1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

The Ballad of EA

Discussion in 'Video Games Discussion' started by pollichops, Sep 13, 2014.

pollichops

pollichops

Origin ID:
    pollichops
    I enjoy TS4, but I still can't help like EA over-promised and under-delivered again. The game works great, but feels... empty? I don't know know.

Here's my thoughts on the matter...

What do you think about EA's track record for these kind of things?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Dana

Dana

Origin ID:
    Wigglicious
    To put it simply, I think many feel their track records are not that good for the awards they get at the end of the race.:greedy: However what they do with some of their games is no doubt unique, which keeps people buying and buying for the experience, even though in the end that experience isn't quite what some think EA was promising them.

I however think Sims 4 had some very... 'experimental?' new ideas inputted where they have stayed generally non-daring and safe over the years- and which replaced old ideas that some people didn't want to see replaced. Instead of looking at it as a new game they look at it as 'it should be the old game but on steroids'. To me the Sims 3 was already the Sims 2 on steroids- there's only so much you can pile on to the same thing before you should start from a fresher approach and dump some old ideas out. As the say- out with the old, in with the new. And besides, if you feel the base game is a little empty- 1. You just got done playing Sim's 3 that has 50 thousand expansions, packs, CC, etc. Obviously it feels empty in comparison to that. Maybe when expansions come out it will have a lot more to offer. (Even though it sucks that expansion packs can be so pricey sometimes, because I am a poor working woman living pay-check to pay-check :yuck:). I actually think that if they do get around to making Sims 5, it will be nice to combine what they found to be the Sims 3 and Sims 4's most liked features into one game- plus new features obviously.

I have little input on their other games. I loved Dead Space :inlove: but the rest I don't play/didn't care for.
    • Agree Agree x 1