1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Storybook EP

Discussion in 'Sims 4 Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs' started by disneygirl, May 30, 2014.

Queen

Queen

Origin ID:
    PuReAnGeL
    Many people love fantasies, many people love fairy tales or Barbie-que style, etc...
    I personally would use makin' magic sometime for plants, being young again, money, luck, education, etc... maybe revive from the death. I mostly play something normal with a huge/small house, a relationships, making friends, vacation, social, to start a family or a single with a highest career, etc... That's what I enjoy the most.
    • Like Like x 1
    ArissaJ

ArissaJ

Dude sims medieval is already a story book type game if you hadn't noticed for real. So there is literally no point in making that an EP.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ArissaJ

ArissaJ

Especially with the new world system. I would not want people from the fantasy world like princes and stuff traveling to my current world and vice versa. Maybe that would've been alright for Sims 3 since the worlds were separate. But not Sims 4.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    disneygirl

disneygirl

SIMS MEDVIAL WAS NEVER A STORYBOOK game. It was a god-dam peice of RPG Shit. In THIS EP you could still have magic but tell YOUR OWN fairytale. You could have a sleeping handmsome or a male cinderella, or a Princess Toad. And also with the EP you would be able to still have GENERATIONS. Something you couldn't have with Sims Medieval

How about this..a small old-fashioned town but you're sim is new in town and a kid in town (a girl let's say) is convinced to say that everyone in town is a storybook character and you can choose wether or not to break the curse or wait for the real Savior to break the curse. After the curse is broken- you can use different methods of traveling (a hat maybe? A hole in the ground? a warobe) to go to Story-book lands (Medieval kind of land, Never, Never land, Oz kind of land) and you can get to fellow them to the other lands and after the lands are 'unlocked you can 'live there'.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    ArissaJ

ArissaJ

you are taking this entirely too serious. If they do use the idea which i highly doubt they will, its not like they are going to pay you for it. So calm down. Geesh.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Sims4Forum

Sims4Forum The Boss Site Owner

Sims 4 drama... lord. Disneygirl, I don't play alot of sims 3 or sims in general... at least I haven't for a while. So all this talk of stuff packs is kind of new to me. The last game I got into was The sims 1 and Sims 2 base edition back in the day.

But I think disneygirls idea is pretty neat. An expansion in which you can create your own wacky fairytale like world. As she says, new interactions/animations. Making the impossible possible.

Cloud houses? Giant Beanstalks? Talking Animals?... tons could be done and as she says to get the most out of it, it deserves its own expansion. Rather than just a few new items and whatnot in a stuffpack.

People can recreate their own favorite fairytales/stories. Loosely based around disney like ones.

It's a solid idea for an expansion in my eyes, i've not read EVERYONEs posts, and not read the original post fully yet, but those are just my opinions.

Keep up the ideas disneygirl :) speculation, what ifs, new ideas are what the site needs! But try and keep a cool head though if someone disagrees with you ;) as frustrating as it can be if someone doesn't fully understand or agree with your point, arguing or being aggressive wont solve things.
    Agree to disagree with them works for me usually :)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    disneygirl

disneygirl

oh and the magic mirror could come in two different sises. The one that because of Disney we view as 'traditional', a full-length one, or a hand mirror like Disney's Beast had. (except this magic mirror would have a simlish version of a soul in it.)
    Amber

Amber

Origin ID:
    ForgottenAmber
    Very interesting ideas! I will keep my eye on this thread! ;)
    IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl

When making an EP you have to take into consideration what kind of audience you're aiming with it. The Sims are a series made for teens and older people, therefore I find it odd that they would add something that is fitting for little kids, which is basically what Disney stuff is for. In other words, I just feel like this EP is too immature for the audience the game was conceived for.

No offence if you're older and you like Disney (which I assume you do, given your name).
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    disneygirl

disneygirl

You do realize that once upon a time fairy tales were for everyone? Not just for little kids. Same goes for Disney's movies. They're for the children in all of us. Also you do realize that in Snow White and the 7 dwarves story that she was 7 years old with the apple business or the fact she 'matured' when she was 'dead'? Some people believe that the Sleeping Beauty story has to do about a woman's first you-know-what which means she's capable of bearing children. Heck even OUAT (Once Upon a Time)-which is where the magic hat and the magic bean being portals to another world comes from-is dark for Disney standards. So don't tell me Disney is *just* for little kids. Beside this is more then just Disney 'fluff'. It's called storybook EP since you can have a Dracula and a Frankenstein sims too. Disney hasn't done anything about this stories. I will repeat myself Disney doesn't own *anything* about fairy tales except for in Belle, Ariel, Jasmine, Tiana's cases there names and their gowns/outfits (as well as Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, and Rapunzel's outfits) or the names of Grumpy, Doc, Happy, Sleepy, Bashful, Sneezey and Dopey or the name of the servants in the Beast's castle (Lumière, Cogsworth, Mrs.Potts. and Chip) or in Pinocchio's case, The Blue Fairy (in the book of the same name the fairy was called "Fairy with Turquoise Hair" Everything else is in public domain-Aurora is from Aurore the daughter of Charles Perrault's Sleeping Beauty, and Brier Rose comes from the Grimm Brothers's Brier Rose. You kind of have to call Snow White, Snow White-it's her name because her mom wished for a 'child as white as snow and hair as black as ebony (or a raven's wing) and reps as red as a rose'. Cinderella kind of has to have that name because of the fact she gets it from cleaning the fireplace.

Also another thing-I notice that Making Magic EP and the Supernatural were two big EPs sellers behind Pets and Seasons. And there been hints to storybook stories the entire series. For instance Makin' Magic "Hole-the Ground"-wonderland's rabbit hole anyone? Not to mention the holes in the ground from the Sims 3 Ambitions workstation. If you upgrade the wardrobe for Sims 3 Supernatural you're get to travel to a rabbit hole world-Narnia anyone? then there are the fact fairies can give gifts-Sleeping Beauty anyone? Or the Diamond and Toads story? or the fact when the fairy sim or a mortal sim with a brief period of time flying there's the "I Can Fly" moodlet-which totally comes from Peter Pan. Both Sims 1 and Sims 3 your witch could turn another sim into a frog (only difference being Sims 1 witches could turn the whole sim into a frog unlike just the head for Sims 3). Then there's the moodlet for when the IF turns into a 'real sim'. "I'm a real boy/girl"-sounds identical to Pinocchio saying that he's a 'real boy'. Or what about that wheel that could turn straw into magic coins? Sounds like its from Rumpelstiltskin to me.

Also I can list a number of Different Cinderella movies including Disney's 2 (the 1950 animated one and the upcoming live-action one): Cinderella movies -1899, 1914 (Mary Pickford), 1947, Disney's animated 1950, Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella (1957) with Julie Andrews (it was re-done twice afterwards one first time in 1965 and the last time was in 1997 with Whitney Houston as the Godmother), 1977, and 1994. For Snow White movies 1902, 1916, 1933, Disney's 1937, 1955, 1962, 1987, 1995, 2001, and of course the two movies that came out in 2012. Sleeping Beauty and the "Frog Prince" Or "Princess and the Frog" are exceptions it seems. Pinocchio has a ton of movies the earliest being Disney's in the 1940. That doesn't count the TV show that was on in the 1980s which had some famous actors playing characters in the TV show. Ironically some of those actors will go on to play parts in Disney stuff. For instance Robin Williams plays the Frog Prince in the story of the same name and will go on to do the Genie (and bazzar seller) in Disney's Aladdin 1 and 3 . James Earl Jones plays the Genie in Tim Burton's version of Aladdin (not for kids) and he will go on to do Mufsa's voice in Disney's The Lion King (some people think TLK is rip-off of Kimba the White Lion a Japanese TV show), Barba Eden plays a nice kitchen maid in the story of the Nightingale and she will go on in 2012-2013 playing an elderly Cora the mother of Regina Mills, a villian of Once Upon a Time 2012-, Susan Sandron plays Beauty in a rip-off version of the 1946 Beauty and the Beast movie-she will go on in 2006 to play the part of the villain, Queen Narssia, the step-mother to the Prince. Bernadette Peters plays Sleeping Beauty against Christopher Reeves' two princes she will go on in the 1997 movie (spondered by disney) play Cinderella's step-mother.
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    Hmm Any EP Bonuses.
    Rethka786

Rethka786

Origin ID:
    Rethka786
    You really need to calm down! :)
    Queen

Queen

Origin ID:
    PuReAnGeL
    Enough, Rethka.
    • Like Like x 1
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    So Um Would this EPs occult be Fairy?
    The book thief

The book thief

Origin ID:
    thesims3andtwo
    I WANT THIS!

We need a Goddamn kingdom like the one in Brave , and some Merida curls.

AND ARCHERY.
    disneygirl

disneygirl

If there are not any legal royal family left. The legendary sword in the stone appears and whichever sim has the lightest touch, becomes King or Queen.
    • Like Like x 1
    Gazz

Gazz If it move don't kill it just freeze it

If this was a EP i would be one buying it :thumbsup: