1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Game takes hours to load

Discussion in 'Technical Problems' started by Luners, May 9, 2013.

Luners

Luners

Origin ID:
    Lyly4lifelife
    My Sims 3 game takes hours to load- whether it's a new game or a previously saved file. When it does finally load, it's extremely laggy and it takes about ten minutes for all my content to load still. I have three expansions; Pets, Supernatural, and Seasons. I do have quite a bit of custom content- but I haven't put any new mods in and I haven't updated my game because my game never works after an update. (My game is currently updated to the latest patch though.) All my mods are up-to-date, and even though after I first updated my game, it was a bit slow, it worked afterwards. I hadn't touched my game for a week or two when I decided to play it again, and it was slow. Extremely slow. It took about an hour and a half to load my game- I really can't afford to have my game take so long if I ever want to play it again. I'm in an advanced school program, so I have lots of homework and I just don't have much free time anymore. Do any of you guys have any tips? ;n;
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

Well Chibi-Meg (I thought of that, and loved it... If you don't like it, let me know), we all have that problem :/ When my game starts, I select my family, and then I go take a walk and maybe eat a sandwich while I'm at it...
    Sims 3 really is laggy from the core...
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    This is how my game is too, it's because of all the custom content.
    Luners

Luners

Origin ID:
    Lyly4lifelife
    Ahaha, that's actually a pretty appropriate nickname for me XD I draw chibis in my free time c: And I really wish it was faster ._. The updates don't some anything, they just add some more stuff.

Oh ugh ;-; I guess I'll be getting up earlier to play Sims from now on XD I'm not giving up my cc, it's too beautiful.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Yeah, that's how I am I installed a ton of content and now it's nearly unplayable, so disappointing.
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

Just do what I do. Turn on the sims, go take a walk, choose your family, go watch TV. Come back 10 minutes later xD
    • Like Like x 1
    Luners

Luners

Origin ID:
    Lyly4lifelife
    The Sims 3 team should come up with a way to make the game really fast if you have cc installed .-. They would just be wonderful.

For me, loading the game doesn't take so long, it's more loading the towns/families. But when I'm waiting for it to load, I usually either take a nap it watch a movie. XD
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

My point exactly xD Loading the game for me doesn't take much time either, it's the latter thing you said too
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    That's what I'm hoping for in TS4.
    Luners

Luners

Origin ID:
    Lyly4lifelife
    If it has that, then I might just accidentally die of happiness.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I think everyone would, I'm practically drooling thinking about it. :3
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

Super speed game TS1 style... But waaay better :rolleyes:
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    TS1 plus TS3 and whatever new things TS4 brings :eek:
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

Le Epic game :eek:
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Would definitely be worth the $60.
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

Damn right
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I just hope it isn't a disappointment or anything like that.
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yeah I hope TS4 would be fixed. Come on EA, do not miss this up!

But yeah my game takes ages too. And CAS with all my content takes forever, the frequent pauses in time, and stuff. All our games take forever. I'd just be happy as long as my game doesnt' crash these days.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    In my CAS the content icons don't even load no matter how long I wait, so I have to guess what I'm putting on which only makes CAS a million times longer. You have no idea how long it took to create my avatar sim and I didn't even bother with any of her other outfits except everyday wear.
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yes, CAS is just not fun anymore. It is a freaking chore with the load times. My sims keep the same clothes on forever until they transistion and EA decided to make them look like a freak.

All I do is edit the every day outfit and I'd give them just any matching formal outfit, etc...there are times where I am in the mood and may put work into it though, but usually that is if I am making the sim for te first time.

And the fashion designer career, yeah you cant' even be a fashion designer anymore. xD My sim had her first client and that took 30 minutes for 3 new every day outfits and a new hairstyle...yeah, she had to quit that xD.