1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Wow, in TS4, is a divorce really a divorce?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Gigi, Sep 3, 2014.

Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

I had this couple since well since I could play it...and the dude cheated on the wife with Nina Caliente. Well he divorced his wife over her, leaving their two sons and an unborn baby.

But one thing I noticed was that when I played after he divorced her and moved out was that shower just disappeared and so did the office chair!!!

The shower was there that morning along with the office chair before the divorce, so I wonder is it true that in TS4 the other spouse gets to keep some items.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    Well it adds a touch of Realism.
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yeah it'd be nice to know whether its a feature of the game or they just disappeared, but its weird though and pretty cool if it is a fact at the same time.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl

How does the game detect which items belongs to which? Is it random? He must have really loved that shower to take it with him...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    dearneverland

dearneverland

that is SO COOL if this is because it is more realistic and not just a glitch. i love it.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Connor

Connor Llama Lover

Origin ID:
    Con1468
    A shower and a chair... I think I would rather take that flat screen tv and computer if it were me. lol
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yeah I would have to get divorced in another family and see if it happens again to verify my suspicions lol.

But yeah the weirdest things were gone! I understand the chair...that is a nice computer chair and he is a tech assistant! He'll need that.

But that shower breaks down 10 times a day.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Samira

Samira

Origin ID:
    XxAirixX
    I don't know, I am still waiting for my game to come in. But wow, if that was not a glitch and part of divorce, it would be accurate to what people actually do in RL.

I really need to check into it once the game comes in.
    kitaxia

kitaxia

Very exciting! Keep us up to date! For those of us who do not have the game yet anyway. :D
    • Like Like x 1
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yeah I checked to see if they were disappearing items, like at times you may get those items in TS3 that randomly disappear (glitches), and they block that square of a space and you just cannot walk in that area, put anything else in that area, and even in CAS pick up whatever is there.

My sims were walking in the area the shower and chair were at and I easily just placed a new shower in its place, so its just pure speculation lol.

I am not getting that, but yeah it will be nice to see if anyone else comes across a missing item or two upon divorce and a move out lol.
    Korvaz

Korvaz

Maybe he was just so pissed that he wanted to get back at her, took the least interesting items hoping it'd bring her to tears.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    andrewpaisley95

andrewpaisley95

I am confused!!! My sims got divorced but I don't know how to make just the guy individually move out and not his ex wife and daughter...? And also how do I change their last name when they get married?
    Neko

Neko

Origin ID:
    nekotuesti
    I'm laughing at the idea of him just ripping the shower out and stomping out of the house with it...:D
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Alourra

Alourra

I know right :facepalm::hilarious: of all the things he could have taken lol. Poor wife will want a nice relaxing shower after her day, but she'll find it's been ripped out lol.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Neko

Neko

Origin ID:
    nekotuesti
    Haha, poor thing! :laugh: Ah well, guess that's all part of being a sim, along with putting a whole car in your pocket. Just the life they lead..;)
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Luthien Rising

Luthien Rising

Origin ID:
    luthienrising
    I suppose you can always move him out manually in Manage Worlds > Manage Households (I think that's what those links are called!). And I think you have to edit names in CAS, using the testingcheats route. Seems to be a bug that names don't get changed, but at least we don't have to cheat to change them back if we don't want them changed?
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    Anyways i don't know if that's a Glitch or put in intentional.
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

So it isn't just me whose couple didn't have the same last name when married.

Also, you have to go to manage worlds in the menu and manage household, just like Luthien said. They did make it confusing. It took me a bit to find too. Then you have to either merge him into another household or just not in a household at all.

Let's just say you aren't alone. The management is just so new in this game. It's not like TS3 where you can call and kick a sim out if you want.
    Jay-Jay

Jay-Jay

Origin ID:
    oblargh
    Maybe he-himself was confused and therefore took the shower and the office chair thinking they're the most logical items to take. We will never never know.
    Queen

Queen

Origin ID:
    PuReAnGeL
    I just finished reading "Finding Me: A Decade of Darkness, a Life Reclaimed: A Memoir of the Cleveland Kidnappings" by Michelle Knight through e-book on iPad and I cried for the very first time. :)