1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

Sims 4 Release Date for Mac / Compatibility with OSX Mavericks, Yosemite or Mountain Lion

Discussion in 'Technical Support & Bug Reports' started by CookieMonster17, Aug 17, 2014.

CookieMonster17

CookieMonster17 V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

As well as my gaming pc, i'd really like to install The Sims 4 on my mac, I know everyone is unsure at the moment when or not it will become available on Mac or OSX but I was wondering if anyone knows how long it took for the Sims 3 to become available on Mac after the base games release? And should we expect to wait the same amount of time with The Sims 4?

More people use Macs these days, and it'd make sense to release it on OSX this time around.
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    Im sure EA will Task Aspyr to make a Mac Port of sims 4.
    Peter Dan

Peter Dan

I asked Aspyr on Twitter. They retweeted me. "We did Sims 2 but Sims 4 is ALL EA."
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    Well i guess a Small team at Maxis is making a Mac Port of sims 4.
    Peter Dan

Peter Dan

Small Team probably more like one person. I don't buy the band-aid from both EA and Aspyr came up with.
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    Well Remember Sim city (2013) the mac port was Released months after the PC Version.
    Peter Dan

Peter Dan

I didn't buy Sim City at all. Do you know what I meant by the band aid??
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    Look im sure The Mac port of sims 4 Will be better than sims 3.
    Peter Dan

Peter Dan

The source: http://www.popherald.com/news/2014/...rs-waiting-for-sims-4-mac-version-launch.html
    Electronic Arts and Aspyr team up to give Mac users a band-aid while they wait for the Sims 4 Mac version.
    It’s no secret that Sims fans with Mac as their main computer are not happy with the decision of Electronic Arts and Maxis to indefinitely postpone the launch of the Sims 4 Mac — and so Aspyr Media is “to the rescue” at least for the time being with the launch of the Sims 2 package with set of expansion with price tag of $29.99.

In addition to bringing back the classic hit, Aspyr also added some tweaks tailor-made for the Mac OS X ecosystem including full support for Retina display — and this feature is for people with MacBook Pro with Retina, and iMac users with 1080p display. Aspyr also promises better performance with new renderer engine. Aspyr Media is known for porting some of the top PC titles including Sid Meier’s Civilization, SimCity 4, Rollercoaster Tycoon and more — excluding the new SimCity because EA has decided to exclusively sell the game via its Origin suite.

The Sims 2 package includes expansion like University, Pets, Nightlife, Open for Business and the “stuff.”

_______________________________________________________________________________________

The Source: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/08/08/sims-2-super-collection-mac-app-store/

As Electronic Arts is gearing up to release the PC version of Sims 4 on September 2 , the latest installment in its iconic life simulation game, Aspyr Media has now released the ultimate Sims 2 collection pack on the App Store.

Featuring all of the content from the original game, in addition to six expansion packs and three ‘Stuff Packs’ never before packaged together, The Sims 2: Super Collection can be exclusively purchased through the Mac App Store as a $29.99 digital download.

The game has been rewritten from the ground up with modern hardware in mind, featuring a new renderer and support for native resolutions. As a cherry on top, you can import a neighborhood from SimCity 4 Deluxe, play around with custom content via the ‘Body Shop’ and much more…

The download includes the following The Sims 2 expansion packs and Stuff Packs:

• Expansions
      • University
      • Nightlife
      • Open for Business
      • Pets
      • Seasons
      • Bon Voyage
    • Stuff Packs
      • Family Fun Stuff
      • Glamour Life Stuff
      • Happy Holiday Stuff
    Aspyr writes:

In The Sims 2: Super Collection, take your Sim from cradle to grave through life’s greatest moments. Create your own houses, neighborhoods, Sims, and even family dynasties — then watch it all come to life.

You may choose to manage your Sims so they experience the rewards of a life well lived. Of course, you may also choose to neglect their needs, indulge in their fears, and see what happens. The possibilities are endless.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
    This is how I see it:

Sims 1= Horse Carriage.
    Sims 2=Model T.
    Sims 3= Trailer
    Sims 4= Used Trailer not yet repaired.

I start to thinking that EA is Wario, Maxis is Waluigi, Aspyr is Toad, EA think the PC users are Marios. While EA think that MAC users are Luigis. Our Money is the Princess Peach.
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    Well the Mac port is out did you Try it.
    Sims4Forum

Sims4Forum The Boss Site Owner

^^^ what he said. We're all waiting to see what @Peter Dan has to say :p
    Gazz

Gazz If it move don't kill it just freeze it

Haven't bought it yet but from what i can see its just The Sims 4 were playing now on PC
    Gazz

Gazz If it move don't kill it just freeze it

What it says in this Post can't be right? For one the Expansions? I get all my info off the main Sims 4 site says nothing about anything in this form ?? Yes i checked and the info in this reply is 100% wrong. Click this link --> http://www.thesims.com/mac
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Mr-DarkSami

Mr-DarkSami

I'ts available now on Mac's but i think that on windows the game will run better ^^
    Peter Dan

Peter Dan

I get virus when I used Windows & Dell computers. I just need where to I need to go to find if I had enough GB?
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    Look the mac port is out just be happy you dont have to use bootcamp anymore.