1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

My Hopes For TS4 Expansions - What Are Yours?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Justine, Aug 30, 2014.

Justine

Justine

Origin ID:
    Justehhhhh
    Hi guys!

So I've been thinking a lot about ts4 expansion packs.. and I'm just going to share my hopes and thoughts on ep's in the future, I'd love to hear back on other people's opinions too.

EP's I Don't Want -

- Similar to World Adventures - At first, it was okay.. and quite fun, but after a while it got pretty boring, never minding that it took FOREVER to load a world, I remember once it took about 15 minutes, and I got so bored I quit as soon as it loaded. Doing the same thing there just got boring, and you had to complete something (can't remember what) to actually be able to buy a 'holiday' house in one of the locations.

BUT.. If they do decide to bring something like that back though, I would rather they do it Sims 2 style, going abroad, and being checked into a HOTEL, being able to go into dining rooms and eat there, it was just so fun! I loved it, hotels by the beach etc, and it would be awesome if they combined something like World Adventures AND Island Paradise together, THAT is something I would definitely buy.
    - Into The Future - I didn't buy it. I don't know, it just didn't appeal to me, some of the stuff looked pretty cool, but I wasn't going to spend around £30 for it.

Let's Generally Discuss EP's..

- Now, we all know they'll bring back toddlers.. or at least I'm sure they will, a lot of people are saying they won't buy the game without toddlers (and pools) so they know they'll have to change that, or they might be a little bit screwed. I'm hoping they bring back something like Generations (since that was related to children etc) and bring back toddlers in something like that? Maybe.. I'm not sure.. but I guess that would make sense. (And since we've seen huge dolls houses and huge stuffed animal toys, maybe if they bring out another expansion like generations we'll get more toys.. and better ones! Especially for toddlers, they hardly had any, so I hope they improve on that.

- Pools - Now, with this big 'disaster' of not having pools.. they know how much we are craving them, now I have high hopes for this.. I really do! But if they bring back pools, and decide to do an expansion for it, they need to have more stuff for them! All we have in ts3 is what.. a small waterfall, a lounger inflatable, ladders, a slide, a pool bar, lights and a diving board? (correct me if there's more) but that's hardly anything, maybe if we have some more patience they'll bring out better stuff for pools? Like big inflatables for kids to play on, different types of lounging inflatables (like animal designs for kids?) maybe water parks? stuff like that, if all we have to do is wait a little bit to get more and awesome stuff for pools, I'll wait! Because if they are bringing them back, they've gotta improve on the stuff we get for pools! Or I really doubt I'll use them much at all.

- Ambitions - Now this was mainly getting new jobs that actually involved seeing your sims work and you doing it yourself, now that the world is partially closed.. and there's only a few jobs which you see the sim disappear off screen like ts2.. I feel like we won't get something like ambitions again, maybe they'll replace that with something like an ep for toddlers/pools.

University - I wasn't actually too bothered about this EP, yeah, it was pretty good, but the amount of times I had to go to university to finish the degree got a bit boring, I just done the same thing over and over and over again, the only thing that I personally liked was the new items and getting to be a rebel/jock/nerd. Even though this got annoying sometimes, like, I wouldn't do any jock related activities for a while, and I'd go down a level, and I wouldn't be able to take pictures with other sims etc, that kinda bugged me. I was constantly trying to do things related to all 3 things to keep them all level! Although I did love the new lots that was in the ep.. the coffee shops and bowling alleys, they were awesome, and so I'd like to see it return, maybe a little differently though, because I got a little bored with it in ts3 after a while.. And atleast in ts4 you can actually take pictures with other sims! I love that feature rather than waiting for an expansion to do it!

EP I'd Like To See -

- Seasons - Everyone loved seasons, no doubt about it, we were all dying for it! They'll bring it back, obviously, they have to, but somehow I hope they have the same as ts3, but with some more stuff, not exactly sure what, but they'll have to change it up.
    - Pets - I do love this EP, but the only thing I'd say is that they might need more stuff for the animals, more toys and stuff, because they didn't have much.
    - Late Night - I loved this ep, apart from the whole empty clubs that appeared to be 'the hottest club in town' that was pretty annoying.. now I'm hoping that since there are loading screens in ts4.. if they brought back something similar with nightclubs (since they already have a lounge/bar in ts4 base game) the lots would be more full due to the loading screens, I'd happily wait for that if it meant that when my sim went to a club it was actually full of sims!
    - Supernatural - This was a good ep, but not one of my favourites.

Anyway, I'll stop the thread here, this took me ages to write. :laugh: So, what is everyone's hopes for expansion packs in the future?! :D
    • Like Like x 1
    Nick

Nick

Origin ID:
    Frollo6060
    Open For Business
    Seasons
    Supernaturals
    Island paradise
    University
    Showtime
    And 3 new ep that are new not from sims 3 or 2
    *Edited* OMG I FORGOT OFB
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    Pantagruela

Pantagruela

Origin ID:
    Pantagruela
    I would DIE for seasons pets and supernaturals.. :D I loved these 3. Maybe I would like to see seasons first :) to make the world more "complete"
    Cant wait to get my hands on the game :D
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Luthien Rising

Luthien Rising

Origin ID:
    luthienrising
    Re. that Travel EP idea: I like the hotel and restaurant idea! I'd add an amusement park venue, a beach venue, a historic site venue ... and you could have multiple types of hotels, camping, and very little in the way of residential, because who needs lots of residential when all our worlds are connected? There could be travel-related careers too.

There really needs to be a Family/Legacy EP, for toddlers + all the things Legacy players need. I'd like to see lots of Elder-level gameplay in that, like a seniors' home and seniors' drop-in centre, and careers centred on Education and Child Care.

I'd love to see a Downtown EP combined with an Open for Business style EP, to add self-employment and retail things, as well as apartments, row houses, a downtown-style park (think more concrete and vendors, water fountains to play in, and a concert stage), and low-income/subsidized residential.

I really want a Rural Life EP with farming and vet careers, cows and chickens and field crops, and a country market and country fair.

And I'd pay good money for a College EP that added a world where your Sims could go to university-focused or technical-focuses college full-time or part-time, live on campus or at home or in rental housing, and where Sims who finish college can have new careers that other Sims can't.
    Queen

Queen

Origin ID:
    PuReAnGeL
    Generations (add more hairs, realistic eyelashes!!!!, neck height, forehead height, Toddlers, heights... of course), Open for Business (trading/selling/buying, making items, clothes, cooking, and everything), Architect (more option on stairs, decorated windows/doors, fences, POOLS, etc.. then maybe adding "CASt" I know it's not gonna happen but would be nice to have it for Sims 4) and Superstar (from Sims 1.. I missed the crazy stalkers, celebrities and the photographers)
    • Like Like x 1
    Korvaz

Korvaz

Welp, you guys done said it all for me already. *shrug*
    • Funny Funny x 1
    MezzoMetric

MezzoMetric

Origin ID:
    NocturnesRequiem
    For me, I just need a Generations style something! I do enjoy Seasons and Pets, but they never resonate with me quite as much as being able to see my Sim's family line grow and flourish does. I love looking down the line and seeing how my original Sim's genes have changed. Hopefully the Family Tree makes a reappearance so I can continue to do that.
    Samira

Samira

Origin ID:
    XxAirixX
    I like fun and I like beach places and want an EP that is really packed with stuff.
    New jobs and skills, a nice town, etc.....

Seasons is a most. Holidays, weather with storms that cause power outages for the whole neighborhood and rich sims can by generators. Can bring back Santa. Can carve pumpkins and go trick o' treating, etc.....lightening can start small fires (great for adding firefighters).

I think that they can take some old EPs and really expand on them. Like with Island Paradise, you can start building on water and though you can take that and make like a aquarium with a glass tunnel that is like under water or have water inside it with fish, sharks, etc....swimming around. Also be great for theme parks.

You can combine Bon Voyage and World Adventures that can have different things for different sims to do given their traits. Can incorporate Isla Paradiso and can have places for sims to snorkel, scuba dive, explore caves, tombs, etc....relax on beaches and in hotels (more like resorts), camp, sight see, etc.....it will mix things up a bit more.

Now it is like a semi-open world, I think we can combine Open for Business with Ambitions. With loading screens means less rabbit-holes and more lots. While I don't think every career needs to shown and interactive, it can go well with restaurants, resorts, hospitals (how amazing would it be to have a functional hospital to visit? Would be great for stories and machinimas. Have a janitors closet, x-ray machines, on-call rooms, lobby, patient rooms and curtains you can move. Can give shots to sims, etc....doctors actually have to take care of sims that are sick. Also can have a fire station so fireman can make a comeback and they have to deal with other disasters. That was my favorite career.

I really want to see towns like Isla Paradiso, Bridge Port, Roaring Heights, Midnight Hollow, Aurora Skies, etc....I loved them but they need improved routing. Like maybe more European style towns or just places inspired from all around the world.

A more Hollywood inspired EP for modeling, fashion design, shopping dancing, singing, acting, film, etc....careers. With like a nice theater, red carpets, cameras, lights, etc.....great theme for Roaring Heights but make it like a real city with apartments. We already getting clubs and bars in base game, so maybe bring back limos, hot tubs and have studios. Even planes and helicopters.

I liked Supernatural actually. Nice setting add that Midnight Hollow town.

Pets can include and add more. Like can now have zoos or go on safaris to see wild animals, can have cows, chickens, etc....for farms, etc.....
    Justine

Justine

Origin ID:
    Justehhhhh
    I really do like your ideas! And I'm actually quite curious to see what new towns we'll get in future with expansion packs, because I love how we already get two in the base game, one of them being a lively busy modern-looking town, and a desert town, unlike ts3, where we needed to buy any type of town that was desert like, AND that you can move to another town without losing all your relationships, I can't begin to explain how many times I've lost huge family trees due to moving town! It was SO annoying! (Even though that's not to do with ep's, but I just love that new feature xD)
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Justine

Justine

Origin ID:
    Justehhhhh
    Yeah, exactly! I would absolutely kill to have something like Open For Business back again! I loved that ep SO MUCH. I feel like it would be more possible this time around, and I think it would fit in around apartments too. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!
    Tanena

Tanena

You all have really great idea's :D
    • Like Like x 1
    The Vogel

The Vogel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

I always lean towards Seasons and Pets. those two always make the game feel more complete to me. I would like to have a Stuff Pack for building. More Landscaping, walls, floors, stair variations, ... you get it. I did get a kick out of the whole supernatural EP. I didn't think I would like it....but it added another level of fun to the game I didn't expect.

I would still like to see Pets and Seasons as earlier EP releases instead of later on when they are getting ready to wrap up the game, like they have in the past.;)
    Aesir23

Aesir23

Origin ID:
    Aesir26
    I would love to see something similar to Open For Business or Generations. Although, hopefully there won't be a need for Generations outside of the addition of toddlers but Generations was definitely my favourite expansion because of all of the family based gameplay as well as the introduction of little things like prom, graduation, reading bedtime stories to the child sims, etc.

Another thing I would like to see is maybe a combination of World Adventures and Bon Voyage. I liked exploring the tombs but I also liked the vacation feel of Bon Voyage where you could have your sim check into a hotel and the like.
    Justine

Justine

Origin ID:
    Justehhhhh
    My thoughts are pretty much the same. I feel like they really need to bring Open For Business back.. I played that non-stop. World Adventures was okay.. but I preferred Bon Voyage, maybe they can like combine either those two or something like Bon Voyage and Island Paradise. Although I do feel like if they decide to bring out toddlers with an ep it will probably be similar to Generations.. since that was related to children etc, even though the children's stuff in ts4 looks pretty awesome!
    DFBGamer

DFBGamer

In order: from top to bottom

Pets
    Seasons
    University
    Vacation
    Freetime/Supernatural combined Expansion
    Nightlife (This is kind of a focus in the Base but it could still be expanded on)
    Generations (With Toddlers and Pre-Teens)
    Into the Future
    Open For Business
    Ambitions
    • Like Like x 1
    Aralyne

Aralyne

I'd like a seasons and late night expansions the most - followed closely by a supernaturals one (sorry, but I do love my vampires, witches and werewolves lol).

But yeah, seasons and late night first because weather is awesome and we need more night clubs/pubs/venues than what the S4 base game provides us with.
    • Like Like x 1
    The book thief

The book thief

Origin ID:
    thesims3andtwo
    Seasons , Nightlife(way better than Late Night) , Supernatural, generations.
    Simon Graceffa

Simon Graceffa

Origin ID:
    simongraceffa
    I can't wait for one themed around citylife! With how great my houses on the game look right now, I can't wait for skyscraper shots.

Vampires would be nice, but I hope they don't have that god awful blue skin from ts2 since people didn't like ts3's too much (they were fine to me, besides that crappy ltr that made them sparkle)

I hope they name the blood, BLOOD. Plasma felt too weird to me.

Genarations has to be the most anticipated one for me though. I want the family tree back haha
    Good Sir

Good Sir

Literally, I'd just like to see an option to add/change/remove the ea eyelashes without having to select entirely different eyes. I have a sim right now that was born to a couple, and she's absolutely beautiful, but she was born with the ea eyelashes and I have some really nice eyelash mods that I'd rather see on her. As it stands right now, though, none of the eye options are even close, and all of my attempts to replicate her eye shape has failed miserably.
    Livi

Livi

Origin ID:
    Livbeans
    I honestly think generations because your get new clothes more for kids. Sims four doesn't have the best kid clothing or men. Also kids get to do after school things, prom, and graduate with an actual high school diploma. The sims 3 generations was the best now I would like to see what they would do in sims 4.