1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Wondering - Suicidal Trait?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by DudeWhyy, Apr 6, 2014.

?

Should this be a thing?

Poll closed Apr 8, 2014.
  1. Yes

12.5%
  2. Maybe

37.5%
  3. No

62.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I think it was suggested because sims is a life simulator and death is a part of life.
    LittleMonster

LittleMonster

Yes, death may be a part of life, but suicide shouldn't have to be.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    That's like saying it should be illegal for people to be sad.
    Katrinakrakish

Katrinakrakish

Origin ID:
    Vegeta_Tales
    It's much deeper than just being sad. Depression is very hard to deal with as well as suicidal thoughts or tendencies. If you want it in the game then perhaps; as said before, a mod will allow you to have the experience but I doubt the Sims would ever have this feature. Like I said before it can be very triggering.

I take that back.. in one game you could kill your sim by jumping from a diving board with no water.. I believe it was one of the console games.

You all know what I mean though, right? x.x I don't think they would add a feature that dark.
    • Like Like x 1
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I know it is I have been going through that crap since I was twelve. I was just using a simple comparison.
    LittleMonster

LittleMonster

How is it? All I said was that suicide shouldn't HAVE to be a part of life. Making sadness illegal isn't a fair comparison to suicide not having to be a part of life.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I think I may have miss read what you said.
    Katrinakrakish

Katrinakrakish

Origin ID:
    Vegeta_Tales
    I'm not trying to sound rude, I'm just trying to say it's not needed. I also have issues with depression and I don't want to play a depressing game like that. I play video games to escape my clouded world. I don't think we need games to simulate that for us. It's only my opinion though.
    • Like Like x 1
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I like creating dynamic storylines that are realistic to reality and that are interesting. If there were a mod for a suicidal trait or the ability to commit suicide and have it recognized as such and not just death would be great. I understand why EA would not want to include that though, just like teenage pregnancies. Everyone likes to play differently.
    Katrinakrakish

Katrinakrakish

Origin ID:
    Vegeta_Tales
    I could see a modder adding the feature to the game and I wouldn't judge them either way; That's fine. :3 I just don't think it would be a good idea for EA to add a suicidal trait. I hope I'm not making myself sound like a wet blanket or anything. xD
    Simon Graceffa

Simon Graceffa

Origin ID:
    simongraceffa
    My cousin died in a drowning incident so you expect me to petition for no more drowning in TS4? I don't think suicide should be in TS4 just because. Its not necessary. How would you commit suicide in the first place? Pistol to the head? OD on medicine? Bam! A mature rating. I can just hear the mommy bloggers just typing away at their keyboards. You're only asking for trouble if you want this in the game.
    FalseZen

FalseZen

They're not putting it in the game. It's not going to happen. So what's the point of discussing whether it should be in TS4 or not?
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Growing up with TS1 my friends mom forbid Sims because the pixels were too close to nudity.
    PrincessKimby

PrincessKimby

:eek:I know this post is old, but I suffer with depression. I wouldn't like seeing this in my game. :confused: I play sims to get away from real world bullshit. Plus EA has made it clear they do not want the rating to go up. So hopefully they wont.
    • Like Like x 2
    Sims4Forum

Sims4Forum The Boss Site Owner

Hey PrincessKimby! :) welcome to the community, nice to have you here. And true, that's why I play most games that I do. To escape the real world bs :) I doubt they will now.
    • Like Like x 1
    PoshElite Brsy

PoshElite Brsy

it's sounds very heavy but at the same time for writers such as myself i would love to have this in the story line...Hmmm not sure... would it up the ratings or not because sometimes I get a bit confuse about this rating system because of the things they mark as mature blah :cool: I think I will leave that statement where it is ...however this would be OK in my book
    Simon Graceffa

Simon Graceffa

Origin ID:
    simongraceffa
    America's ESRB System isn't that dysfunctional. Its more about the horrible things they mark teen and mature instead of Adults Only. Like when I bought GTA V and it was rated M, meaning a parent can buy it for their child, it had visible nudity and images of intercourse and I know children play it because I hear them shrieking and their voice cracking.

But yeah, most games with a tad bit of cursing and some blood are marked as teen. Suicide would be Mature if it was marked as suicide. Like if they renamed WooHoo into sex, ESRB would see it and bam a M onto it.
    Rethka786

Rethka786

Origin ID:
    Rethka786
    If your Sim is unstable then, possibly they could have random/accidental deaths.
    Also I don't think there should be a Suicidal trait but, I'm not saying I want this, a decision to commit suicide e.g. if your Sim picks up a knife they could have a choice to stab themselves.

UPDATE: Your Sims don't need to go through that stuff. I don't think this should be allowed.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I agree with what you assume EA's intentions are. That is the same reason they wont put in teen pregnancy. Also a hypothetical scenario would be that I recently lost a pet, therefore I do not think pets should be in the game. I play to escape the reality of my dead pet. I don't mean to mock you I suffer from depression as well, but that point you brought up about escaping reality has been brought up before and I just don't understand it.
    Samira

Samira

Origin ID:
    XxAirixX
    I say this is one of those things that should be left to mods/storytelling only (using personal judgment and common sense) and not in the actual game. Suicide is such a serious, touchy subject, it would just be a bad idea to have it. People who struggle with it or know someone that committed suicide or attempt to don't need the constant reminder.

And though some stories can pull off heavy subjects without making light of it, having it as an option in a game that is mostly silly would not end well. People will complain and not buy it. I don't think they need that kind of controversy. Yeah there is death involved, but not in such a serious/heavy way like suicide. It's probably one of the few things you won't see in the game for that reason and if they allowed some things to happen, they would risk losing business and would have to move the rating up to adult. It's better they keep it rated T, as they will get more business from people that way.