1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Child Taken by Social Sevices

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by reem, Oct 5, 2014.

reem

reem

Origin ID:
    remimoem
    Hello,
    please help me... my child have been taken by social services because his mother died of old age and i dont know where to find him i tried to check if i can adopt my child back but he wasn't in the list so i don't know what to do or where to find him if anybody know where i can find my child i would be grateful to you....
    thank you.
    Dana

Dana

Origin ID:
    Wigglicious
    Aw. Personally I just wouldn't have saved, but I save frequently so I wouldn't lose much play time doing that.

Do you have any sims that have a relationship with the child? If not get on the sim you want the child to stay with and use the testingcheats true cheat
    then use this cheat:
    modifyrelationship (Firstname lastname of your sim) (firstname lastname of your kid) 100 Frienship_Main
    will look like this:
    modifyrelationship John Smith Jane Doe 100 Friendship_Main

Then invite over and shift click and choose add to family.
    Although the add to family thing never comes up for me, but I read everywhere that it's a valid thing that shows up with testingcheats and shift clicking on sims. Idk. I've never tried any of that before, just a suggestion.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    reem

reem

Origin ID:
    remimoem
    thank you... yes i have his father but i cant seem to find my child in the relationship list of his father but ill try what you suggested and tell you if it worked or not...
    reem

reem

Origin ID:
    remimoem
    i tried it but nothing happened the child isn't in the relationship window of any of my sims i tried with a few of them but i think hes been kidnapped or something if there was such a thing
    Gazz

Gazz If it move don't kill it just freeze it

I don't get it if the father is still alive shouldn't the child have gone too him ?
    reem

reem

Origin ID:
    remimoem
    that's what i thought as well but the child disappeared...
    Dana

Dana

Origin ID:
    Wigglicious
    The game has a bug where family relationships are not always correct, so it may have not been registering that the father was actually the father.

I have never had a child taken away, but if he has disappeared completely from relationships he may just be gone. Did you try the cheat? There doesn't need to be a pre-existing relationship for it to work. Test it using two normal sims to make sure you got it working properly, then try it with the father and your kid.

Type in
    Testingcheats true
    Then you will type in:
    Modifyrelationship YourSim(first name) YourSim(last name) TargetSim(first name) TargetSim(last name) 100 Track_type
    An example of what this actually looks like:
    Modifyrelationship Beatrix Monroe Alexia Mercado 100 Friendship_Main”

Just use your sims names lol
    reem

reem

Origin ID:
    remimoem
    I tried what you suggested and it worked with other sims but nothing with the child he totally disapeared i think hes been deleted from the game weird
    Dana

Dana

Origin ID:
    Wigglicious
    Well that is unfortunate.
    My sim became pregnant for the first time and I was pretty excited about that but right before she was supposed to give birth, she just was magically not pregnant anymore and there was no baby, so I know the feeling of being gypped in this game. :thumbsdown:
    Meline

Meline Dutchie

Origin ID:
    meline134
    I know in Sims 3 when a child gets taken away, they are the first children to get adopted..
    Maybe they'll be in the adoption file?
    Gazz

Gazz If it move don't kill it just freeze it

Don't know if this would work but try going back to an early save or look in TS4 Save Sims folder if i remember every save is in that folder don't know if there dated. I looked if you done saves start Sims 4 click the icon that's load save game in there is every Auto save load them one at a time and one should be were she is pregnant. I know you would lose everything but that's the only way i can think of doing. go back to a save when you played before posting on here Good Luck!
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    reem

reem

Origin ID:
    remimoem
    i noticed that i cant increase relationships with children only with adults which is weird...
    Dana

Dana

Origin ID:
    Wigglicious
    :cyclops: Vhat?

That is really strange lol I suppose I never actually tried it with a child sim but I figured.. A sim is a sim lol, why wouldn't it work for kids? Odd.