1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

SmartSim Engine?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by zldixon, Aug 27, 2013.

zldixon

zldixon New Member

"During Sims Camp and the EA Press Conference, Maxis confirmed that The Sims 4 is being built on an all new Game Engine, and is coupled with the all new “SmartSim“ Technology. You need not fear that any old ways are part of this new series.'"

Have you guys heard anything about this? It sounds like a sales gimmick
    Jamieleigh Fox

Jamieleigh Fox

NoooOOoooo. I remember when Skyrim's engine was compared to Oblivion's (and that is some age between those games). I hope it's gonna be like that. Brand new engine :lol: I am so happy :)
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    I haven't heard of it, but I'm not sure if it is a gimmick.
    smis

smis

what is that actually?
    zldixon

zldixon New Member

>_< a sales gimmick is something they tell you to get you more interested in buying the game.
    Melik

Melik New Member

Correct me if I'm wrong on somethings, but I think it has something to do with the games interactions themselves. It supposedly improves them and makes the sims behave more realistically and naturally. Like the sims ability to multitask. Producers made sure that The Sims 4 "supported group behavior," and create "more believable social situations." Giving it a more natural feel to it rather than the previous games. "It's more strategic." So the sims will be able to cook and converse with the group that may be sitting at the table , or talk to one another while one sim is on the treadmill and the other is bench-pressing. They can form a relationship, fulfill social needs and also gain a bit of skill all at once. They can double fist drinks as well. My favorite part was when I read that the sims can "navigate through narrow gaps and doorways without causing a blockage. Honestly I don't think it will be very much different than The Sims 3 interactions, but there will be some great improvements in The Sims 4.
    leemone

leemone

I think it's certain that games engine was changed. How could they create better game with more possibilities and less bugs without it?
    This with bugs is my ''boody hope'' that my computer won't refuse the game after installation^^'.
    • Like Like x 1
    Rikizza

Rikizza

Blabbababaabalaba
    plumdrop

plumdrop Sadistic Simmer

Origin ID:
    sourdime
    Try to refrain from saying things that do not help the threads, it really is pointless I don't mean to be rude.