1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Sims 4 Graphics Comparison Sims 1 2 3

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Issabella, Feb 17, 2014.

Issabella

Issabella

• Like Like x 1
    Michael

Michael Gypsy

I find this really interesting to look at. When The Sims 4 was first announced/previewed, I thought the graphics looked like a step backwards from what we'd seen with The Sims 3. However, looking at all of these together, I feel like TS4 is actually a step up. The house exterior comparison is the best, even though the Sims 4 screenshot has probably been heavily edited, it still looks nice and detailed.
    • Like Like x 2
    Charmed

Charmed

I felt the same too ARTPOP. I was kind of disappointed in the look. I wanted them to be cartoony but I wanted them to be more realistic or something, but then everyone does not have the most advanced computer in the world. And if your computer is not a gaming computer you shouldn't be prevented from playing.

So I understand...

But yeah that lady up top gets more gorgeous and gets a makeover with each game.
    • Like Like x 1
    thekillers1212

thekillers1212

The sims 4 graphics are AWESOME . Dont forget that those pictures were taken at an early development stage of the sims 4 so final version will look way better ...
    • Like Like x 1
    Sims4Forum

Sims4Forum The Boss Site Owner

exactly, talking of which I need to upgrade my PC. The graphics are beautiful, if Simcity is anything to go by, it'll be stunning when it comes out!
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Same. I want to update my PC too. I am surprised how it is still playing the top games of today with how old it is. It probably has less than a year before it may finally get outdated.

Things are just so beautiful and it'd be nice to play The Sims 4 on full blast.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I'm defiantly looking forward to TS4's graphics. they seem so much better than TS3. I'm curious to what the custom content will be like.
    Stache

Stache

Lol TS1 looks so bad. I like TS4 graphics, it reminds me TS2.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    They are! They've come a long way.
    Issabella

Issabella

More comparisons...............................................

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sims4Forum

Sims4Forum The Boss Site Owner

The graphics aren't amazingggggg... but they'll do. I guess they couldn't have went full next-gen on the Sims 4 as most peoples PC's wouldn't be able to handle it.
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

Yeah The Sims was made to not be too demanding since most people do not have a gaming pc. But I like how this time it looks like they got their own very unique faces and stuff.
    dawnderee

dawnderee

I like most of the graphics in the Sims 4 except for the hair for some reason. Looks rubbery and reminds me of an old Ken doll (Barbie's boyfried) LOL. I agree with others that houses have improved significantly.
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    They're so much smoother! I love it I don't care if they're more cartoony it's not all glitched up and awkward.
    • Like Like x 1
    thekillers1212

thekillers1212

Despite ts4 sims being cartoony i find them more realistic than sims in ts3 . And the lightning improvements bring to the game a whole new aspect never seen before , which i love . People have to stop complaining about the new art style of the sims 4 .these pics really show the differences between the previous generations , and the ameliorations made to the game are very promising .
    • Like Like x 1
    EmeraldCobra

EmeraldCobra

Sims 4 Cartoony graphics make them look awesome IMO it amazing how the fans say it wrose then sims 2 but when u look side by side They are wrong
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I completely agree! Although they could have done better with the hair, but I say that about all generations.
    • Like Like x 1
    simmadness

simmadness

I love everything so far about TS4. Fall seems so far away, too more seasons!
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Hopefully time will just fly by.
    Gigi

Gigi The Boss Site Owner

At first I was hoping they looked realer, but now I am fine with their looks. I like it a lot! If they looked too real, the game may be less fun and people may think of it as more serious.

I wish TS4 can release during the summer. :( Why does it have to release when school is back in so I can hardly enjoy it!