1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Do you prefer ts2 or ts3 ?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3 General Discussion' started by thekillers1212, Mar 12, 2014.

?

Which game do you prefer ?

1. Ts3

42.9%
  2. Ts2

48.6%
  3. Ts1

8.6%
    thekillers1212

thekillers1212

Which game do you prefer ?
    Personally, i have both and i think ts2 is WAY better than ts3 . Ts2 is less laggy , more fun and offers more gameplay options than ts3 ... I have about all ts3's eps , but i still get bored after a few minutes of playing ...
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

I prefer The Sims 2. The Sims weren't a pain to take care of like The Sims 1, but Sims 2 was very memorable, had some good, content fill expansions and stuff packs, and I never got tired of playing The Sims 2 or remember being incredibly bored.

Why didn't they bring back Santa and the Christmas tree? And just kept the same apartment system since they couldn't be bothered with it this time around.

I wish I can have The Sims 2, and mash in the seamless neighborhood of TS3 without the rabbitholes, then put in the wits of the sims of TS3, with the Sims 3 graphics.
    Michael

Michael Gypsy

This is EXACTLY what I want, and I'm pretty sure many of other players want exactly the same thing. Hopefully The Sims 4 will combine all this together.

I think I prefer The Sims 2 to be honest.

EDIT: Oh didn't realise TS1 was included in the poll too, definitely love that game.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I like Sims 1 the most; it just reminds me of my childhood.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Simfan923

Simfan923

Origin ID:
    Simfan923
    They all have their moments TS1 was the beginning and you never forget the original. TS2 was a nice sequel at the time and there are a few good things I like about it. TS3, I can honestly say that I like the new look and the new gameplay, though could go without the lagging and issues. I'm going with TS3 on this one
    • Like Like x 1
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I didn't like the look of TS3 only that the edges were smoother I thought their heads were too big. It took me a while for it to grow on me.
    Nya

Nya

i like TS2 best but as Gigi said I just like how they act in TS3. TS2 just has the most content in it overall.
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Lol, one thing I hated about The Sims 2 was it was so common for your sim to turn out fugly. Lord the fugliness on it was rampant, and without custom content on a lot of your sims...yeah shoot.

In Sims 3, there isn't really that fugly issue...the sims look just as decent as common folk, with a few very attractive or a few ugly ones here and there like real life.
    thekillers1212

thekillers1212

And not to mention that sims 3's sims look all the same. They seem to be made of plastic ...
    Stache

Stache

TS3 has better graphics, but TS2 is epic and I enjoy it more! TS3 expansions are awful but TS2's are awesome.
    • Like Like x 1
    Simfan923

Simfan923

Origin ID:
    Simfan923
    IDK, the sims 2 never really had as much content as TS3. Even with all the stuff packs and EPs TS2 just never felt complete compared to the sims 3.
    thekillers1212

thekillers1212

Well said
    • Like Like x 2
    simmadness

simmadness

I preferred TS2. Things were a bit more challenging and were more in depth and thought out. TS3 seemed to be throw together and I stopped playing it years back. I played TS2 until the wheels fell off and only stopped once TS3 was announced. I'm sad I got excited for nothing lol.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I would disagree, TS3 has way more content.
    bshag4lv

bshag4lv

I went back to playing sims 2 when the sims 3 games were giving me grief. (Pre-Twallan's) I was so surprised that I couldn't play it. With no open neighborhood and no CASt it was so limiting and I really couldn't have that much fun with it. I'm with another poster who said, take the humor and charm from sims 2 and place it in the open neighborhood with CAS...perfect game.
    I have to go with sims 3, glitches and all.
    Katrinakrakish

Katrinakrakish

Origin ID:
    Vegeta_Tales
    I would have to go with the sims 3. Loading screens drove me nuts so I usually stayed at home.. in my closed word. ;-; Furniture couldn't move diagonally, these little things are the ones that bothered me. Omg the sims tho, they were so lovable. <3 no complaints about them. :3 plus I loved seeing little things like car animations again. ^^ in the end though I was spoiled with the open world and couldn't really get interested in the sims 2 again. ;-;
    I am really hoping sims 4 is open world; but why would they take it away?
    V12creator

V12creator

I have to say TS2 all the way 1000 times, TS3 was a very disapointment since beguining with the robotics sims, rabithole shops and restaurants, an unefective personality system, and it got worse by the introduction of faulty and lacky Expansion Packs in order to EA cash in overpriced store sets with lack of gameplay in a game that got buggy and buggier over time and i had to use mods to play it before i finally quited playing it. Thesims2 has better sims in many ways, TS3 just downgraded the sims thenselves in order to focus on building and CAS, missing tons of interactions and several intersting features.

For me, TS3 was never a true thesims, and TS2 still is my favorite of the series, only god knows if TS4 will change that.
    Rachel

Rachel

Origin ID:
    PurplePenguin01
    I can't really say they are both different with their own perks, plus i like them both.
    • Like Like x 1
    Queen

Queen

Origin ID:
    PuReAnGeL
    I love each Sims 1, 2 and 3. Sims 1 was truly amazing but I remembered I was so frustrated with the carpet pieces because it did not rotate!lol

On Sims 2... I loved The Sims 2 the game SO much, I played it lots more just like Sims 1! The children, they looked so perfect well blended from their parents... sometime a bit more like dad, sometime a bit more like mom or mixed, beautiful generation! CAS was so easy to created, etc... and VERY annoying because you have to log off the game and then do something to create or edit then bring them back in S2 folders then double click on icon then took a mini nap. True story.

Now on Sims 3. The children are so damn ugly! When the parents such as total different looking and they produced their children, let's say 8 children. They looks like their own brothers/sisters as the clones. No blending from both parents. Just father side or mother side, nothing in-between. CAS 3 is a nightmare and the lag is unbearable. But... there are tons of things to do by decoration, vacation, everything.... Truly AMAZING! I love CASt so much.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Samira

Samira

Origin ID:
    XxAirixX
    I only actually played sims 3, but seen stuff from sims 2.

I don't mind how the sims 3 look, but the game does get kind of boring. They didn't seem as entertaining or interactive and funny like the ones of sims 2. Also all the bugs and lagging, freeze and sometimes crashing. I gave up with building too much from scratch.

I can't say I hate it. It was my first taste of playing sims and some of the ideas were cool, but needs a lot of work.
    • Like Like x 2