1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

SleepyD2k Guides - The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Basics

Discussion in 'The Sims 2 General Discussion' started by SleepyD2k, Jul 15, 2014.

SleepyD2k

SleepyD2k

Origin ID:
    CanelaCaliente/SweetieTreats
    I received the email below:

Dear Origin gamer,

Your current version of The Sims 2 will lose technical support on July 22, 2014. We want you to have the most up-to-date version of The Sims 2 in your collection, so you will see a brand new addition to your Origin library: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

This is the most up-to-date version of The Sims 2 and the version that is still supported by Origin. It also features a lot more content than you may already have in your current version of The Sims 2.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection will appear in your Origin library automatically. You'll need to download and install it to your computer to play it.

You're free to continue playing your existing version of The Sims 2, but please note that it is an older edition of the game that will soon lose technical support. To continue receiving support on your progress of The Sims 2 — including Sims characters, houses, etc. — you will need to transfer your save files of The Sims 2 to the Ultimate Edition. To learn more about backing up your data, please visit http://help.ea.com/en/article/backing-up-your-sims-2-files/.

Once you've migrated your Sims' lives to The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, you can better organize your Origin game library by hiding your previous version of The Sims 2. Click on the tile for The Sims 2 in your Game Library for the option to hide it. If you need additional directions, we've got you covered.

Thanks for your continuing passion for The Sims.

— Team Origin

The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition FAQ https://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-2-ultimate-collection-faq/

I got an email saying I would get a copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, but I can’t find it in my library?
    The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is going out to gamers right now. Everyone who had a digital copy ofThe Sims 2 will find the Ultimate Collection in their library within the next 5 days. Just log in to Origin and visit your My Games library. Note: If you have an EP/SP on Origin you are fine. If you have The Sims 2 Store Edition, you won't receive it because that was a client and not a part of the game.

I hear that you are no longer supporting The Sims 2. What does that mean?
    Going forward, EA will no longer be providing any new content or making any additional technical updates to The Sims 2. If you have a problem with your game, you are of course still welcome to contact us here at EA Help.

How do I get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?
    The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is being given out to any gamer who purchased and registered a digital version of The Sims 2.

I didn't get an email but I want a copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.
    Any gamer who has purchased and registered a digital copy of The Sims 2 on Origin will receive the Ultimate Collection. If you can’t find your copy, please contact a Game Advisor for help.

What does The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection contain?
    The Ultimate Collection includes The Sims 2, as well as every single The Sims 2 expansion pack and stuff pack. It also contains some content from The Sims 2 Store.

How do I remove the old version of The Sims 2 from my game library?
    Just right-click on the old tile for The Sims 2 game and select hide tile.

More Answers to FAQs

How do I get the Ultimate Collection if I have the retail copy?
    Contact EA support at: http://eahelp.ea.com/en/. Be prepared to provide them your game codes, a picture of the game codes, or information on The Sims 2 account you registered your games on. If you try to register your games through the Origin client, they will not register. A game advisor will add the Ultimate Collection to your Origin. If you can't get the help you need, try again with a different advisor.

Where do I go for technical support for The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?
    For technical support, you can contact EA customer service or visit: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2/bd-p/the-sims-2. Technical support is only available to players with The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection installed. Please do not post your game codes or other personal information on EA Answer HQ. They won't be able to help you get your code registered or add The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to your account.

Do I need to patch The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?
    Yes. To patch your The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, right click on the box art and click on "Check for Updates". Do not install the older updates to the game.

Should I uninstall my disk version of the game and install The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?
    Yes, if you want the entire collection in digital form. Do not install both the retail and Ultimate Collection on the same computer.

Is The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection compatible with previous versions of The Sims 2?
    No. The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and the previous versions of The Sims 2 are not compatible. This includes expansion and stuff packs.

How big is The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?
    It is 12.57GB.

Can you use Origin in Game for The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?
    Yes.

Will The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection have patches?
    Yes. To check for patches, right-click on the game case photo and select "Check for Updates" to ensure your game is up-to-date.

Can I install my store content and preorder rewards?
    No. The game is not compatible with the old version of store content and preorder rewards. If you do install them, it will be at your own risk.

Can I install mods?
    Check with the mod creators to see if they are updated and compatible.

Will The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection have support?
    Yes, it will have basic support from Origin.

Where do I go for updated information on The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?
    You can visit the Origin website or you can watch this thread. I will be posting updated information as I receive it.

Can I play The Sims 2 Ultimate Edition on a laptop with an integrated graphics card?
    Yes, depending on the card but you may not be able to play on the higher settings.

Why does it say "Fun With Pets" when I load up the game instead of Ultimate Collection?
    Fun with Pets was the last game released so the splash screen reflects this. They may fix the splash screen on the next update.

Why does my game get stuck on the splash screen the first time I load it up?
    The first time your load up the game, the game has to create new folders. This may cause you to get stuck on the splash screen for 10+ minutes. Don't worry, your game will load. If you game does not load in 30 minutes or it crashes, please contact EA for further assistance.

More information on the The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2...ion-Updated-for-disc-owners-July/td-p/3136184

At this time, all Origin customers who had previously registered their copy of The Sims 2 should now have the newly remastered The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection in their Origin My Games library.

We know that there are a lot of fans of The Sims who may not have had their copy of the game registered on Origin, and we want to reward The Sims fans for their incredible loyalty and commitment to the franchise.

As a result, we are developing an easy way for any eligible customer who owns a physical disc copy of The Sims 2 to upgrade easily to the new Ultimate Collection edition. We will update this article on or before Wednesday July 23 at 10am PT, with detailed instructions on what you need to do to get your own copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

Latest updates:
    Because you’re a passionate The Sims 2 player, we’re making The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection available free of charge to download to your Origin library. To add the game, just follow these steps:

1. Start by downloading and installing Origin. If you already have Origin you can skip to step 3.
    2. Not an Origin member? Create a free Origin Account to get in the game.
    3. Launch Origin and log into your Origin Account.
    4. From the ‘Games’ tab in the Origin menu, select ‘Redeem Product Code’ and enter the code
      I-LOVE-THE-SIMS
    If you’re already an Origin member, you can also redeem your code online. Just visit the Origin code redemption page and log in to your Origin Account. Then enter I-LOVE-THE-SIMS in the ‘Product Code’ field.

Thanks for being a passionate The Sims fan, and enjoy your copy of The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

This code will available for redemption until July 31st, 2014 at 10AM PDT.

The Sims 2 Code Activation issues

We are currently investigating the code activation issues that some players are experiencing when they attempt to load The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection for the first time. Please be aware that support lines are currently at maximum capacity, so you will experience longer than average wait times.

Thank you for your patience

The Sims 2 Code Activation issues

This issues should be fixed by now. Please try to install and open your game again.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    SleepyD2k

SleepyD2k

Origin ID:
    I just got off the phone with EA's customer support. The Ultimate Collection is supposed to have all EPs and SPs and all you need to get it is to have the base game, an EP, or an SP linked to your Origin account. The game will be updated to work with the newer operating systems. Hopefully EA has also fixed some of the bugs in the game that were not fixed after the last SP came out.

When you get ready to download the Ultimate Collection, you will need to backup your save games. Then you will need to uninstall the older version of The Sims 2 from your computer. After that, you will need to download and install the Ultimate version.

After the 22nd, the physical copies and older digital copies will no longer be supported by EA. If you want to have the Ultimate collection added to your Origin account on or after the July 22nd and you have physical copies, you will need to contact Origin's technical support. They can't add the physical copies of the game to your Origin account at this time.
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    so when is Ultimate Collection of sims 2 Coming out.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    SuperZino

SuperZino

So, if I'd buy The Sims 2 on Origin now, I'd get the Ultimate Collection to replace it? Or am I misunderstanding something? :wideyed:
    SleepyD2k

SleepyD2k

Origin ID:
    You can't buy The Sims 2 on Origin. This is for people who already have a base game, EP, or SP registered on Origin. They are dropping support for the older disk and digital versions. If you have a physical copy, you will need to contact customer support with a valid product code on or after July 22nd.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    SuperZino

SuperZino

Aaah okay I get it. Thanks! :D
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    I still want it To Be sold on Origin.
    Duwsh

Duwsh

I'm currently contacting EA Advisors about registering my games, I've wanted to do this for a few weeks now!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    V12creator

V12creator

Sims2 once was sold in origin, but i belive they took it out so people dont realise how awfull TS3 got to be and started buying the older and cheaper ,yet better, Thesims2 instead and so, resulting in a lack of sales and decreasing profit.
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    Duwsh

Duwsh

I just got The Sims 2 double deluxe for free so... Good day for me.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    V12creator

V12creator

Enjoy. You should get all EPs if you can :D.
    I am with my computer once more, but i need to fix the DVD drive before i can play Thesims.
    Dave

Dave

I don't understand why people flame TS3, I did and still do love it. If your computer can pull of all the EPs and SPs with Max Graphics (Something rare I do know) then it's amazing.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    SuperZino

SuperZino

I found The Sims 2 for €2,- today! So I have to wait until the 22nd to register it through customer support and get the Ultimate Edition? :)
    Duwsh

Duwsh

I agree, my brother has the best graphics card I know and we installed The Sims 3 and all EP's and SP's onto his computer and the game is amazing!
    • Like Like x 2
    SuperZino

SuperZino

To reply to my own question ( :) ), I just called customer support and now I have The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection! :D
    Duwsh

Duwsh

So you actually have it? and can play it? I thought we had to wait until 22nd?
    SuperZino

SuperZino

It's downloading right now. I'll let you know. ;)
    PS. They had to create a new registration code for me, since I got the oldest version of the base game and those codes are no longer supported. So maybe that's why I got it straight away; they just gave me a direct code to the Ultimate Collection.
    Duwsh

Duwsh

I didnt even have the base game and the guy only gave me the Double Deluxe :/ weird, I'm gonna contact them again now.
    SuperZino

SuperZino

Good luck! :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1