1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

The Sims 4 Controversy

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Dawnbreak, Aug 8, 2014.

Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    OH yeah what if pools do Return in a Vacation EP or a Seasons EP.

Rember things Change.
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    Pre-teen would Bridge the gap of Child and Teen and make the aging more Gradual.
    mariefoxprice83

mariefoxprice83

I think the issue is that many people think a new game should have everything the old games had, but expand upon it. Think about all the people who have said "weather and/or pets should be in the base game by now." Or the people who insist that we need height sliders or gradually ageing? Any of those things would be a bonus if they were possible, but I don't think we need them. Having said that, I do expect some development and improvement from base game to base game. Sims 3 had the open world, which was new, as well as gardening and fishing, which previously came from the Sims 2 Seasons EP, and I think there were other Sims 1/2 EP features that made it into the Sims 3 base game. But then again, people got upset that some features didn't make it into the Sims 3 EPs, or were store content. So I think the main issue here is that Sims 4's base game is not a big enough step forward for some people. They see the new stuff and feel like they are sacrificing content like toddlers and CAST for emotions and body shaping.

Right now I'd not mind either way if EA delayed the game for a few months, but then again, I'm not the person having to make that decision. If I did, well, I really don't know what I'd do.,
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Charlotte_mays

Charlotte_mays

Origin ID:
    ChoCoLatEPinKIE
    yes things do change I have to agree with that one. Maybe they will decide on that but when you think about it, the way this game is set up, you can tell they don't want it to be like sims 3. The sims 3 had too much in it that it made the game run slow, I remember just installling a good amount of custom content would render the game slow and I think EA is trying to lead this game away from that but cutting some things. CAST was cut because loading all of those designs took too much to load. I think adding everything that these simmers want in the game will only make the game like sims 3, slow, laggy, pretty much unplayable. So far if you run the CAS demo it runs beautifully with no mini freezes or anything which was refreshing. I can tell EA will not add everything people were making a fuss about, there are reasons behind actions done.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ebuchala

ebuchala

Origin ID:
    ebuchala
    I actually like the idea of a pre-teen, though, not at the expense of some other life stage. The more life stages there are, the more like gradual aging you've got. I think it would be great. To me a pre-teen stage could have a great mix of options between doing childish things and teen type things.
    • Like Like x 1
    Dawnbreak

Dawnbreak

Origin ID:
    DawnbreakEdge
    When people on the forums spoke of pre-teens they brought up middle school and some other stuff I can't remember.
    Charlotte_mays

Charlotte_mays

Origin ID:
    ChoCoLatEPinKIE
    but it's not just emotions and body shaping though. It's a running list of over 130+ new things added to this base game alone. I don't know about anyone else but when i got the sims 3 base game when it came out and no EP's it was so boring with all of the bland stuff and I had a problem with an under populated world, yea there were sims but you would never see them at a community lot having fun or anything. I liek that about sims 4, i think the fact that the world is so small is to nicely populate the world, I like that alot. But people have to accept that just because they want what they want in this game doesn't mean it's going to happen. Just have to wait for an EP, in which I hope seasons will be the first for a change
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    Thats why i want toddlers and Pre-teens in a EP together.
    Charlotte_mays

Charlotte_mays

Origin ID:
    ChoCoLatEPinKIE
    Hmmm that does sound interesting. and the middle school thing dawnbreak said. I know that I would actually like to see my sims all in different schooling buildings than in just one, like kindergarten, middle school, high school
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    we have to remember the EP release pattern its something new First

Sims 2 - University
    Sims 3 - World Adventures
    Charlotte_mays

Charlotte_mays

Origin ID:
    ChoCoLatEPinKIE
    Oh I actually never noticed a pattern. I just thought they did at random
    Capracorn

Capracorn

Origin ID:
    DiabolusExNihilo
    I never noticed a pattern either...
    Charlotte_mays

Charlotte_mays

Origin ID:
    ChoCoLatEPinKIE
    Rite I thought I was just the only one
    mariefoxprice83

mariefoxprice83

You're right that there would be complaints no matter what. EA is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Trouble is, some people desperately want expanded versions of the same things from old games, other people moan about that and say "I've bought that twice already, I don't want it again." And sometimes the new thing can work well, otherwise it backfires horribly. So it's a double edged sword on both counts.

For example, I am the kind of player who badly wanted Seasons and University EPs because I liked them in Sims 2, but there are other people who don't like them and wouldn't buy them on principle. But I also loved Island Paradise (bugs and lag aside) because of the new ideas it brought in such as house boats, as well as the links with a vacation EP. But I will probably never buy Into the Future because I am not into sci-fi, yet other people love that. I think IP worked well in bridging the gap between new and old. So if Sims 4 is like that it will work out, but right now I am not sure it's worth the hefty price tag and preordered only when I found it on a deal.

But I still think the marketing team isn't nearly as successful as the marketing team for Sims 3 was.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    mariefoxprice83

mariefoxprice83

Well, I was simplifying regarding the new features for the sake of convenience, but there clearly are people who feel like their favourite features are being cut to make room for something else.

I agree with you that Sims 3 base game did get dull without EPs. I played the base game alone for a while then went back to Sims 2 for over a year before switching back and getting some EPs as there were some out by that time. I think that is one of the big worries for people who have played the entire franchise. They remember what it's like to start from scratch without EPs and want more stuff in so they don't get bored until the EPs are produced.

For the record, i agree that Seasons should be EP 1 or 2 :)
    ebuchala

ebuchala

Origin ID:
    ebuchala
    Yep, I would definitely like to see a Generations type EP that includes toddler, pre-teens, additional kid and teen content like the TS3 version AND that patches toddlers and pre-teens into the base game so additional EPs can still build on them.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Charlotte_mays

Charlotte_mays

Origin ID:
    ChoCoLatEPinKIE
    Yes I whole heartedly agree and while I was reading your post a thought just struck me. Think about these few things, if EA had crammed things like seasons, universities, etc. then why would someone who had not liked those features in the first place buy the game? I was just thinking about this and then i thought about tots and pools, some like them, some don't; so maybe excluding them from the base game but later adding them was something that they thought of. Like if they put tots in a generations EP, people who don't like tots or generations wouldn't get it, a happy group there. But those who do like both or just one would get it. another happy group. Same applies for pools, some don't care for pools or seasons, so putting pools in a seasons EP, people who don't want both won't buy it but people who do will. Vise Versa. I think that's why EA excluded some things and wouldn't cram things from EP's in a base game. that theory, and the fact that would be too much to produce for the base game alone, whats the point in buying expansions if everything is in the base game anyway, so if that was the case. The sims 4 wouldn't make alot of money and would run for more than the pre-order price.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Lokisimsies

Lokisimsies

Life stages:

Toddler - does preschool type stuff and younger.
    Child - elementary school
    Pre-teen - middle school
    Teen - high school

I think the reason people want the pre-teen stage is because it is a little jarring to have your little Sim go from being a child to suddenly holding down a part-time job and learning to drive.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Featherriot

Featherriot

I would cut bros. just kidding. i think they will actually be quite funny to play. i know some guys i work with who are DIE HARD Bros before well you know..
    Charlotte_mays

Charlotte_mays

Origin ID:
    ChoCoLatEPinKIE
    YAY!!!!! Someone sees where I'm coming from with the dullness. I'm happy that's what Let's Play's are for now, if people are scared about the game being dull with no EP's, look at reviews, watch a few good let's plays from soemone popular like LifeSimmer (R.I.P Quxxn, we know you would have loved the sims 4) and then decide if it'll still be boring. From the looks of this base game and many reviews from SIMcamp, this base game is very fun packed and won't leave you bored so let's hope for that huh