RAM DDR2 at most. A person who is playing The Sims 3 on a computer with 8 GB DDR3 will only have slightly better performance because The Sims 3 maxes out at 4 GB. What the extra GB will do is allow for extra multi-tasking in the background but again, it wouldn't impact the game much. The same would be true for a high end dual core vs a hexa core. The game only uses 2 core at the most so having a hexa core will give slightly better performance and the only reason to get something like a hexa core would be if you were planning to do a bunch of background apps while running the game. Basically, you can upgrade your computer but if you already hit the maximum the computer will handle, you will see such a little performance increase that if you upgrade it, it won't be worth it.