1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

what stories are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by disneygirl, Aug 5, 2014.

disneygirl

disneygirl

I currently have two series on the go. One is called the Tapestry series which is kind of Harry Potterish but with more action. The other series is calling the Missing by Marget Peterson Haddix. It's has mystery and time travel in it and of course history. I'm on book 4 of the Tapestry: Malestorm and book 2 of The Missing: Sent
    • Like Like x 1
    UberLisa

UberLisa

I've been working on the Kinsey Millhone series by Sue Grafton. It's a mystery series about a private investigator and cases that vary by book. Her series starts with A (A is for Alibi, or something like that), and right now goes through book W. I'm currently reading book Q (Q is for Quarry)...I'd highly recommend the Stephanie Plum series to any readers that enjoy mystery series and lots of amusing quips (and plenty of cats being torched). I might have to check out the series you've mentioned, disneygirl...I'm always looking for new reads. :)

---I've added both of those series to my read list on goodreads. I enjoy YA books more often than books for adults...so I look forward to reading them pretty soon. :)
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

I just subscribed to Audible. And I along with Sodagod are reading/ listening to The Invention of Wings. It is very good!

Next, we may do Outlander so we can read the book before we watch the TV series.
    • Like Like x 1
    Lyla

Lyla

I just finished reading Memoirs of a Geisha which I really enjoyed. I have now moved onto Rising from the Ashes which is a story told by the daughter of a man who survived Hiroshima.
    I've been thinking about trying Audible out as it takes me ages to read books, then I could listen to them on my walk to work heh :bookworm:
    • Like Like x 1
    Rethka786

Rethka786

Origin ID:
    Rethka786
    I'm reading the Boy Soldier sequence. I would strongly recommend the Chaos Walking trilogy but it's more for Teens.
    UberLisa

UberLisa

I love reading YA series...Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick is one of my fave series (it's also written for teen readers, but I really enjoyed it). The movie based on the first book in this series is supposed to be released later this year, I think...
    Addicted2Fashion

Addicted2Fashion

Origin ID:
    ShelleyBM
    The Scorch Trials (for the 2nd time) it's the second book from the Maze Runner trilogy :)
    • Like Like x 1
    UberLisa

UberLisa

I really enjoyed that series too. I have only read it once so far...but there are so many other books I've got to catch up on first :)
    The book thief

The book thief

Origin ID:
    thesims3andtwo
    I'm currently Re reading The Twilight Saga, and also The Book Thief and If I Stay.
    All extremely excellent.
    • Like Like x 1
    UberLisa

UberLisa

I enjoyed reading the twilight series...it helped me enjoy the movies a bit more. the book thief was good as well...I haven't gotten around to the last one yet though :)
    --
    I'm actually working on The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (ie. J.K. Rowling) right now...just started it last night...so haven't gotten much into it just yet, but I really enjoyed the first book in this series.
    Korvaz

Korvaz

I'm thinking about reading the Fables series. Not exactly sure how to do this since there's a lot of spinoffs that tie into the main story arc.
    disneygirl

disneygirl

Growing up as a kid beside reading Nancy Drew. I read a series called Tom and Liz Austen books. They are Hardy Boy/Nancy Drew mixed with Agatha Christie and Scooby Doo depending on which book you're reading. Most of the books except for Disneyland hostage and Red River Ransom are set in and around Canada.
    The book thief

The book thief

Origin ID:
    thesims3andtwo
    If I Stay is really fantastic.

OH : And so Is The Faults in our Stars.

Can I ask whats your favorite book in the Twilight Saga?
    • Like Like x 1
    UberLisa

UberLisa

I do want to try to get around to that book as well...
    As far as my favorite twilight saga book goes...I honestly don't know if I could really just pick one. I know the whole twilight thing gets a bad rap on social networks and such...but I think my favorites were probably either new moon or eclipse (the middle two). The first one seemed a bit clumsier in it's writing style and the last one would have been a bit better if the excerpts with Jacob had been mixed in with the regular telling of Bella's side of the story instead of broken up. Not the best vampire books ever by far, but I liked that it gave the genre a bit of a twist.
    princessmei

princessmei

Origin ID:
    PrincessMei
    I'm not really reading books, but playing this reading game on my tablet called Episode Choose Your Story.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    The book thief

The book thief

Origin ID:
    thesims3andtwo
    @UberLisa,

yes most people seem to write off Twilight when they find out the vampires aren't demons from hell.

My favorite book of the series has got to be breaking dawn. Mainly because it has a lot of twist and turns , and Bella goes from being a pawn to a queen , by saving everyone with her gift. And I like the ending , where Edward sees into her mind.

Plus , Renesmee is adorable.
    • Like Like x 1
    UberLisa

UberLisa

Very true :)
    Rethka786

Rethka786

Origin ID:
    Rethka786
    I read Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn. They are really good. My favourite one is Breaking Dawn, I can't believe that Jacob imprinted on Nessie (Renesmee), I thought Jacob was a werewolf but Aro said that he wasn't a child of the moon, just a shape-changer. I was quite sad when I found out Nessie was going to die at 15 years old but then we find out that she'll stop aging when she's mature (16-21).
    I am currently reading the Beautiful Creatures series.
    disneygirl

disneygirl

I am re-reading a story I have read before and its called The Glass Sallow-its about a red-headed girl from a Dutch like country who travels to a place much like India-(caste systems) and falls in love with the lowest of the low-a Scavenger boy.
    Rain designs exquisite stained glass for the windows of her city. But the law is clear-it is forbidden for girls to be part of the glassmakers' guild. To keep her secret hidden, she leaves home and travels to the strange new country of Magharna. When Peri witnesses Rain's capture by a gang of bandits, both his fate and his heart become tied to hers. They escape the outlaws, but Peri and his family of falconers are untouchables who are scorned by all, and Rain is not allowed to be partof their lives. Can Rain and Peri's love survive the prejudices against them? And with the country on the brink of disaster will they be able to stop their world from smashing apart?
    Rethka786

Rethka786

Origin ID:
    Rethka786
    The Shadowhunter Chronicles
    This is the collective name for all the different series of books by Cassandra Clare as they are all about shadowhunters.
    Series in the Shadowhunter Chronicles:
    The Mortal Instruments (6 books)
    The Infernal Devices (3 books)
    The Bane Chronicles (11 short stories, e-books)
    Tales From the Shadowhunter Academy (10 short stories, e-books, yet to be released)
    The Dark Artifices (3 books, yet to be released)
    The Last Hours (3 books, yet to be released)

Titles in red are set in Victorian times.
    Titles in blue are set in present day.
    Titles in purple range from 1800s to now.