1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Recommended system requirements unveiled

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Lammashta Otaku, Aug 26, 2014.

Lammashta Otaku

Lammashta Otaku

Origin ID:
    LammashtaOtaku
    • Like Like x 1
    Zef

Zef

Origin ID:
    MikeJustesen
    Powerfull Gaming PC - ezpz
    CaptainMauzer

CaptainMauzer

I think that is perhaps the largest jump between "minimum" and "recommended" system requirements I've ever seen. Also it concerns me if they are saying a Geforce 650 is needed to run this game well. I have a 660 and I max out everything that isn't crisis at 1920x1200 running 60fps.

The sims is nowhere near a graphical powerhouse...why is all this power "recommended". Oh well, maybe this will give me a reason to justify purchasing a 770 (I just really want one :cat:)

Also I love that they support 2 (3?) generations of Direct X 11 cards but don't actually support DX11 -_-
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Arachne

Arachne

Origin ID:
    Arachne3003
    What does i5 or faster mean? i5's come at all sorts of speeds.

My machine doesn't meet the new specs because it's only a 32 bit system, and has a 560ti card. :confused:
    Ikam Nitsud

Ikam Nitsud

Origin ID:
    Ikam_Nitsud
    You are gravy for specs. These new specs are recommended. The Minimum still stand. When they say i5 they mean any in that field from i5 to i7. It doesn't matter what the speed cause they only made those processors in certain speeds. It just means you might not be able to play at Ultra High settings with the graphics card you have. But again you should be totally fine.
    • Like Like x 1
    Lammashta Otaku

Lammashta Otaku

Origin ID:
    LammashtaOtaku
    I hope these recommended specs support the ultra-high settings.
    MagPie

MagPie laughs at oddly shaped m&m's

Origin ID:
    15MagPie15
    I think I'm good on everything, except the video card has me a bit worried. I'm not very good with computers, so I don't really know. I have a 570. I hope that'll be good enough. I want pretty graphics.
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    im not Worried i have a 750 Ti
    Korvaz

Korvaz

Video Cards aren't much a problem if your processor is already strong enough.

I'm using an AMD Radeon HD6750 and according to my friend (who has the exact same video card as myself but a stronger processor than mine) it can run a number of games at 60+ FPS. In my situation my processor is so bad it's bottlenecking my video card and limiting its potential.

I have an Intel i5 Quad-Core processor (3.10~ GHz) that I can't even use because my motherboard don't support it and I don't particularly have the funds to upgrade yet. There are several things I plan to upgrade but it'll require a completely newly-built PC as a whole.

You'll be perfectly fine! I wouldn't worry so much if your processor's already good.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    MagPie

Origin ID:
    15MagPie15
    Haha, I didn't get most of that but the very last part. Thanks for easing my worries! :D
    • Like Like x 1
    Sugar Rave

Sugar Rave

Good news for me then, I may only have a Geforce GT 440 but I'm rockin' an i7 processor. Still, it's about 2 years old so maybe it'll be upgrade time soon...
    writer2036

writer2036

The recommended requirements seem less now than they were for The Sims 3. My computer was pretty future proofed when I bought it back in 2012. I intended it to play the most demanding games up to late 2015. I have a ROC Asus Crosshair V Formula 990FX motherboard, AMD 3.6Ghz 8150 8 core cpu (but running it at 3.8ghz), 16 GB of DD3 memory, AMD HD 2GB 7870 Overclocked edition and a Thermaltake Toughpower 875 Watt power supply. So I think Sims 4 should run as smooth as melted butter for me :) I wish everyone else all the best in being able to run the game. Not everyone is wacky enough like me to sink over $1600 AUD on a computer just to play computer games. I guess I just love playing games at max or closest to max settings as I can.
    Michael

Michael Gypsy

I'm not really sure if I'm worried or not. Any experts able to tell me how this compares to The Sims 3? I have all TS3 Expansion and Stuff packs installed and I play on all of the highest settings and it runs extremely well... so will The Sims 4 be alright?
    • Like Like x 1
    MagPie

Origin ID:
    15MagPie15
    I'd like to know this too. :)
    Rethka786

Rethka786

Origin ID:
    Rethka786
    I don't know, my mum says I'll be all right though.
    Charlotte_mays

Charlotte_mays

Origin ID:
    ChoCoLatEPinKIE
    maybe these recommended specs are for if you want to jump to the ultra-high graphics. Because I don't have a NVIDIA graphics card but the Sims 4 Demo runs beautifully on my PC. I've ran it over with this website that scans for compatibility settings and I qualify for the game except for CPU
    Arachne

Arachne

Origin ID:
    Arachne3003
    Yeah, I think so, too, I just thought that was a bit vague. I've got a Core 2 quad 2.4Ghz processor, so it should work okay. I can run the demo at beyond Ultra settings with no problems.

All that said, it's time to upgrade. Gotta start saving for it. I've got such plans...
    • Like Like x 1
    Justine

Justine

Origin ID:
    Justehhhhh
    Mine said it was recommended to upgrade the video card and CPU. But the rest can run it fine. I'm sure it'll be fine for the time being. I can run the sims 3 well, even if my laptop needs a few things upgraded to run it perfectly. :)
    Korvaz

Korvaz

The main issue with TS3 and all of the EPs is that it took so long to load content and the throttled RAM usage (2GB max) hindered playability.

Long story short, TS4 will perform a lot better since there's not a lot going on in the currently-loaded semi-open world neighborhood compared to TS3's true open-world neighborhood.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
    Michael

Michael Gypsy

Oh well that's reassuring to know! Thanks for the help!