1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

My Sims are only having boy babies :(

Discussion in 'Technical Support & Bug Reports' started by *BlairBear*, Sep 8, 2014.

*BlairBear*

*BlairBear*

Origin ID:
    BlairBear76
    My Sims are only having boy babies, I have had 4 different couples have children (5 altogether) now and not one of them has had one girl. Is this a problem anyone else is having?
    Linzy

Linzy

Oh my god yes. I have had boy after boy after boy and I just want one girl!
    Dana

Dana

Origin ID:
    Wigglicious
    So far I have not seen solutions to this prevelant little problem.
    The only thing you can do until a solution/fix is made, is:
    1. Use cas.fulleditmode. to switch the gender of the baby to a girl. BUT I heard it is glitched and resets family ties.

2. Go to town management and click on your house. In the " . . . " menu, select manage houshold>add/remove sims. Then add a sim with 'play with genetics' and make it a girl, that will be a child, not a baby.

Those are the closest options I have to having a 'baby' girl or boy.
    • Like Like x 2
    Korvaz

Korvaz

I did bit of testing and first child was a girl, followed by a boy, then another girl and then another boy.

Strange...
    Dana

Dana

Origin ID:
    Wigglicious
    The game is supposed to have a 50/50 chance for genders. So your game is obviously doing something right.
    However a large chunk of people's games are not functioning with this same concept by any means. :yuck:
    Meline

Meline Dutchie

Origin ID:
    meline134
    I've had both boys and girls in my game.
    It's a 50/50 chance, and even after 3 boys, it stays a 50/50 chance.
    The game doesn't take previous children into account and every baby is a separate 'thing'; your odds on having a girl don't become bigger after having several boys. Just like in real life, you just have to take what you get, I guess!
    Or you know, use the cheat codes :p
    • Like Like x 1
    StaceyG

StaceyG

We need a mod to either choose the baby gender while pregnant or adjust the chances of the sex, something like master controller had for ts3
    Korvaz

Korvaz

Eventually such a tool will come to light. Right now we're without a modder like Twallan so it may/may not be a while before we see a new tool like Master Controller.

The sooner the better, I say!
    • Like Like x 1
    Dana

Dana

Origin ID:
    Wigglicious
    Sims birthing only one gender of children is listed as a known bug by the EA answers HQ tech Crinrict. Not because he immediately felt it was a bug (nor does he probably think so now), but because there was an overwhelming amount of people coming to him and reporting they had to practically max out their households to get girls (and sometimes still failed). And then there weren't even girl children in their towns for their boys to play with. It is supposed to be randomized, but for whatever reason the ratios for some people are terrible.

Someone had 6 boys in their 3rd household which is a 1.5% chance, and their other households ended up being one gender families as well (all girls/all boys) Another player was on their 7TH generation sims of only having boys, not a single girl. The problem also happens, less often, with having all girls.
    ----But then we have people where the randomization is correct and they are having boys/girls within a closer and more accurate/desirable percentile between the genders.

BUT! We all know they story about a Simmer who had boys or girls only, non stop in the Sims 3, and thought her/his game was bugged - until they realized what they had their sims eating (apple pancakes, anyone?) was actually determining the babies genders.
    SO, Perhaps there's still some unknowns here, and players are accidentally prepping themselves to have boys/girls? Although people with the official guide say there seems to be no way to influence it, which is kind of frustrating.
    All in all, I'm just looking forward to a mod to fix these issues that sadly shouldn't be issues to begin with.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    Mandy10588

Mandy10588

Origin ID:
    Mandy10588
    I started off the game with me and my boyfriend married already. I wasted no time and got us pregnant. My boyfriend and I really wanted a girl first since that is what we want in real life too when we have kids. We got a girl. And then proceeded to expand our family. I am up to child 6..... ALL GIRLS! After the 2nd girl we were hoping for a boy.... We originally decided to stop after 5 since we weren't getting the boy we wanted, and it was becoming frustrating... After having read some other forums about this issue, I decided to try one more time to see if I was lucky and got a boy. Nope it was still a girl.... I feel lucky to have gotten girls to begin with since everyone seems to be having all boys..... but it is still frustrating not having a more random mix.... and it isn't easy for my sim and her husband to be raising that many girls. lol.
    KeiraSimmer

KeiraSimmer

Origin ID:
    xkeiraelvyx
    im not sure if this will work for everyone but what i done was where i was having baby boys only, i bought a pink crib and placed it in a room then when she was about to have her baby, i done it in the crib and it was a girl.. try it.
    • Like Like x 1
    Clarawrr

Clarawrr

Origin ID:
    Clarawrr
    • Sims can now influence the gender of their offspring!
    • Like Like x 1