1. Do you want Unlimited Mod and Skin downloads, Access to ALL premium/paid mods, No Delay Between Downloads, No Ads, a Blog, LOADS of site benefits and more! For one small monthly fee! Starting from $6.99 p/m - ✭ Join our Sims 4 V.I.P Club Here ✭ & Find out more about V.I.P here

What about cars?

Discussion in 'The Sims 4 General Discussion' started by SuperZino, Jul 14, 2014.

SuperZino

SuperZino

I hardly hear anyone about cars in TS4. So, has it been confirmed they won't be in the base game? I guess it would make sense to leave them out, given the fact they wouldn't really be used, but still, they look good on our lots. :p
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    we might get them in a EP like sims 2 nightlife did.
    Duwsh

Duwsh

I'm not sure tbh, surely they could have announced it with toddlers and pools if they weren't in the game. Guess we'll find out when they show us gameplay!
    Simsolina

Simsolina

I hope we get a working driveway like in TS2 and I also hope that we'll finally see them open the door, get in, close the door, beep and go :D whenever we get them, that's what I hope for :)
    Duwsh

Duwsh

Didn't they confirm they wouldn't do getting into cars? Not sure, but if not I'm not too fussed, I disliked that I had to have the driveway at the edge of the lot anyway.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    V12creator

V12creator

I prefer that we get limited placements for driveways and animated and interactable cars from thesims2 than ones that can be placed everywhere and cars that function based on teletransportation like TS3.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    SleepyD2k

SleepyD2k

Origin ID:
    CanelaCaliente/SweetieTreats
    I honestly won't miss cars. I liked the cars in The Sims 3 better than the ones in The Sims 2 although the ones in The Sims 2 had additional animations. I loved building mansions with an underground garage full of a collection of cars or building parking lots.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Duwsh

Duwsh

Love how people complain about lack of features or things being dumbed down in The Sims games then ask for a feature from two games ago which constrains the building tools further.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Simsolina

Simsolina

I didn't ask for anything. I was just mentioning TS2, because that car system made more sense to me than just snapping fingers and a car pops out on the road.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Cynel

Cynel V.I.P Sims 4 V.I.P

Origin ID:
    Cynel1
    well like TS2 Drivable Cars Appeared in Nightlife Ep.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Duwsh

Duwsh

It wasn't aboiut you or anyone in particular, I've seen people complain about not having this feature in the past and thought it was relevant to the topic haha.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Aesir23

Aesir23

Origin ID:
    Aesir26
    I'm not sure if we'll be getting cars in the base game but if we aren't then I would be very surprised if we didn't get them again at some point even if it's in an EP as was the case with TS2.

I'm not too fussed about additional animations for the cars as opposed to the TS3 teleporting cars. However, if there's anything I would like to see returned to the cars from earlier games it would have to be the option to get an alarm installed in them. There have been a few times where I've had a burglar come up and I've been completely confident that nothing will be stolen since I had an alarm. Nope, he/she took a car and left.
    • Like Like x 2
    Rethka786

Rethka786

Origin ID:
    Rethka786
    I want to be able to give my sims commands while driving a car such as 'Beep the horn' or Go faster/slower'.
    • Like Like x 2
    madchemist2014

madchemist2014

I honestly don't think cars are gonna be on base game, but we'll see, that doesn't change my mind about buying sims 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Jewel

Jewel

Well I didn't hear about cars , but who knows .
    IvoryOwl

IvoryOwl

If every time we change from one neighborhood to another we get a loading screen and we instantly get teleported to our location, what's the point of having a car? TS4 is no longer a open-world like TS3 was, its divided into sections. In their latest gameplay video you can see what I mean as they moved from the park to the gym, and from the gym to their house.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
    madchemist2014

madchemist2014

Graham said this on twitter:
    "Depending how you travel you'll see Sims walk off the lot or out of the neighborhood. They don't all instantly start loading"
    I'm not putting this to raise the hopes of people, but to clarify that cars may be, we'll just have to wait, personally I didn't use cars in sims 3, I prefered bicylcles.

7:56 PM - 19 jul 2014
    Jewel

Jewel

I don't like that feature its kinda pisses me off , i hate it in Ts2 , why would they return it in Ts4 ! :(
    madchemist2014

madchemist2014

because they wanted to make the game playable on low-end machines too, I thoght sims 3's open world was too glitchy and empty, I prefer it the classic sim way
    Jewel

Jewel

Oh I thought that we wander in the town with A loading screen .