1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

The Custom Content I Downloaded Doesn't Show Up In The Game D:

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by coffee_princess174, Jun 1, 2015.

coffee_princess174

coffee_princess174

After having The Sims 4 for a while now, I decided to install custom contents. I have followed the instructions on how to install CC and I even made sure that the resource.cfg file is inside the Mods folder. Then, I start the game and the only CC that showed up is the Skins mods and the other CC I have installed for example, eyes, hair and make up, they didn't show up although at the start of the game, they listed all the mods I have installed. Doesn't that mean that the game detected the CCs?
    Chany Philly

Chany Philly

Origin ID:
    chanyphilly
    They could be dodgy files depending on where you're getting them from. Some custom content I downloaded in the past was fine until I extracted it and expected it to be there and it wasn't.
    coffee_princess174

coffee_princess174

Do you have a good recommendation of sites where I can download Sims 4 Custom Content? By the way, I downloaded those CCs from TSR, which is where I always find good qualities of mods for the past Sims series, aside from MTS.
    Hanay

Hanay

Origin ID:
    lilhxox
    They are an okay download if after you have extracted it it says .package at the end of the file
    Chany Philly

Chany Philly

Origin ID:
    chanyphilly
    Those sites are the only ones I would use myself, so their files should be genuine enough as you say. What a puzzler! :confused:
    Hanay

Hanay

Origin ID:
    lilhxox
    I only use TSR I did use another site once for downloading Disney princess dresses but they downloaded fine and hasnt done anything to my laptop or game but I wouldn't use it all the time
    coffee_princess174

coffee_princess174

Yeah, all of the files that I have extracted from their RAR/Zip have .package at the end of their name
    coffee_princess174

coffee_princess174

I know right? I trust TSR since they have good content plus there are so many awesome Creators there :D
    coffee_princess174

coffee_princess174

That's awesome :O How did you do it? I mean, how did you install the CCs so that they'll show up in game? The CCs I installed just doesn't show up in the game... I hope you can tell me the way to install CCs in detail :D
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Clarawrr

Clarawrr

Origin ID:
    Clarawrr
    Sometimes the CC I download is hard to find in CAS.
    Most CC clothes are just current sims clothes that have been altered, so that means the pair of lingerie undies you downloaded might be hiding under a thumbnail that looks like boring gym shorts. I don't know if you're already familiar with that situation or not, but I'd give it a reeeaaaallll in depth close look in CAS.
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Hanay

Hanay

Origin ID:
    lilhxox
    I just youtubed it and my fav sims 4 youtuber vixella has a video on how to do it but you need a file unzip programme like winrar or winzip, I use winzip but they are both the same really
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    coffee_princess174

coffee_princess174

Nah, I haven't tried to download clothes and I'll try to do that because they might appear, who knows. LOL. But the CC that I download were just some make up and hair stuff and I did search for them thoroughly, to be honest. But they are nowhere to be found... Do I have to update Sims 4 through Origin in order to make it work like Sims 3?
    • Useful Useful x 1
    coffee_princess174

coffee_princess174

I do have WinRar and also 7zip though I only need one of them... I have been using them since I played TS2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Clarawrr

Clarawrr

Origin ID:
    Clarawrr
    The makeup/brows/freckles/etc you downloaded may be even harder to find... it may only show up under certain outfits (ie formal, athletic, everyday etc) so when you go to check that stuff, click the 'x' in the sort area so it shows everything.
    Also, the stuff might only appear if you're in CAS under FULLEDITMODE, as they may been been written as root facial features instead of changeable ones.
    I don't know if that was confusing, haha but if so, let me know and I'll do better to explain :)

I would download a shirt or hairstyle if I were you, install it, run REPAIR GAME in Origin, and then play sims to see if you can find the shirt or hair (some easier to find CC). That way at least you'll know if they're working for you period.
    Good luck!
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    coffee_princess174

coffee_princess174

Oh so it is possible for that to happen? I haven't tried to click the 'x' yet so that might solve the problem :D Modding in Sims 4 is quite difficult, I guess? Since it is still brand new :O
    By using the cas.fulleditmode cheat?
    It is alright :D You did a great job in explaining this stuff! ^_^

I did download a couple of hairstyles but they didn't show up, I haven't run Repair Game in Origin though, I guess I'll try to do that too. I'll update to you if it works or not.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Suuzle

Suuzle

I have the same problem. I can't find it anywhere. Does someone have a solution?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Suuzle

Suuzle

I don't see any x in the sorting area!
    SimsMusume

SimsMusume

I have a solution ;) Make sure laptop mode is off. Turn graphics quality to custom, and turn sims to very high. Then, close your sims and re-open the game. It should work. Hope I helped.

EDIT: Unfortunately, this only works with hair and makeup. I can't get clothing to show up. ;(

EDIT xD: I am close to finding a solution, so hold onto your hats, SimsMusume will find a solution! xD :D
    EnchantedPuppy Plays

EnchantedPuppy Plays

Origin ID:
    AngelTheQT
    I turned the quality to custom and turn sims very high but that didnt work im using CAS and people on youtube have done videos aboiut having CC on CAS but still didnt work so does anybody have a different solution :(:confused: