1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

The first possible EP?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by Meline, Dec 18, 2014.

Meline

Meline Dutchie

Origin ID:
    meline134
    The Sims facebook pages have shared this image:

[​IMG]

More information on Friday.

Could this possibly be a camping EP?
    • Like Like x 1
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    Nope its a Game pack.
    Meline

Meline Dutchie

Origin ID:
    meline134
    Meaning?
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    its doesn't count as a EP its more like DLC.
    Tanena

Tanena

Sounds interesting the whole camping thing but ...Ok Im getting confused whats the difference between a DLC and a EP? ...I know DLC is "Downloadable Content" and EP "Expansion Pack"...does one have less than the other? lol What's the different someone explain it to me please :D...cause either way with DLC or EP Im still going to be downloading lol
    Sugar Rave

Sugar Rave

This particular one is kinda like a digital only stuff pack with a world and some new gameplay features.

So basically, a stuff pack plus some things we never used to get in stuff packs aside from High End Loft Stuff (that I'm aware of, I started with TS3 officially) and a brand new game world which we only used to get in full expansion packs!
    Meline

Meline Dutchie

Origin ID:
    meline134
    SimGuru Grant has explained a lot about this on here:
    http://www.thesims.com/news/ts4-gp0...01-announceblog-tw&cid=32361&ts=1419016124879

Copied into this thread for your convenience:

Just what Is a Game Pack?
    DECEMBER 19 BY SIMGURU GRANT
    I have been working with members of The Sims 4 team on something fun. I am excited to share it with you all, as I know it’s going to allow you to tell even more unique and wonderful stories with your Sims.

Two words. Game Pack. What is a Game Pack you ask? Game Packs are unique to The Sims 4. Our first Game Pack - The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat - will be coming out in January 2015, but before we talk about that, let’s talk about what a Game Pack is.

About nine years ago, during The Sims 2 days, we introduced Stuff Packs to The Sims franchise to change up the way you could customize your Sim stories. Stuff Packs were focused on a specific theme and included clothing, hairstyles, furniture and décor.

For The Sims 4, we wanted to continue that tradition while giving you even MORE opportunities to craft the stories you want, since a Game Pack provides new gameplay features, new objects and new clothing based around one central theme. Being able to expand your gameplay through a Game Pack allows us to give you some of the things you’ve been asking for and it’s something we are really excited about.

So, what can you expect from the first Game Pack in early 2015? Well, you’re going to take your Sims to Granite Falls to visit and explore an all-new destination. The woods are packed with gameplay possibilities. Campfire songs, weenie roasts and bear costumes, oh my!

So there’s a little tasty news to chew on, keep an eye out for more!

Later, Simmers!

-SimGuru Grant
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Sugar Rave

Sugar Rave

I like where this is going. Previously we had lots of issues where we wanted stuff but if it didn't fit into a full expansion, stuff pack or store set it just didn't get made. Personally I wanted stuff like fencing/swordplay as a sport which almost came back for that one venue but after that vote was held there never was another chance. Who knows with this new system?
    Meline

Meline Dutchie

Origin ID:
    meline134
    It does open up a whole new world of possibilities.
    I've read an article where one of the simguru's talked about how they wanted to create a wide variety of these game packs, and with that enable each players to customize the game to how they want to play.
    Tanena

Tanena

Thanks for the Info Meline :D
    Tanena

Tanena

Oooo Look.