1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

First Expansion Pack Expectations?

Discussion in 'Sims 4 Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs' started by Michael, Sep 4, 2014.

Michael

Michael Gypsy

Now that the game has been released, does anyone have any expectations for the first Expansion Pack? It doesn't matter what it is, share your thoughts!
    Some points to maybe think about;
    • Will Maxis listen and include items that people have been disappointed to hear were not included in the Base Game?
    • Will the first Expansion Pack be a familiar theme (Seasons, Pets, etc...) or will it be something completely different we haven't seen before from the team?
    • What is one thing you really want to see the most? It might be something returning or a new feature.
    • When do you expect Expansion Pack #1 to be released? Will it follow similar patterns to the previous generations?

Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    Well im Split with two EPs that Should be first Either a Space Themed EP or a generations EP that has Toddlers and Pre-Teens.
    Michael

Michael Gypsy

I definitely want to see toddlers return to the game, and I am genuinely hoping that they will be included in EP1. If not, i'll be quite disappointed as we've had new life stages introduced in Expansion Packs before. Not too fussed about pre-teens, although it would be a nice addition.
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    the only reason i a Space EP to be first is not that i made that Spaced EP idea its Because Space Feels like a Fresh theme for the sims.
    SatanzDaughter

SatanzDaughter V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Satansdaughter64
    I really enjoyed the Supernatural EP because it sort of added variety rather than all humans. I always aimed for my sim to have a kid of every supernatural creature :)

I have no idea when another EP will be out but I do hope it will be soon as I think the base game wont keep people busy for long, especially the hardcore simmers.

I'm still waiting for mine in the mail but I have been playing my husbands today while he was at work to try it out.:arghh:
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    at this Point there better off Releasing Generations First to Address the no Toddlers Issue.
    MagPie

MagPie laughs at oddly shaped m&m's

Origin ID:
    15MagPie15
    Toddlers. Nuff said haha
    MagPie

MagPie laughs at oddly shaped m&m's

Origin ID:
    15MagPie15
    I am hoping for a lot more social interactions, even though we have a lot for a base game. Many of them look so similar though. Oh and more traits. Way more traits. And a way to keep the pictures that sims are always taking together. If there is a way to save these photos, then I feel silly haha.
    Rick Tomas

Rick Tomas

I would like to see Movie theme Expansions, like from the 80's and 90's and so forth...imagine building the Ghostbusters firehouse or driving a Delorean from BTTF....or maybe terminator comes ringing your door to ask if you're Sarah Connor.
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    that's more like a SP than a EP.
    Marty Mcfly

Marty Mcfly

Origin ID:
    BretMaverick
    All good ideas. But which ever one they come out with it better have a ton of stuff in it. There simply not a lot to do in Sims 4. What few community lots they have are sadly lacking.

I would like for them to bring back the Sims Family Tree in the expansion pack. I honestly liked watching who families developed through the ages. Still can I guess, but I don't want to have to do the extra external work to get it done.

And a lot of people say because they have load screens they don't need cars. Well, technically they didn't need them in Sims 2 either, but it really added to the games and the homes to have driveways and cars. Plus, I enjoyed having my Sims sitting in the Car and listening to the radio or meet someone in the downtown area and take them out to the car to make out and woohoo. Or just listen to the radio and talk. It's things like that that made the game enjoyable and I never cared for the magic cars of The Sims 3.

And since they've gone back to this style of play, I hope they integrate the expansion packs with the neighborhoods better whereas you didn't feel the need to start a whole new world or game to maximize the benefit of expansions like Late Night, University and a few others.

Yes, I know you had loading screens for those in The Sims 2, but they were all still a part of your world and you could visit any of them, and return back to the original neighborhood with no problem. Even in University your Sim could visit home or downtown or wherever, something you couldn't do in the 3 version. I missed all that and that lack of integration in Sims 3 took a lot away from the game as far as I'm concerned. But I seldom hear anyone mention that aspect of it so I may be in a minority but I kind of hope its back.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Victoria Song

Victoria Song

Wondering if the first EP will release before end of this year or sometime after January 2015... Either way I just hope it's not as expensive as the base game (pref. under $20). Might even consider buying digital versions from now on instead of physical copies
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    more like Feb 2015.
    Meline

Meline Dutchie

Origin ID:
    meline134
    To me the game always feels so empty without pets.
    So I'm hoping for a pets expansion.
    They'd be better off releasing a Generations type of pack first, which could satisfy a lot of people who are missing toddlers (personally I am not one of those people), but a magic pack sounds wonderful as well.

I heard that instead of full expansion packs they're looking into creating 'mini packs' which can be purchases online and will add minor changes to your game... It sounds interesting.
    Nafiz Hossain

Nafiz Hossain

Origin ID:
    droidnafiz
    I am expecting a zombie expansion pack... it may be zombie life, where you can play as a zombie, or the whole city becoming zombie, you must survive;):nailbiting::nailbiting::celebrate::celebrate::excited2::excited2:
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    i don't think that's Worth as a EP.
    Nafiz Hossain

Nafiz Hossain

Origin ID:
    droidnafiz
    ha ha... just something exceptional.... zombie is a trending in today's games.... so why not in the sims?:laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    just Stick it in a Supernatural EP.
    hazeo

hazeo

Origin ID:
    shinwooed
    im hoping for a mac version first :p as for expansions, and i hate playing with babies/toddlers so i don't even care about that heh from the lps i've been watching it'd be nice to have more variety for jobs really! maybe a careers based ep like ambitions or open for business c: or even options for more hobbies that you can earn money from if your sim is in a low income / out of work hours paying job?
    pr0d1g10us001

pr0d1g10us001

A multiplayer neighborhood would be awesome. A place where sims from all over the world can hangout, chat, shop, play games and even woohoo. Maybe set it up as a mall (e.g.), with retail space available where sims can own, work, buy and sell. A world of limitless challenges and interactions? I can dream : )