1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working... CC Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Support & Bug Reports' started by Earthlingo, Apr 3, 2015.

Earthlingo

Earthlingo

Alright, so all day yesterday and today I've spent searching for and downloading tons of custom content. I checked the game periodically, and it worked fine, until a while ago my game would make it to the Maxis screen on startup and give me the message, "The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working," and forced me to close the game. On a similar thread here, I saw that the only way to fix it was to clear the Mods folder, which I did. My game is working now, but I'm completely heartbroken that all of that hard work has just gone to waste.

Is there a limit to how much custom content you can input into your game at a time? I've known people with much more CC than I who play regularly, but today my game stopped working until I cleared the entire Mods folder. Is there a certain type of file to avoid? I'm really confused and just kind of disappointed.

Yes, I was installing them properly, as when I checked periodically I went into CAS and made sims with some of the custom content I'd acquired.

Any help or tips would be appreciated. :D
    Earthlingo

Earthlingo

Nevermind, It was one individual mod messing with my game.
    Mr-DarkSami

Mr-DarkSami

I think so
    Extasyk

Extasyk

Origin ID:
    Gembird Sola
    Sugar Rave

Sugar Rave

I think it's more or less the same as previous sims games. The only "limit" is how much strain your PC can take, and in the case of CC I think they've done something to the game to change how CC is handled within the last couple of patches so alot of older stuff needs to be updated for the new system. I weeded out about 10 hairstyles (all from the same creator) and then my game worked fine with well over a gig of CC