1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

adopted children finding birth families

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by disneygirl, May 16, 2015.

disneygirl

disneygirl

I understand that not everyone will agree with me but I would like the option for Sims children who are adopted who on their teen birthday to get a chance card to try to find their birth family. Depending on the story you tell, you can either allow them to find their birth-family or not.

Another idea for adoption is I wish their was a way to tell the difference on whose a birth child and who isn't when you adopted a kid (note I haven't adopted since the pre=family tree patch around the patch with the business/alethe careers).

I wish we could give up children for adoption but have them end up in families around town-you could have closed adoption or open adoption (birth family has contacts to the new adoptive family). Babies and children should have some kind of explanation for why they're in adoption system in the first place.
    • Like Like x 3
    Rethka786

Rethka786

Origin ID:
    Rethka786
    I agree, this would be an amazing idea and it really fits in with their "Smarter Sims, Weirder Stories" motto. I do have sim families that have adopted children and I feel like it is just a birth child who may look different but with this idea I can really see the adoptee as a different person.
    • Like Like x 1
    disneygirl

disneygirl

thanks.. there's an aAnother simmer whos is an adopted kid in RL arguing that she HATES the idea.. and its upsets me terribly. She says she will never buy another EA prodcut again if EA adds this in the game. She says I should just do it on a blog. She is like Queen on here when it comes to disabled people. But I can't do any of it on a blog..I mean how can I difference between a adoptive kid and a non-adoptive kid when all it will say is "daughter" or "sister" for the adoptive parent/sibling? Or how can I try to find a birth-family for the adoptive kid when adoptive children in the Sims are basically NPCs and have no family?
    Rethka786

Rethka786

Origin ID:
    Rethka786
    This won't really help but you can just have your own family tree and enter adopted son/daughter into the relationship status.
    Chany Philly

Chany Philly

Origin ID:
    chanyphilly
    I think this is a fantastic idea, it adds realism and open mindedness to what is currently a very one way street in the game.
    opiektidung

opiektidung

Origin ID:
    I agree, this is a brilliant idea for me in a game