1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

The Sims 3 Launcher and Website

Discussion in 'The Sims 3 General Discussion' started by SleepyD2k, Jul 29, 2014.

?

How long do you think it will be before EA does away with The Sims 3 launcher and website?

Poll closed Jul 29, 2015.
  1. Right after The Sims 4 is released

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Six months - a year

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. One year - two years

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Two+ years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    SleepyD2k

SleepyD2k

Origin ID:
    CanelaCaliente/SweetieTreats
    I think The Sims 3 website won't last as long as The Sims 2 website. The reason I think this is because EA is consolidating all of their games onto Thesims.com. Once The Sims 4 is released, they may the official Sims 4 forum and just change it to The Sims forum and add a small section for The Sims, The Sims 2, and The Sims 3. The store is already built into the game, they would just have to code so that the game launches from Origin and Simpoints and items can be purchased within the game without using the launcher but Origin In Game.
    IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl

I'd say it will change in the same month the game is released.
    The teams that work on the website and forums are probably different from the ones that work on the game so they had plenty of time to do it while the game was still in the making.
    • Like Like x 1
    SleepyD2k

SleepyD2k

Origin ID:
    CanelaCaliente/SweetieTreats
    Yes, they are two different teams. The Sims 3 Store team is basically gone. The website team will be moving on soon too probably while they focus on The Sims 4. They might just let EA take over the website part. The people who do EA's websites are different from the studios.
    Sugar Rave

Sugar Rave

Forums are already read only, but I don't think they'll (or I hope they won't) get rid of the store right away. If they get rid of it in the next 6 months then I'll be kinda sad, since there was still some last minute stuff I wanted to grab (although lately complete your set has been very good to me)