1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

anyone running sims4 on an old PC?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by biffspagnuts, Dec 8, 2014.

biffspagnuts

biffspagnuts

Specifically a Intel e2220 powered machine. I know it meets minimums specs but just barely. I would like to know how well your system runs is everything turned way down or glitchy?

Also is there a way to turn off this stupid border that blocks what I am typing?
    Sims4Forum

Sims4Forum The Boss Site Owner

chances are it will run, but expect to run it on low-medium and for at best 30fps.

It depends on other factors as well, like for example if you have a graphics card? How much ram you have etc. What are your specs.

If you were thinking of buying a new pc just to play Sims, don't make any decisions until you do your research. Sims 4 runs JUST on my Macbook Air with an i5 with intel hd 5000 graphics.... and not brilliantly at that. So anything below an i5 with intel graphics you may be struggling.
    biffspagnuts

biffspagnuts

Thanks for turning off the border!
    The graphics card is a 2GB 128-Bit DDR PCI Express 2.0 x16 geforce gt 630. There are 4 GB of ram. Is that similar to the Mac book of yours?

Right now I am trying to decide if I should buy an old PC (unused $99 unit) to swap over existing parts. The mother board is apparently shot on the current old system. I really don't want to spend the $400+ to build a new PC if I can get the old stuff to do a acceptable job. The only this this PC will be used for is playing sims3 with expansions and sims 4.

What do you think?
    Sims4Forum

Sims4Forum The Boss Site Owner

The graphics card isn't bad! My advice would be to just pick up the Sims 4, install it and see for yourself how it works first hand, be sure to update your nvidia drivers before too.

Once you see how well it plays, THEN decide if you wanna upgrade your pc. It's a very versatile game, will work on most things you put it on... so just buy it and see how it does.

You can pick up a key for as little as £26 http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/The-Sims-4-Limited-Edition-CD-Key-for-Origin.html
    biffspagnuts

biffspagnuts

Great thanks for the advice!
    Jay-Jay

Jay-Jay

Origin ID:
    oblargh
    I actually tried running Sims 4 on a below minimal spec PC and it ran fine with everything on low with 25-40 FPS lol. I was pretty damn surprised.
    Meline

Meline Dutchie

Origin ID:
    meline134
    Why not try the free demo first?
    biffspagnuts

biffspagnuts

Reporting back, I bought the new old PC ( should end up being $70 after rebate) and swapped the parts from the old PC (with the bad motherboard). So far Sims has been running great, and didn't have to turn down any settings. Might be the graphics card is doing the settings or maybe they are just running on high. The only thing lost I didn't factor was the 6 channel speaker, they are now stereo. That's not really a concern though.

Thanks for the help and advise!
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Jay-Jay

Jay-Jay

Origin ID:
    oblargh
    Exactly. The game was optimized brilliantly for older computers.
    Sugar Rave

Sugar Rave

The only thing minimum spec in my machine is the gt440 graphics card, otherwise my 8 gigs of ram are wasted and i7 core processor doesn't really help TS3 anymore.
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    my PC is a few years old but i Retrofitted a new Graphics card on it just for sims 4 months ago.