1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Am I or am I not an idoit for wanting OR to be on a disk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by disneygirl, Mar 28, 2015.

disneygirl

disneygirl

Am I or am I not an idiot for wanting OR to be on a disk/free? Since I'm afraid of using my own money to buy it online even though now I technically could do such a thing. I can only ask my parents to buy me something in a psychical form like the GTW EP. But I'm afraid if I start to use it online I'm going to want to do something foolish and buy FB games upgrades and stuff. I would rather EA offer OR for free and also on disk for those who can't get it any other way.
    V12creator

V12creator

The idea is not very realistic but i would not call you an idiot. DLCs are just like that, money is the reason a company does stuff after all.
    Gazz

Gazz If it move don't kill it just freeze it

What on a disk Sims 4 ?
    disneygirl

disneygirl

but EA used to sell stuff packs and even some worlds (BB, MV) in *real* stores. So why can't they do something similar for DLC. I mean what about people who don't have internet? They out of luck if they want to get the OR.+
    Gazz

Now i understand
    disneygirl

disneygirl

I do have internet. But I'm afraid If I use my new bank card for X it would lead to Y. And even though my bank card isn't a credit-its a debit-I do have a limit of how much I can spend per week.
    V12creator

V12creator

I am afraid that is how the new model of DLC works. Most of TS3 store content did not come into Physical media version and most of time it as well it hardly reaches all retail stores around the world were the EPs use to end up.I belive the GPs are there to compesate the lack of store due to peoples complaints about it, but still keeping an online profit with Thesims while fillling players with content from time to time while there is no EP.

I understand your concern about using the credit card, but the gaming industry in general seens to been adopting this new style of distribution, wich s*cks but i dont think it will change, Companies are not doing something if they get more money in the long run with other option.

As for people who dont have internet..well, they cant even update, but they dont distribute updates in stores as well, you cant live without internet these days...ok, you CAN, but dont expect you have the same benefits if you want to play a computer game.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
    disneygirl

disneygirl

People in any other country BUT the U.S. have the bad luck to have to use their OWN bank cards (mine isn't a credit card its a debit but there still is a limit I can spend on it per week). IT just in any other country expect the U.S. there is no EA Cards for people to buy and I don't trust Paypal since I only have the one bank account.
    Gazz

Not even Origin cards were you pay and then you just scratch the strip and add the number in to Origin :eek:
    V12creator

V12creator

It would be pretty much unfair and annoying to have USA beign even more favored in such way. Thesims franchise is not exacly in a great shape if you ask me, to make things like that wich could make customers from other places get angry with the company. It is kinda of way too selfish and EA needs more than the US to promote the game and making physical versions have a cost that they clearly prefer to avoid afford with certain content releases.

As i said, GPs are clearly made for the digital business. Also remember that ea wants to promote Origin in competition to Steam, the Money and the global fan and custumer view of the game are more important to a company than aiding the locals with methods that would make then more confortable, remember also, a company is not a person.
    disneygirl

disneygirl

I know a company isn't a person its people with the same mindset. Think every can afford to waste their real money on digtal crab. I would love to get OR but it has to on disk or people in non-US countries can get access to the card without needing to travel TO the US
    V12creator

V12creator

Perhaps, i dont have much of faith it would be done but it is possible. I think we should be glad already that They are not making a digital STORE like in TS3 wich has the same problem but worse.
    disneygirl

disneygirl

but at least with a digtal store like in the sims 3 there was a chance of people gifting items/worlds to me. That can't happen with GPs. Not unless someone wants to gift me a code for OR
    V12creator

V12creator

That is another matter entirely. The entire simpoint system was Hell.
    Hanay

Hanay

Origin ID:
    lilhxox
    I completely trust paypal I use it all time, I would be lost without it.