1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Gradual Growth

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Gigi, May 7, 2013.

Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

I would like to see gradual growth on The Sims 4. For example, imagine a baby on The Sims 4 is born. Well instead of the max amount of days he reaches before he age...what if each day, he just gradually gets bigger.

For example, let's say Day 2, the baby is bigger and can lift his head and lay on his stomach.

Day 3 -- a bit bigger and crawling

Day 4 -- he is trying to stand, walking all over the place

And the same with kids, in which they just get taller and taller, boys may grow facial hair, the girls will slowly go thru their changes until they officially are just teenagers.

Adults get grayer as the time flies by until they are old, and stuff like that.

That would be totally cool in The Sims 4 instead of the spinning around and poof! New age stage!

Or do you like how things are now?
    • Like Like x 3
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

The way you said it would be great! The other way has been here since Sims 2... Time for a little change, i guess.

And babies could use passifiers, it would be sooo cute :wub:
    • Like Like x 2
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yes! I am tired of all babies looking the same on Sims 3. I would love baby clothes, pacifiers, them gradually growing hair...maybe some are bald at birth, and some have hair.
    • Like Like x 2
    SimsFreak2181

SimsFreak2181 New Member

OMFG!! That is EXACTLY how I was imagining how it could be like! I don't know why they couldn't just do that in the first place, it's not any of us has ever spun around and BAM! We had boobs, or facial hair, etc. I think the progress could be a little different if people want EPIC Sims life span, like a little slower since a baby can be a baby for over 50 days, same as toddler, child, etc. I think the progression would be awesome!
    Have more items for baby-child and maybe new items that we DON'T have to pay extra for from TS4 store.

Like really? I can't afford to buy a new stroller for $2, because that's a rip off.
    There should be more items, more progression and just better everything that comes WITH the game.
    The EPs should help the progression of the game, not be completely useless. Seasons should already be apart of the game instead of totally seperate, and so should University, and maybe even late night so there is still something for the adults to do. Generations should be there too because it helps the progression. Extra things should be like the vacation type stuff, but that it still ties in with the game, not completely random like WA was...

If I am rambling, sorry. Just had to say something! Great idea there Cupcakes! :)

EDIT: And I was thinking maybe Pets as well since I would love to already have Pets.. and have more options for all of the combined EPs. Like...

Seasons: Have power outages, natural disasters, etc.
    University: Be able to add the boyfriend/girlfriend of your sims to join your household
    Late Night: More things to do and more clubs, keep the Vampires though, since they are pretty cool and don't sparkle... (even though I do love Twilight)
    Pets: More options in the pets, like rabbits, cows, pigs, etc.

ALSO SLOWER TIME!!! I hate having my Sims take 6 hours to get ready for school or work. ANNOYING!
    • Like Like x 2
    thisguy

thisguy New Member

I think that's good, but maybe your timeline is a bit fast, and I like the idea of the parents still having to teach this stuff to their kids before a certain age.
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yes, me too. I do like the timeline but I wish that they can keep that timeline but they'd still have that gradual growth.

Then when they reached the max days of an age stage, they can do that cheer and party thing for their birthday, maybe even a pop-up saying they are officially a teenager.

It would be nice in your household to tell the difference between the oldest and youngest kids.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I would like to see this, I saw a mod on http://www.modthesims.info/ for TS3 but I never put it on nor was it as detailed as you described.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I think you can get pacifiers as custom content but I don't think they're interactive, that would be cool though to see the baby sucking on it or spitting it out.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    It would be really cool if the parents still taught the kids things like how to ride a bike and things of that nature, I think they kind of introduced this with TS3 Generations when you were able to teach the teens to drive, but that wasn't as interactive as I'd like.
    coffeeteame

coffeeteame New Member

I really love this idea. It makes everything so much more realistic. However, how would birthdays work now?

If age progression is implemented, at which point would women become infertile? Perhaps introduce a "menopause" type experience they go through, each varying slightly based on genetics, like in real life.

So many fun factors could be put into this.
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

I think they would grow gradually, for instance, a child to teen... Whey would start growing and growing, and just like it is now, a warning would show up that your child will be a teen in 1 day. Then throw the party.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Maybe add a birthday you know pre teen not a toddler nor child but not quite a teen ethier.
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

Hmm... That would be interesting, but since the sims run in days, it would just be too many birthday parties one after another though...
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    You could stretch it out though, kind of like how they added young adult into the mix with TS3, it was in TS2 but only for University.
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

What do you mean by stretch?
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Make the default sim life longer.
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

Oh OK.. Well, then we would have to stick with them for what... 150 days? Depending on our urges to kill? --,
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Well I would imagine you could always adjust the lengths like you can now, just the default when you first load or whatever.
    AnnieMorphine

AnnieMorphine Spy Simmer

Yeah, but if you set it to the normal 90 days, it would be birthday after birthday x) Partaaay!!
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    you could always set it for long or epic, or readjust what the default is.