1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

windows dual boot sims 4 question

Discussion in 'Technical Support & Bug Reports' started by phill50, Sep 7, 2014.

phill50

phill50

hi all name phill I was just wondering if someone could help got dual boot windows windows 8.1 on ssd and windows 7 hdd got sims 4 currently installed on windows 7 can I put sims 4 on my windows 8 ssd as well same pc any help most appreciated I got origin account
    Sims4Forum

Sims4Forum The Boss Site Owner

Hi Phil! :welcome2: to the community! :)

You should have 2 options!

Option 1: Just download and log in to Origin on Windows 8 and download the game again to your Windows 8 ssd. But obviously this will take up another 8gb on your SSD... but there's another option ;)

Option 2: What you can do instead to save space on your SSD, is once you're logged into Windows 8, find My Computer/File Explorer window on your desktop, and it should show you a list of your hard-drives!

Find your HDD with Windows 7 on it, click on it then click on 'Program Files (x86) then click on Origin Games > The Sims 4 > Game > Bin then in the bin folder you should find the .exe file for launching The Sims 4.

Right click that exe and create a shortcut then just drag the shortcut over to your desktop on Windows 8.

Then basically you'll be able to play The Sims 4 on your Windows 8 ssd without it taking up space on your ssd... it'll just run the game off of your W7 HD :)
    phill50

phill50

thanks chris for reply thanks great community this got sims 4 working great on windows 7 got100gb free on ssd just had a thought whether sims 4 would be quicker on ssd :) mind you its quick now thanks for reply to message chris phill