1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Let's talk Sims 4 pregnancy

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by MagPie, Sep 3, 2014.

MagPie

MagPie laughs at oddly shaped m&m's

Origin ID:
    15MagPie15
    My sim is on her second pregnancy, and I've noticed a few things. I was wondering if you guys were having the same things happening, or if it just random or based on the individual sim.
    1. Every single time she wakes up, she has morning sickness. Even if it was just a nap.
    2. After taking a positive pregnancy test, her belly fills out immediately.
    3. She has gotten pregnant on the first try each time.
    4. She's been the same crazy huge size each time.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I was sure I noticed more. So let me know what ya'll have noticed with your new preggy sims. :)
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yeah they get reaaal fat and I get morning sickness once or twice no matter what trimester I am in. It's funny how they get big right away after they find out. I wonder if you never take the pregnancy test, will the baby remain in limbo until you do?
    • Funny Funny x 1
    MagPie

Origin ID:
    15MagPie15
    Haha or it might be like an episode of that show about the women who didn't know they were pregnant until they gave birth.
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Or the stories we see lately where old women didn't know they had a baby in them until 40 years later lol. Now that was a weird story. I'd have to try that on my next pregnancy.
    Michael

Michael Gypsy

I had no idea Sims had to take a pregnancy test now...
    So is that the end of the lullaby after WooHoo? :bored:
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yes it is. After you try for baby, you click on the stool and an option should show up for a pregnancy test! :D
    • Like Like x 1
    disneygirl

disneygirl

I hear some people get negatives from the pregancy test. I also here different sims are different with how their bodies do pregancy.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Luthien Rising

Luthien Rising

Origin ID:
    luthienrising
    My Sim had to wake up twice in the night to pee during her third trimester. Then the animation and sound during her contractions were so well done that I was tempted to fast forward. Really not that keen on reliving childbirth ...
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    MezzoMetric

MezzoMetric

Origin ID:
    NocturnesRequiem
    I forgot to take the test with my Sim...baby doesn't stay in limbo. There will still be a pop!

I've heard from others that Sims put on baby weight after and it starts getting REALLY noticeable after baby three.

And my Sim only got morning sickness once but didn't throw up. She got pretty huge.
    • Like Like x 2
    MagPie

Origin ID:
    15MagPie15
    Oh that's what else there was! My sim gained so much weight after her first child. And it was hard to take off too. I like this feature quite a bit. I wasn't a fan of the instantly skinny mothers in sims 3.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    Aliea

Aliea

• Like Like x 1
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

OMG I notice that too! Especially when they get to an adult or the older adult stage, they'll have the extra pounds and the ones who had kids, they look like they had kids.

And if you aren't active, it shows too when you are older. I like how realistic it is compared to TS3.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Featherriot

Featherriot

My sim hasnt had morning sickness at all! she felt a little queezy before i took a test. I took one, and then she got her first phase of the stomach.

I've had 3 kids and each one has been a different length and size. my son was HUGE and my two girls were normal.
    • Like Like x 1
    Featherriot

Featherriot

As for first try or not. On the first one I tried a couple of times and the second kid was the first try and the third kid was the first.
    • Like Like x 1
    MagPie

Origin ID:
    15MagPie15
    That's so cool to hear! It must mean that it all varies. Very very cool :)
    • Like Like x 1
    caitlin_abby13

caitlin_abby13

I found that the first time my sim got prego she gained a lot of weight and she never lost it even after birth. But this could have something to do with her lack of exercise. I find it funny though and more like real life :)
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Amber

Amber

Origin ID:
    ForgottenAmber
    Wow, I've played a lot and only had one pregnancy... you guys are fast! LOL

I had a morning sickness mood, but no vomiting and it was only a couple of times. She did put on a lot of weight, but then she's been gaining slowly and I heard that your diet really as an effect. Now I don't know LOL. She is working out more and she's slowly losing that baby fat.

It was first try for her and I may try for another baby but I'm still figuring stuff out and I got the baby glitch :nailbiting: so I'm not sure if it will be too soon.

I did link labor was so much more realistic and OMG the baby sounds are amazing! I swear they recorded a real baby. And mom, she worked right up until labor and as soon as the baby was born she was off to work again LOL. Dad has the hotheaded trait and when I woke him up for a diaper change he got all mad and had to do an anger workout to vent some steam :wideyed:. So realistic!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    strawberrigurl

strawberrigurl

Origin ID:
    strawberrigurl
    I've had two sim children now, both girls. The first pregnancy took on the first try and the stomach grew large gradually. The second daughter took much more effort--like three times and the belly grew instantly big after the pregancy test stated positive. The second belly was also a lot larger than the first. I thought it was multiples. I know your sim can have twins but has anyone found out a way to increase the odds? Used to be watching the kids channel.

As far as gaining weight--definitely. I switched to preparing salads instead of pastas and sent my sim to the gym and the pounds are slowly coming off. Its both frustrating and a relief--like real life. :banghead:
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    MagPie

Origin ID:
    15MagPie15
    My child loved the new baby. It was so previous. He's always at the crib talking to his little brother and that gives him happy moodlets.

I still miss toddlers, but I have actually really enjoyed the babies this time around. And the pregnancies are really interesting to watch. My poor sim though. Haha each of her babies were a five day pregnancy.
    • Like Like x 1
    strawberrigurl

strawberrigurl

Origin ID:
    strawberrigurl
    Haha my first child was sad when the new baby came because she didn't want a sibling. SHe has only gone up to the crib once when the baby was crying. Its really cute.
    • Like Like x 2