1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Sims 4 has such little improvements for such a long wait and to pay good money for.

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Oliver, Aug 26, 2014.

Oliver

Oliver

Is it just me or has Sims 4 gone down hill rather than give the user something to look forward to.

At first seeing all the new AI I was thinking this is really awesome then started thinking realistically.. I never play on normal speed therefore all their AI changes are irrelevant for me and was a complete waste of time.

Removing the Toddler feature from Sims 3 was just incredibly stupid, Having the toddler stage made me think the game was ever so slightly more advanced yet they don’t even add it in the NEWER GAME but just makes you think they’ve removed the toddler stage/pools etc which were on Sims 3 so they could add some terrible AI which aren’t much greater than Sims 3 anyway?!

They provide you a phone which allows you to communicate with Sims, look for a job, play games which defeats the object of buying a computer/watching tv etc.

All they have added is a really cool new building functionality which I honestly do love but other than that you may as well stick to Sims 3 as I feel you get more out of it. Such a SHAME was looking forward to this bloody game.
    • Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    sky_beauty95

sky_beauty95

I like the new cell phone option. If you're just starting the game you might not want to spend money on a computer. It's not the Sims 3 so you should stop comparing the two. The Sims 3 has plenty of expansion packs and stuff packs and this will just be a base game. I'm sure because of high demand that they'll add toddlers. There are also a lot of new additions. I think the clothing options in the demo were MUCH better than the ones in the Sims 3 base game and that's just a demo. The emotions and multitasking are also cool. Sims can now also walk threw narrow spaces instead of just standing there complaining. You have to remember that it's just a base game.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    Tanena

Tanena

I remember when people were complaining about Sims 3 when it came out and I swear its the same people lol...Look the game isn't even playable yet...we don't know what to expect ...in all fairness at least give it a chance. From what I've seen I like it looks interesting and I will love building again more so than ever before. Some things were taken out and some new things were put in....I think for a BASE game this is great....but bashing the game and your not even playing it that's not really fair... after seeing the live stream today for me I'm convinced I will have some excellent play time ...Sept 2nd is not that far away...
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Bowl of Petunias

Bowl of Petunias

I don't quite understand why people keep thinking they willingly removed things or replaced them with newer features. And, even if they did "remove" them, don't you think they'd add them back in later on, especially with such high demand for it? This isn't a step back from the Sims 3. It's a slightly delayed step forward, just because they were short on budget and time.

You can't expect a company to give you everything you ever wanted; that's unrealistic and selfish. I would rather have them focus on prioritizing new features, making the game a newer and better iteration, rather than having them stuck on the same old formula, not taking any risks whatsoever and making a copy of the Sims 3. That would be bland and unoriginal, especially when they've a new engine to do all these wonderful things with. And with a new engine, they can't just copy and paste, though I don't suspect that was ever an option. They have to learn how to do things, code things in, make things work without breaking the entire game and that takes a lot of time, effort, and money to do. So, of course things needed to be prioritized over others and some things needed to be cut entirely to keep within time and budget, as well as keep the game from breaking and having to start over again.

There are certain things we'd love to see in the base game, but until they can find efficient and less costly means of doing so, we'll have to be grateful for what they can do. And don't judge the AI after seeing a few videos of an alpha/beta from a few months ago. Those videos, despite being recently posted, are usually months old due to legalities barring people other than Maxis/EA from posting new footage. Of course the company doesn't want anyone knowing everything; that would ruin the surprise and the freshness. Even from what I've seen from other users, the AI seems to be leagues better than anything from past iterations of the Sims. I will take that over any of the cut features any day. Hell, I'll take CAS and the new Build/Buy mode over any of the cut features.

You can complain about the game when you get a good impression of it and so far, none of us have a really good impression of it because we've not the chance to actually play it. I'm holding out and I've got high hopes that this will be a fantastic game. This is my opinion and you can take that as you will, but, if I were to give you any advice, I'd say to wait and see. People will be all over this game, reviewing and scrutinizing it for everything it is and some may not have a solid basis for their negativity and some may. The same goes for anything positive said. There's always going to be a problem, but I'm confident enough in Maxis that their pros will outnumber their cons. Call me a sheep or EA fanboy, but know I have my taste in games and Maxis, so far, has hit the nail on the head.

Plus, I think EA's gone pretty far from being considered the worst company in the world. But that's an opinion, as I have no evidence of that. I may be biased because I adore Bioware so much and EA bought them out a while ago, but eh, an opinion isn't anything more than a personal sentiment.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    WatchSparks

WatchSparks

Origin ID:
    Watchsparks1
    I LOVED the live stream today, I was never one to build home in any of the games, I was more into just decorating. From seeing it in the live stream as well as other videos I am pretty in love lol the build tools looks great, versatile, and allow you to get way into it.
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Justine

Justine

Origin ID:
    Justehhhhh
    I think the game looks beautiful, no matter what. Yes, not having toddlers or pools in the base game hit people hard, but not for me. Pools, eh, I don't use them that much, they got boring after a while. Toddlers, didn't like them too much, always aged them up quickly to get the stage out of the way, haha! But anyway, they will put them back in the future, because they know how many want it back, and they know how sales will probably go down quite a bit if they don't give the fans what they want so badly. Bedsides, think of it in a good way, if we WAIT, they'll probably bring out an expansion pack for them, and they'll probably give us more stuff related to them, maybe waterparks, more activities/toys for toddlers, pool inflatables, and whatnot. :D I'm pretty excited, I'm sure they'll do the right thing. :)