1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Disabled sims and wheelchairs

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by James, Mar 29, 2014.

?

Should there be disabled sims and wheelchairs?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    64.4%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Maybe

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
    James

James

Hello I was wondering if sims should be in wheelchairs or not because I am in a wheelchair and can't walk.
    • Like Like x 4
    Sims4Forum

Sims4Forum The Boss Site Owner

I actually think that's an amazing idea and im surprised they haven't done it already. LOADS of people have disablities so it's only fair they should be able to have themselves in the game and represented.
    • Like Like x 3
    James

James

Yeah I agree then I could represent myself.
    • Like Like x 1
    FalseZen

FalseZen

I have wanted this since the Sims 1 first came out! People have waited almost 15 years for wheelchairs to be implemented into the Sims series. iRawss Danbruen has even made a media vlog asking for this!

I think we have all waited patiently long enough now. It can't be that hard can it? The Sims 4 nav mesh looks amazing! They should be able to put it in the Sims 4, without the chair getting caught up on anything. Also, the chair should have footrests.

They can make the chairs electric, so there is no need for extra animations, if that's what the holdup is about.
    • Like Like x 2
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yeah I would like Sims with disabilities to happen. It would be nice if people of all types can be represented in the game.

I hear EA won't do that since this is a game to get away from life, but in my personal opinion, being in a wheelchair for example is not anything game breaking. I do understand why they won't put deadly diseases in the game such as cancer.
    • Like Like x 1
    V12creator

V12creator

Intersting enough, there was a guy in wheelchair in TheUrbz for GBA.
    Issabella

Issabella

Very interesting.............................
    V12creator

V12creator

Sure ,here he is : Lincoln Broadsheet - The Reporter

[​IMG]
    LittleMonster

LittleMonster

I'm not really for or against wheelchairs, but the only problem I can think of would be routing issues. For me personally, I don't think it would add much to the game. Also, they'd most likely have to re-animate almost every single interaction with objects, the environment and other sims, which would clearly be much more work than EA would get out of it.
    FalseZen

FalseZen

I played the Urbz, but I don't remember being able to play as Lincoln Broadsheet. Then again, I only play female characters.

The nav pics look great, I don't think routing will be an issue in general. Though, I doubt they will ever put usable sims in wheelchairs. No matter how great the routing is in TS4. [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    gabrriiellla

gabrriiellla

That is a great idea! And maybe they could make crutches that you would get after injuring your sim {new content!}. They could get cancer too {or any disease} from a lifetime wish and have to get treatment or something because realistically it is very possible
    DudeWhyy

DudeWhyy

I agree.
    • Like Like x 1
    sylvimarie07

sylvimarie07

Totally agree. Nothing against wheelchairs here, but I think it would have been a lot easier if it was involved in past games or brought up earlier. This is the only Sims game that I've seen this quesion/request on forums. It would affect a lot graphically. Just think of all the buildings they would have to change to assist handicapped Sims and then houses with stairs. The list could go on. Maybe an expansion will be made with a new world that is handicapped Sim accessible! Another thing I would add I can't really say how I feel about diseases like cancer or injuries. But i'm all for the realism in TS4 so the injuries seem like it would be easier to add then all the extra animations it would take for life-threatening diseases. I guess we shall see as the Sims progresses :)
    Sims4Forum

you raise some good points, but to be fair the developers dont have to go as far as putting ramps down everywhere so disabled sims can get around, it is a video game after all. Maybe if your sim is disabled you have the option of fitting a stair lift or an elevator into the home. It can't be too difficult. Plus it'd add an extra dynamic to the game, sims can be temporarily disabled due to accidents, injuries and age. So I think it'd add alot to the game and i'm sure the devs could work it in without having to overhaul anything.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I guess, I don't think I would play with that feature though.
    sylvimarie07

sylvimarie07

You are absolutely right. I guess I'm just thinking about how I'd create the game, if only *sigh* :p But yes, that changes my mind.
    Simon Graceffa

Simon Graceffa

Origin ID:
    simongraceffa
    If I was disabled, I wouldn't want to go through the agony of disability in game! The reason I play the sims is to live the life I couldn't have. If disabled people had the chance to be disabled in game, it would only make them sadder. Its like having someone fat making themselves fat in game. They don't like their condition and they surely wont want to glorify it in game. It may be good for story telling purposes but if someone disabled saw "NEW! SIMS CAN ROLL AROUND IN WHEELCHAIRS" they probably wont say "yay! Woohoo! I cant wait to play my struggle in game!". Just a thought.
    • Like Like x 1
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Maybe we should keep it out of the game just like the suicidal trait....
    V12creator

V12creator

How can you say? i know people that are not ashamed of who they are, i know people that got thin and got fat again because they found out that they look actually better fat, and what is your agony? sure, you will get agony about a feature you dont use, but you dont get agony about death, you dont get agony about sims cheating on their partners, losing their jobs, or fighting each other and even stealing from their houses.

Sory for beign harsh, but you are not duing any good to anyone, what do you think ? Do you think that people that are in those situations are unable to do anything ? Do you think they should not be part of world ? What is the problem with having then into the game ? If you was in such situation would you like that someone said that they dont want it in the game because they would feel bad about it ? I would not. The world is not made of perfect people, and Thesims never was about it before sims3 because it is a people simulator, including this feature is a wayy better way of making the game feel realistic than using of things like realistic graphics.

The Political correct is a lie, and, it is ruining this series.

But sure, "Lets not make it avaible for anyone since i dont like it" logic may make the perfect sense as aways...-sigh-

I know that it is just your opinion, but this kind of coment get on my nerves.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    Sims4Forum

Good point! I agree, but everyone has a different opinion. Like Simon said though some people may play sims to escape that life then some people may embrace it and want themselves represented. There'll be people on both sides of the fence!

I say put it in anyways, at least we have the option. Adds more creativity and lifestyle options to the mix :D
    • Like Like x 2