1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

What laptop/pc will you be playing sims 4 on?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Lyla, Aug 6, 2014.

Lyla

Lyla

I'm about to buy a new laptop that I will be playing sims 4 on and am having trouble deciding what one to get.
    What do you guys use and do you have any recommendations for me? :wideyed:
    bshag4lv

bshag4lv

Hi Lyla! I'm brand new here on the forum but can answer what I have. Desktop is a 4 year old Lenovo Win 7 i7 Intel 2.8 gHz with Nvidia GForce 650 GTX graphics and 8 gb memory and runs sims 3 for 4 years just fine.

Earlier this year I bought a HP Pro Laptop with roughly the same specs as my desktop. It is much harder to find a laptop with certain specs because of the difficulty of upgrading them. Just make sure if you buy a laptop that the graphics card is a dedicated one, much better. It will have the letter "M" behind the number.

Hope I helped.:)
    Lyla

Lyla

Welcome and thanks!
    A HP pro? I like HP laptops so I'll look into a few. Most have the intel core thingy instead of the dedicated graphics card, should I avoid those ones? (sorry if I make no sense!).
    I will be buying a nice desktop pc soon but for now I just want a nice laptop that I can play it on without too much hassle. :x3:
    Ashley

Ashley

I have an ASUS k52n model...and let's just say Sims 3 nearly fried my graphics card...or at least that's what geek squad tells me. I have a few hiccups with my laptop here and there, but it is still usable and I'm still playing Sims 3 and Sims 2 on it. I just have to keep the graphic settings to a forgiving minimum. I will be playing Sims 4 with the same computer. Nothing can stop me from playing The Sims religiously! Not even a beat down laptop!
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Victoria Song

Victoria Song

I have a Sony Vaio laptop, windows 7 4GB of memory. Hopefully since I factory restored it, that TS4 will run smoothly since the system requirements need at least 2 GB of memory and at least 10 GB of hard drive...
    Victoria Song

Victoria Song

Though in the far future I will be buying a 8GB desktop because one, I need to upgrade to Windows 8 any way and two, never had my own desktop computer before....
    burntcheese223

burntcheese223

Origin ID:
    burntcheese223
    I have an IBUYPOWER desktop and I would share the specs but I keep forgetting how to do it. I am going to be buying a new gaming laptop after the holidays so I can be lazy in my room and play.
    Clumbersnort

Clumbersnort

will be running on an alienware m17xr3. have installed and run the ca demo--work great with all option set on highest settings--we'll see how it does when I run the full game...
    Barbara917

Barbara917

Origin ID:
    Barbara917
    I really cannot recommend anymore. I build my own desktops. I built my latest PC back in November. My eyes are really bad so I connect it via HDMI through my bluray sound system and throw it up on my 55" TV and the picture still isn't big enough. :D
    CaptainMauzer

CaptainMauzer

I also build my own desktops... core i7 overclocked to 4.5Ghz, Geforce 660 and 8GB of RAM

Overkill..but it's not like I built it just for TS4 :p

To the OP: Really any 2.5Ghz and up i5 or i7 will work just fine for TS4 (Preferably have 8GB of RAM). If you really want it to look nice though, get a laptop with a dedicated graphics card. A desktop will get you more bang for your buck if you aren't concerned about portability (that's a decision you'll have to make), plus you can upgrade/change parts as you need in the future.
    Lyla

Lyla

Thanks for all the advice guys. I will be getting a desktop sometime soon but don't have the room for it atm so have to wait, plus I need a laptop anyway.
    I'm thinking of getting a HP pavilion. Most of them come with a AMD A8-4555M APU and have 8GB of RAM. Is that ok? o_O
    Wish I knew what all of this stuff meant hah!
    bshag4lv

bshag4lv

Just make sure you get a laptop with the graphics card with a "m" behind the number which means its a dedicated card, which means it doesn't have to share memory with the workings of the laptop much. If you get one with Intel graphics chipset (which is built into the laptop and not really good enough for S3) you may not get to run all the eps at anything but medium or low settings of the graphics.

If you are in the US, I found my laptop at Tiger Direct at a great deal. Of course it took some hunting and researching before I found it.

Good luck!
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Arachne

Arachne

Origin ID:
    Arachne3003
    I'm just hoping I don't have to upgrade my CPU and motherboard. I'm still on a 32bit system. :(
    Lyla

Lyla

Thanks. I've picked one with a dedicated graphics card. I'll try the sims 3 out on it tomorrow and see how it runs. I bought a few expansion packs to play around with to keep me entertained till ts4. We shall see how it holds up. :D
    FieryPhoenix

FieryPhoenix

Origin ID:
    AgentTK1
    I'll be playing on my HP ProBook 4540s.
    Windows 7, Intel Core i5, 8G RAM, 64-bit OS.

However, I'll be installing the game on an external HD. :wacky:
    starglitters9909

starglitters9909

Origin ID:
    starglitters9909
    I am getting a new computer. The one I have now doesn't have enough gb. I haven't been able to play the sims 3 in a good while. I hope I can again this coming week.:celebrate:
    Simfan923

Simfan923

Origin ID:
    Simfan923
    I'm actual using my Late 2011 MacBook Pro and I'll be using Bootcamp to play my game. My MBP was upgraded to 8 GB of Ram, 2.4 Ghz and I have Intel HD graphics ( I know integrated graphics aren't ideal for gaming). I keep everything from work to leisure on my Mac side and Gaming on the Windows Patron. I didn't have enough space to install ALL of my Sims 3 EP/SPs but withe the BG, I think 3 Eps and 2 SPs plus 5 or so mods installed there is VERY little lag and I used to play all of My Sims 3 games on another desktop which required ALOT of programs to help make it run better. Only thing I use on my MBP is GameBooster which works Wonders! I do plan on getting a gaming desktop or laptop like Alienware at some point but i can run the CAS demo so much smoother on medium settings. Hopefully it'll be better when the game comes out
    UtaDagda

UtaDagda

Origin ID:
    utadagda
    I have a pretty terrible laptop for gaming ((Dell Inspiron with Integrated GFX)) I'll be using at first but I'm saving for a gaming laptop with all the fancy trappings. My computer seems to run the demo just fine though.
    Everett

Everett

Maingear F131 (Desktop)

Intel Core i5 4570 3.2GHz, 8 GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 3GB, Windows 7 64-bit, 1TB HD, Asus Xonar DGX (Sound Card)
    Jazzy6897

Jazzy6897

Origin ID:
    Jazzy6897
    I have a Compaq Presario CQ57. It's a windows 7. 64-bit. I have 2.00 GB of RAM. Can anyone tell me if I have a bad laptop and will I be able to run the Sims 4 when I get it? Because honestly I don't know much about computers. :confused:

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2014