1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Master Thief, Bridgeport and Update 1.57

Discussion in 'Technical Problems' started by dawnderee, Sep 11, 2013.

dawnderee

dawnderee

I have one sim who has really given me a fit and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

Perky Carynne is a Bridgeport socialite by day and a master thief by night. She has had more problems than I can even remember now (like sinking in to the police steps which prevented her from going to jail when arrested, refusal to go to work and other random crashes) and I've been forced to reset and/or restart her several times due to bugs or glitches.

Her most recent incarnation was moving along rather smoothly: she completed her business degree, moved to a swankier apartment, and was about to reach the top of her career (I can't remember if she's level 9 or 10 but she has not yet stolen the gem). Then update 1.57 happened and now I can't play her at all. Bridgeport starts to load and then crashes with the error message "The Sims 3 has stopped working" and I'm kicked out. My other sims & towns are working fine.

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? Is a thief in Bridgeport just a bad match? Thanks...
    Jamieleigh Fox

Jamieleigh Fox

Oh, it could be anything unfortunatly. Do you have any mods or CC?
    dawnderee

dawnderee

No, no mods or cc. Someone gave me something to check (a .bad saved file) but I was too busy for computer time last night. Two nights in a row with no Sims is far too long so I'll definitely be playing tonight!