1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Female Skin not Working!

Discussion in 'Technical Support & Bug Reports' started by bbussoloti, Sep 30, 2014.

bbussoloti

bbussoloti

Guys,
    When I start the game and check my existing sims using a custom skin I downloaded from the site, it is there and showing fine. But when I create a new Sim, or when I put on some clothes and then remove it on a existing sim, the custom skin is not there anymore! Instead, it just shows the regular standard skin (the pink/salmon one).

I tested it removing all other packages from the Mods folder and keeping only the custom skin I'm talking, but the issue persists.
    Does anyone have this same issue?
    Hope there can be an easy fix for that =\

1. With the custom skin
    upload_2014-9-29_23-8-41.png

2. Putting some clothes on...
    upload_2014-9-29_23-9-20.png

3. Removing the clothes and the custom skin disappears :(
    upload_2014-9-29_23-7-22.png

Regards
    EyeDye

EyeDye

NM, I assumed you were using my skin. After looking at the close-ups you are not. Try my ultimate skin, you will find that it works in all situations.

P.S.
    Looks like a cache issue...
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
    bbussoloti

bbussoloti

I like to use your skins too EyeDye... but it has the same issue.
    How do I clear the cache? Can I just delete the contents of "cache" folder and the game re-creates it?
    EyeDye

EyeDye

That's not exactly what I meant (although it may help). My skins have a selectable portrait, so for any outfit that malfunctions, you can just fix it by selecting the portrait on the right. I made my skins like that intentionally so they could be reselected if need be. Spikey on the other hand (at the time) didn't know how to do that. I have taught him how, but I guess he hasn't updates his skins. I have never had any problems with my skin or heard of anyone else having them. I hope this fixes your issue.

PS
    You cant delete everything in the cache folder EXCEPT for the FileCache.cfg file (doing so may mess your game up)

PSS
    Make sure to use my ultimate skin, the others have been outdated. I am unable to delete the old ones due to site permissions, or I would have by now.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014